Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Are You Rooting For The Chargers To Win Or Lose The Final Three Games?

I understand the desire to ensure Lynn's ouster and have a chance to draft Penei Sewell. If the Chargers drop these last three against their AFC rivals and go winless in the division for the second consecutive season I don't see how Lynn survives. I'm ready to move on from Lynn, but I can't root against my team. And losing all three is not going to help Herbert's psyche and confidence going into his second season, and developing Herbert into a winner is more important than anything else.

Where are you on this? I'm rooting for my team to win no matter what. It's the way I'm wired. I know some fans here believe the Chargers are better off losing out to put the pressure on the Spanos family to make a coaching change, and maybe move on from Telesco as well, and to improve next year's draft position. I'm not criticizing anyone for taking that position, because I understand it and a part of me feels the same way. But a bigger part of me wants the Chargers to win no matter what.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

When you say " ... I don't see how how Lynn survives ..."

Do you mean -

There is no way I would keep Lynn?

or

There is no way Dean and John Spanos keep Lynn?

Two very different questions.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      When you say " ... I don't see how how Lynn survives ..."

Do you mean -

There is no way I would keep Lynn?

or

There is no way Dean and John Spanos keep Lynn?

Two very different questions.
      I mean if the Chargers lose these next three, getting swept by the division for the 2nd consecutive season and ending this season with more losses than last year, the Spanoses will fire him.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

I’m probably in the minority but Fuck the Raiders and Fuck Denver. Chiefs game probably won’t matter for KC.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Next three games are against divisional rivals. I could never root for losing against them, and would rather the teams around their draft position to win. Honestly, I don't know what is in store for Lynn, but I don't think its with the Chargers, no matter if they sweep the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
            I’m probably in the minority but Fuck the Raiders and Fuck Denver. Chiefs game probably won’t matter for KC.
            Hadn't thought of that. The Chargers can beat the Raiders or Broncos on any given Sunday or Thursday and it wouldn't surprise me if they win their next two games. But Reid just might be in a position to sit his starters in Week 17 give the Chargers a good chance to win that game too. That would definitely save Lynn's job IMO, and I really do have mixed feelings about that. But I am going to root for the Chargers to win regardless of anything else.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I always hope for a win but I am Done with Lynn and Gus. I want a change so these next three are meaningless except for momentum.... Which we don't need if those two are gone.

So if we lose out, I won't care if it means a change. Even if we win one of them i think he is gone.

Tired of seeing keystone cops trying to manage a end of half and end of game drive with comedy.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I had decided a while ago that Lynn was not making the kind of progress I wanted to see (none at all).

Was had already decided that we should get rid of him, regardless of record.

I think we go ahead and try and win. There are good players, and while we could really use a good OT, we need a lot of other good players at a lot of other positions too.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Hadn't thought of that. The Chargers can beat the Raiders or Broncos on any given Sunday or Thursday and it wouldn't surprise me if they win their next two games. But Reid just might be in a position to sit his starters in Week 17 give the Chargers a good chance to win that game too. That would definitely save Lynn's job IMO, and I really do have mixed feelings about that. But I am going to root for the Chargers to win regardless of anything else.
                  I don’t think they win all three and the Broncos are on a good upswing while the Raiders are struggling but they will be desperate this Thursday. Also even if Andy sits everybody in the last game that’s exactly the type of game Lynn’s Chargers could easily lose. Besides Spanos will drive us all nuts and hire somebody nobody saw coming. I do think Gus is toast no matter what.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

It's stress free football for me right now. A welcome change from all the disappointing losses earlier in the season that took their toll.

Having said that, I want them to win every time they take the field and the last 3 are no exception, especially against the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

Draft position is a hollow trench to fall into. Nothing is certain and we have several picks in this draft and should be able to get key players not matter what. We could have the first 10 picks in this draft and it won't matter unless we get the coaching staff right. So, screw the losing for picks for mentality.

I do think they need to make a change at coaching and to land a big time guy the very best thing they can do right now is win so it looks attractive. These guys are more likely to come if the team isn't so damaged mentally that it needs a complete overhaul.

Comment

• TTThunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      And losing all three is not going to help Herbert's psyche and confidence going into his second season, and developing Herbert into a winner is more important than anything.
                      Short term, I always want us to win.

​​​​​​But for longer term, for the sake of Herbert, changing of HC, to the one who can maximize his potential, should benefit him more...

So I am on board with changing HC (even that meant 0-6 for 2 years in a row) to get a new direction for the team!

Go Bolts!!!
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

I don’t think they win all three and the Broncos are on a good upswing while the Raiders are struggling but they will be desperate this Thursday. Also even if Andy sits everybody in the last game that’s exactly the type of game Lynn’s Chargers could easily lose. Besides Spanos will drive us all nuts and hire somebody nobody saw coming. I do think Gus is toast no matter what.
                        Can't argue with you here.

Comment

Working...
                        X