Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Chargers @ Chiefs Pre-Game Discussion, Chargers Favored by 3.5

The Jan. 3 game has been moved to the afternoon slate and will be televised on Fox not CBS. It's going to be a difficult game to set odds on because the Chiefs have nothing to play for and nobody knows how much playing time Andy Reid is going to give his starters.
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Chiefs have the bye locked up so I think they’ll play the starters for at least the first half. Don’t want to be too rusty going into the playoffs

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

The Chiefs open as a 3 point favorite over the Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Chiefs have the bye locked up so I think they’ll play the starters for at least the first half. Don’t want to be too rusty going into the playoffs
        About one half to maybe one possession in the third quarter, but I would be surprised if it were any more than that at most.

We did not play the starters long enough (about one quarter) against WAS in 2009 and it showed two weeks later against the Jets.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Pivotal game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

They have nothing to play, we have nothing to play for. Should be a great game.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Have no idea why this game was moved - has zero playoff ramifications. But oh well.

My guess, Chiefs will play starters for a bit - maybe a couple series - but not much longer.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                The Chiefs open as a 3 point favorite over the Chargers.
                The two sites I use had the spreads for every game, except Chargers-Chiefs, it just said TBD and TBA. I assumed it was because they didn't know how to handicap it due to uncertainty over who Andy Reid is going to play next week.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The two sites I use had the spreads for every game, except Chargers-Chiefs, it just said TBD and TBA. I assumed it was because they didn't know how to handicap it due to uncertainty over who Andy Reid is going to play next week.
                  That's why I wait for rich to open this thread... his source is reliable, lol.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Chiefs HC Andy Reid plans to rest some players against Chargers in Week 17

Could be Justin Herbert v. Chad Henne next week....

“Listen, in the past, I’ve been OK with it,” Reid said of resting players. “The way we’ve gone about it— the way we’ve practiced in between that dead period there— the bye week period. I feel comfortable if needed here to rest guys; which I’m leaning in that direction. I’m confident that we can do it the right way and I’m not worried about [rust]. Getting guys freshened up, I think can be a positive thing for you. These guys aren’t going to forget the plays, they won’t forget how to play. But I think, in some cases, a little bit of rest helps.”
                    Last edited by Velo; 12-28-2020, 12:53 PM. Reason: Changed Chase Daniels to Chad Henne

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

I don’t care who the Chiefs play I hope Herbert torches them.

If the Titans or the Colts get hot I could see both of those teams beating the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Chiefs HC Andy Reid plans to rest some players against Chargers in Week 17

Could be Justin Herbert v. Chase Daniels next week....

“Listen, in the past, I’ve been OK with it,” Reid said of resting players. “The way we’ve gone about it— the way we’ve practiced in between that dead period there— the bye week period. I feel comfortable if needed here to rest guys; which I’m leaning in that direction. I’m confident that we can do it the right way and I’m not worried about [rust]. Getting guys freshened up, I think can be a positive thing for you. These guys aren’t going to forget the plays, they won’t forget how to play. But I think, in some cases, a little bit of rest helps.”

Chase Daniels isnt there anymore. Its Chad Henne. Chase Daniels is a Lion.
                        If Mahomes plays, im sure it will be a tough one for us. But Henne dosn't need game experience, he has been in the league a long time and frankly i didnt know he was still in the league lol.

He probably rests those that are injured or hurting for sure and maybe play others only a half. Who knows. They only have two healthy RBs in Bell and Williams so both should go and split time. If Kelsey doesnt go thats a big plus for us.

Still wont be a walk in the park as for one thing its gonna be cold.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                        X