• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think you are pretty far off thinking this is going to be a traditional base 3-4. I think its gonna change a lot and we will have multiple looks. Ingram isnt to small to play OLB in a 3-4 and he probably isnt coming back anyways. I dont want him him back.
    None of which will include those around here who claim to have in depth knowledge of Staley's vision.

I sure do hope Staley does not even try Murray at WOLB and it ends up going well for the sake of these TPB experts.

:biggrin:

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Looks like Staley got DL Coach Jay Rodgers from the Bears. 2018 award winner for NFL's best DL coach. 3-4 DL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

None of which will include those around here who claim to have in depth knowledge of Staley's vision.

I sure do hope Staley does not even try Murray at WOLB and it ends up going well for the sake of these TPB experts.

:biggrin:
        Right..... Lol

I've no idea what to expect...just that he will run it to the strengths of the personnel and scheme accordingly. It's exciting that we won't have the same defense every week.

Who knows if he tries Murray there but why try him there when he is starting to excell where he belongs? He could be our Ray Lewis.

Ok Ray Lewis light.
        ​​​​​​
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          Looks like Staley got DL Coach Jay Rodgers from the Bears. 2018 award winner for NFL's best DL coach. 3-4 DL.
          I immediately looked at the Bears depth chart and salary cap numbers. Nothing jumps out.

It appears that Staley is looking for hires that he knows and that he can work with. They all have breadth of resume. Solid.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Rodgers with a background as a qb and wr coach....

a pattern emerges
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

yessir, now off to watch Bears D highlights and analysis:disco:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't see Murray playing OLB either. I think if we keep Perryman, he and Murray are a good ILB combo though neither offer much in coverage so you can rotate in Tranquil. But who knows if we even re sign Perryman.
                How much we actually play the 3-4 is another guess.
                Others are better suited to play JACK. Perryman, underrated and bargain priced, is a good MIKE. You might remember he came in when Murray the MIKE was benched. It is simply a smart useage of personnel to put Murray at WOLB and take advantage of his athleticism.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

No team is playing 340 lb NT anymore. Since NFL offenses are 11 personnel so much, you are just putting a guy on the field who can't get after the QB. And if they can, then they are going to be getting #20 mill+ per season. And Joesph is pretty big and immobile.
                  Joseph provides inside push at the Nose Tackle position.

Ingram has been a 34 OLB before and was fine. Plenty of 34 OLB are shorter in height, so everyone can forget the long arms only bullshit. James Harrison was several inches shorter than Ingram.
                  You are talking about Ingram like he is staying.

Murray is a good blitzer but has never been used as a pass rusher. No experience and no skill set to fall back on. People are dreaming because they have no idea what to look for. We need a real OLB, not pipe dreams. Murray is a ILB type who can blitz, but that is it.
                  Blitzing OLBs ARE the pass rush in Staley's defense, especially EAGLE Front. No one can predict how much we will use Hybrid. Differentiate between gusD WILB​​​​ and Staley WOLB when defining Murray please.

We need help everywhere> CB is one of the spots, especially if we release Hayward to save money.
                  TT has Hayward is under contract and he is coming off an injury plagued season with too much "help" from Nasir and gusD.

If you can't tell who is going where based on how they play, you are going to fuck up your draft. Who cares what guys run in their underwear? Watch them play, there is plenty of that on youtube.
                  TT tends to rely on college tape and productivity for evaluations.
                  However, prospects do need to meet minimum thresholds, or you end up with slow LBs like Manti Teo. The problem with gusD (and TPB draft evaluators I might ad) is that uber athleticism in various forms is emphasized too much over football traits and instincts which translate well to the pro game.

See Adderley and Tillery.
                  I am still trying to visualize Nasir wrapping up or Tillery anchoring at all, and this is a job requirement for Staley's defense. gusD had different aspects he prioritized, like playing fast and being physical.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

TT tends to rely on college tape and productivity for evaluations.
                    However, prospects do need to meet minimum thresholds, or you end up with slow LBs like Manti Teo. The problem with gusD (and TPB draft evaluators I might ad) is that uber athleticism in various forms is emphasized too much over football traits and instincts which translate well to the pro game.

See Adderley and Tillery.
                    I am still trying to visualize Nasir wrapping up or Tillery anchoring at all, and this is a job requirement for Staley's defense. gusD had different aspects he prioritized, like playing fast and being physical.
                    I thought I learned my lesson years ago, which is why I thought Tua was the superior prospect over Herbert (by about 10 draft slots).
                    However now i'm considering leaning back (again) towards athleticism ASSUMING we have great/genius coaching
                    to teach Nasir how to wrap up and Tillery how to achor, these are not absurd physical demands, thus reasonable to ask Staley and co. to coach up these great athletes to execute basic fundamentals.
                    I think i'm willing to sacrifice instincts for under drafted athleticism, especially on defense and on day 3
                    I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe in Staley, would you say that's fair or am I missing something?
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I had Tua too 21.
                      mea culpa

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Thats why Im adamant that along with Loser Lynn and Gutless Gus TT really needs to be shown the exit for this team to start makin the playoffs again.Terrible depth on this team.
                        Gutless Gus!!! LOL! Excellent nickname, Gang! If he was still with us, I'd add that gem to the Bolt Nickname Thread!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Others are better suited to play JACK. Perryman, underrated and bargain priced, is a good MIKE. You might remember he came in when Murray the MIKE was benched. It is simply a smart useage of personnel to put Murray at WOLB and take advantage of his athleticism.
                          "Murray the Mike"...sounds like a Damon Runyon character out of "Guys and Dolls" ...like "Harry the Horse," "Angie the Ox," etc....or a Bobby Darin song "Mack the Knife"...

Comment

Working...
                          X