Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Offensive Line Free Agents Poll

Who would be #1 on your list to sign this off season. I would love to see an immediate move come March 18th.
    Brandon Scherff, Washington Football Team
    21.57%
    Joe Thuney, New England Patriots
    9.80%
    Russell Okung, Carolina Panthers
    0%
    Trent Williams, San Francisco 49ers
    11.76%
    Corey Linsley, Green Bay Packers
    50.98%
    Alex Mack, Atlanta Falcons
    0%
    Cameron Fleming, New York Giants
    0%
    Alejandro Villanueva, Pittsburgh Steelers
    1.96%
    Lane Taylor, Green Bay Packers
    0%
    Cameron Erving, Dallas Cowboys
    0%
    Other
    3.92%
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

I think Thuney and Scherff will be very expensive. But I think Linsley is obtainable. Also I am against OT in free agency as I think those are best from the draft

Mind you, not turning down Thuney or Scherff but both teams have cap space to bring them back.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2020
      • Send PM

Go all in for thuney
      he is a really good player and durable has never missed a game due to injury

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
        Go all in for thuney
        he is a really good player and durable has never missed a game due to injury
        Yeah I have read some good thing about this guy. We should be the 1st team in the NFL to pull the trigger on a high profile Oline free agent.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Yeah I have read some good thing about this guy. We should be the 1st team in the NFL to pull the trigger on a high profile Oline free agent.
          Doing research on the Saints since they are so far over the cap -- not saying they would get rid of Armstead - but he has one year left on his contract for just over $10m. The Saints would save $7m on the cap as there is some salary acceleration (Today the Saints are like 95m over the cap - Brees and Kwon Alexander get them about 35m so that leaves $60m)

Just thinking outside the box - what about the Chargers 5th or 6th round pick, throw in Pipkins for good measure for Armstead. He is a LT. Just trying to use teams that are over the cap for a solution.

Thuney though would be excellent. Would easily cut Trai Turner to sign Thuney

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Just say no to Okung.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Carlsbad, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Trent Williams is a wall. Worth spending the money. We need our GM to do his job for once. Draft OL/DL; no trades up.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                Trent Williams is a wall. Worth spending the money. We need our GM to do his job for once. Draft OL/DL; no trades up.
                That's the thing for me. I think I'd rather trade up and get Sewell & have him on a rookie deal than pay absolute top dollar for Trent Williams. I don't expect us to do either, but given the choices, that's the way I would go.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I would rather stay out of the high priced FA (or completely out of the FA ) market, since they rarely work out. Better to spend money on an approach that will actually work, then waste money on players who will fail like they do every year.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

That's the thing for me. I think I'd rather trade up and get Sewell & have him on a rookie deal than pay absolute top dollar for Trent Williams. I don't expect us to do either, but given the choices, that's the way I would go.
                    Since we have a young franchise QB on the rise we me might as well get young OL players as well to grow with him.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I would rather stay out of the high priced FA (or completely out of the FA ) market, since they rarely work out. Better to spend money on an approach that will actually work, then waste money on players who will fail like they do every year.
                    The FA moves this team made last off-season would've panned out better with acquiring Brady. Spending on FAs only bodes well with teams who are contending.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I think players like Goff - who was a dirtworker type, not the highest priced work better. OTs should come from the draft . I am good with Andrews or Linsley or possibly even from STaleys old team the Rams, Austin Blythe. His PFF scores against Feeney, much higher - just using that as a metric. I agree, middle tier free agents that add depth - not looking for pro bowlers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Good grief.

Fans with Hunter Henry/Mike Willams jerseys agree with you.

However, the results with Jack Conklin, Andrew Whitworth and Trent Williams have been nothing short of spectacular.

Our circumstances scream out for pointing to New Orleans or San Francisco for an anchor that transforms our Oline immediate, and while Herbert is on his rookie contract.

:coffee:
                        You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞