• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

they can be the first two people to tough the trophy just as long from here on out they are seen and not heard

truly - take all the damn glory
    Agreed!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I am, my friend. I have news, I am in Los Angeles. You will see me at a Charger game in 2021.
      Too bad I moved I would enjoy meeting up for a beer and Charger talk. I'm in enemy territory now! Maybe someday we can do a TPB away game here in KC!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

Too bad I moved I would enjoy meeting up for a beer and Charger talk. I'm in enemy territory now! Maybe someday we can do a TPB away game here in KC!
        Sounds like a deal.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Straight up, I started this thread because I was really frustrated at the Spanos, really Dean & John. Then, the Spanos Family did the right thing, fired Lynn and made an excellent hire and no one heard a hint of it in the press. I believe the dust has settled noe and we can better gauge this major change in staff.

IMO, they are to be congratulated for hiring the best head coach since Don Coryell, and they went about it quietly. Same with Justin Herbert. Excellent front office moves, both vital talents to success of the organization. Dean Spanos and John Spanos made an excellent hire and I want to commend them for choice.

Art Rooney, bought the Steelers in the 1930s and he finally had the control and the position he wanted in 1945, to run the Steelers and win a championship. Took him 30 years.

This could be the Spanos' Chuck Noll.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Straight up, I started this thread because I was really frustrated at the Spanos, really Dean & John. Then, the Spanos Family did the right thing, fired Lynn and made an excellent hire and no one heard a hint of it in the press. I believe the dust has settled noe and we can better gauge this major change in staff.

IMO, they are to be congratulated for hiring the best head coach since Don Coryell, and they went about it quietly. Same with Justin Herbert. Excellent front office moves, both vital talents to success of the organization. Dean Spanos and John Spanos made an excellent hire and I want to commend them for choice.

Art Rooney, bought the Steelers in the 1930s and he finally had the control and the position he wanted in 1945, to run the Steelers and win a championship. Took him 30 years.

When they hired Lynn I asked why? Four years later I was still asking why? My answer has to be a placeholder or transitional coach who we didn't have to impress while the stadium was being built. It's built and now they actually have to fill it with fans going forward. LOL!

:beer:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Lynn had plenty of buzz when we got him. The feeling was that he would be a good motivator and that the coordiantors would handle the X's and O's. Now that we've got a guy who seems to really know the game, the question will be do the players respect him and can he motivate them. I'm hoping he ends up leading us to multiple Super Bowls and ends up in the HOF. I'm just pointing out the contrast to Lynn.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

That's my HC.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  Lynn had plenty of buzz when we got him. The feeling was that he would be a good motivator and that the coordiantors would handle the X's and O's. Now that we've got a guy who seems to really know the game, the question will be do the players respect him and can he motivate them. I'm hoping he ends up leading us to multiple Super Bowls and ends up in the HOF. I'm just pointing out the contrast to Lynn.
                  The players will respect their HC until they have reason not to. Especially one who was one of the brightest, most successful, innovative coordinators in the NFL last year.
                  I can't think of any LAC players right now that aren't excited for their opportunity in 2021.
                  Staley's biggest challenge is getting everyone to use the same terminology, have it mean the same thing to everybody, coaches, players, player units and get them playing complimentary football top to bottom.
                  His organizational skills will be tested. It's a good bet that he & his staff are well into how they intend to do their business. Staley has been thinking about how he'll handle an NFL HC job for years

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Or maybe they'll bring out your anger and rage again. This team has its ways with its fans. They'll make you laugh. They'll make you cry. The Chargers never fail to amuse.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The players will respect their HC until they have reason not to. Especially one who was one of the brightest, most successful, innovative coordinators in the NFL last year.
                      I can't think of any LAC players right now that aren't excited for their opportunity in 2021.
                      Staley's biggest challenge is getting everyone to use the same terminology, have it mean the same thing to everybody, coaches, players, player units and get them playing complimentary football top to bottom.
                      His organizational skills will be tested. It's a good bet that he & his staff are well into how they intend to do their business. Staley has been thinking about how he'll handle an NFL HC job for years
                      Staley does seem like he has a clue about the job and its not too big for him. Who knows - maybe after so many years - the Chargers finally with have a head coach that has lasted like Harbaugh has in Baltimore or even McCarthy did in Green Bay, Tomlin - 10-12+ years. Maybe finally, Telesco has the partner in the HC who knows what type of players he wants for his system.

I know there was a lot of talk about what makes a good head coach: leader of men, respected, etc. Personally, I still think its about can you teach your players to be better individually during the week, game planning, practice and than during the game, can you make the necessary adjustments to win that game that day.

I am hoping Staley is the above - I do think he understands football in 2021. I just saw a brief clip from Saban about how he grew up understanding football (defense, special teams and running game) and he said you can't win like that today. I thought of Lynn still trying to win. Not that you don't need good defense and special teams but football has evolved.

Comment

Working...
                      X