Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    This sort of feels like a Harbaugh type hire to me. Eent from DB coach to HC. Was known as a football savant within coaching circles. Harbaugh was brought in for his football IQ. I think we are trending away from old school football in the league and some of these really cerebral young guys are where the league is headed.

Its still all about basics and fundamentals though. So i hope we can get back to basics. Like tackling and proper gap assignments. Fits etc.

Really think he is salivating over some of the young talent we have on that side of the ball. I kind of feel like we could go all in on either side of the ball in the draft and put either side in the top 5. Offense of defense. Go all offense and we are set. Go all defense and we are set. That wont happen of course so i guess im just saying that i feel like maybe we are 2 drafts away from long term dominance.

But you never know. He may finally get something out of players who haven't developed yet.
    My biggest hope.
    lets avoid spending the length of Herbert’s rookie contract rebuilding with “his guys”
    a true football genius should be able to compete as soon as next season imo
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Something I just heard about Staley, that I thought made sense and hasn't been raised. Because McVay is an offensive guy and calls the plays and is super involved in the offense, it is a pretty sure bet he let Staley run the defense all the way. So the Chargers got a coach that they know was absolutely in control and responsible for the results of the unit he coordinated. No wondering how much was him and how much was really McVay. Sort of the anti-Bienemy if you will.

Also, this is my own musing. Chargers might feel that Herbert is so smart and talented that they don't need to hire a HC based mostly on his further development. I mean, as a rookie, with no OTAs, a brand new to the team and system QB coach, an inexperienced OC, a really poor game managing HC, and a terrible OL, Herbert played like a top 10 QB already.

Last thing...I watched the Arthur Smith introductory presser. He is the oldest looking 38 year old I have ever seen. He is nervous and robotic and uninspiring. Talked in platitudes the whole time. Only time he seemed human was when someone asked him about comic book characters. I was not impressed. But hey, its just a presser. Just wonder if that is how he interviewed?

TG
      As you point out, it's just a press conference. Maybe he's different with the team. Additionally, I don't think you need to be the most excitable person in the world (especially in a press conference) to win. Not everyone is a Pete Carroll or Sean McVay. You ever watched a Belichick or Saban press conference? Those guys are extremely soporific when talking to the media and their teams seem to perform well.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

My biggest hope.
        lets avoid spending the length of Herbert’s rookie contract rebuilding with “his guys”
        a true football genius should be able to compete as soon as next season imo
        Well if he cant then we can probably all agree TT should be replaced

Comment

• Inforfun
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

I think Big Ben Won a Super Bowl in his second Year. It had a lot to do with a great defense and not a lot of tape on BigBen.

the iron is hot and upgrading defense is the focus..... we will see what our new HC can do to improve defense to PO caliber

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Inforfun View Post
            I think Big Ben Won a Super Bowl in his second Year. It had a lot to do with a great defense and not a lot of tape on BigBen.

the iron is hot and upgrading defense is the focus..... we will see what our new HC can do to improve defense to PO caliber
            He played like shit in both of his SB wins.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He played like shit in both of his SB wins.
              he made plays at end of game to win those games......

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he made plays at end of game to win those games......
                that throw to Holmes was one of the best

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Hopefully he has his Coordinators put together before his presser today. Not that I want him to rush it... It's just that I want them to ... Hurry the fuck up. Lol!

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                    Hopefully he has his Coordinators put together before his presser today. Not that I want him to rush it... It's just that I want them to ... Hurry the fuck up. Lol!
                    Looks like hes putting together one hell of a defensive group together. Mahomo were coming for you.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

It’s official. Love the LT helmet in the photo.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

EsRyJz0VkAEpSoY.jpeg

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC