• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Brian Daboll For Head Coach

Brian Daboll, center at St. Francis, far right. Bringing the Bills their first AFC West title since 1995.

• ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Its only a good hire if he is the one calling plays as well. What you are wanting is his playcalling ability and QB mentoring which is also cool and i think Herbert is also getting that right now from Pep.

If he is calling plays, then im in.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Its only a good hire if he is the one calling plays as well. What you are wanting is his playcalling ability and QB mentoring which is also cool and i think Herbert is also getting that right now from Pep.

I can't testify to the play-calling as I've done zero researching on play-calling responsibilities in Buffalo. I'll learn more and get back to addressing that particular and valid critique.

Daboll has a leg-up on most other candidates. I've been thinking about another dynamic that is coming down the pike, buddy....Playoff elimination and coach availability. The Bills will be eliminated in the Championship Round or Divisional of the 2021 NFL Playoffs.

Chiefs are going to win this thing again, and Daboll will become available before Bieniemy does, Chiefs coaches, like Dave Toub and Bieniemy will not be available to begin until February.

Bottomline: Daboll becomes available by the Bills exiting the playoffs quicker than the Bills, in this particular outcome.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills...e53877af9.html

BJ, I can confirm. Brian Daboll calls his own plays. #BillsMafia fans were hot at him last-year for a play that involved Josh Allen and the ball security was bad, and the play blew up. They coached that bad trait out of him, and coached Josh Allen up on ball security, and it hasn't been an issue.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2020/12/07/buffalo-bills-san-francisco-niners-score-josh-allen/6487111002/

OC Brian Daboll gameplans and calls play for the Buffalo Bills.

QB Allen was sublime as he executed a brilliantly concocted game plan by offensive coordinator and completed 32 of 40 passes for 375 yards and four touchdowns, one each to Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox, Isaiah McKenzie and Gabriel Davis, and didn't commit a turnover.

He's funny too.

“Before a September game against the Rams, Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll said dryly that the game plan against Aaron Donald involved hoping ‘he missed the bus’ to the stadium.”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I want the next head coach to be making sure he understands what is happening : understanding the game, strategy, down and distance, time outs, etc. But yes, if Daboll is the coach and he can do all that and call plays, more power. Being that he learned under Saban and Hoodie -my guess he will delegate.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want the next head coach to be making sure he understands what is happening : understanding the game, strategy, down and distance, time outs, etc. But yes, if Daboll is the coach and he can do all that and call plays, more power. Being that he learned under Saban and Hoodie -my guess he will delegate.
                Remember bro, the reason Daboll left the Tide in the first place, was he had developed Tua at QB. And wanted to start Tua over Jalen Hurts.

That is a sea-change on offense. To go from the storied Alabama option-offense to a pro set with a left-handed QB? LSU did it with an incredible season as the Tigers passing game coordinator under Joe Brady, and Alabama made the transition too. But, Daboll moved on to the NFL, as did Brady, who is still building his program. As for Brady, he gets a new GM as of today, which will bode well for recruiting talent in Carolina.

Lastly, more good data points are, Daboll helped develop both Tua & Jalen Hurts at QB.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Coaching under Saban and hoodie is a pretty good coaching pedigree.

I like that he coached in college and should be able to connect with Herbie

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Coaching under Saban and hoodie is a pretty good coaching pedigree.

I like that he coached in college and should be able to connect with Herbie
                      I like that Daboll played Center (broke his thumb) and understands the game, from the player's perspective. Both Telesco and Daboll admit their prep school football coach lit a fire in them to compete.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I like that Daboll played Center (broke his thumb) and understands the game, from the player's perspective. Both Telesco and Daboll admit their prep school football coach lit a fire in them to compete.
                        I just hope all this, I know the term for dreaming about your roster is "roster-bating" - what would a similar term for the new coach be - but whatever, I hope we the fans aren't spending all this time "Coacher-bating" and it falls through.

Comment

Working...
                        X