• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Happy Retirement, Philip Rivers!

Philip Rivers retiring from NFL after 17 seasons - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Thank you Philip!! The QB of the San Diego Chargers - heckuva QB. Heckuva career

Thank your for the great games, the leadership, the toughness - what you brought to the field
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Love ya Phil.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Guy probably had more fun than anyone playing. Great man who goes out on his own terms anxious to get started coaching HS ball. Lucky kids

Comment

• Disco Volante
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

Loved watching him play. Proud he was our quarterback. I hope he has a wonderful time in retirement with his family.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Helluva career. Sorry we couldn't get you a ring. You deserved it.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • victoria b.c.
            • Send PM

Great career and a class act !!!
            Thanks Phil !!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

I truly wish we could have gotten him a Super Bowl ring. I will always believe he was the best QB of that 2004 draft class, no matter how many rings the other two may have earned with their teams.

While the media always tried to paint Phil as the bad guy (he whines, taunts, etc.) you can see by how his teammates and the opposing players talk about him, what tremendous respect and admiration they all have for this likable and fierce competitor.

And that’s what Rivers is. A likable, fierce competitor. A great teammate. And a solid family man.

Happy retirement, Phil. And here’s to hoping the Hall comes calling in 5 years.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                I truly wish we could have gotten him a Super Bowl ring. I will always believe he was the best QB of that 2004 draft class, no matter how many rings the other two may have earned with their teams.

While the media always tried to paint Phil as the bad guy (he whines, taunts, etc.) you can see by how his teammates and the opposing players talk about him, what tremendous respect and admiration they all have for this likable and fierce competitor.

And that’s what Rivers is. A likable, fierce competitor. A great teammate. And a solid family man.

Happy retirement, Phil. And here’s to hoping the Hall comes calling in 5 years.
                Also think its telling who he had break the story. Like Manning once broke a story with Chris Mortenson. Mort held it a day or two and when Manning was ready (Peyton of course, not Elisan) - Mort wrote the story

This was with Acee. Rivers will always be a San Diego Chargers QB and he had his local beat writer - who covered him many years break the story. Says a lot about him

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I hope he signs a ceremonial 1 day contract and retires a Bolt. One of my all time favorite Chargers and people. Phil is a great human being.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I thought Rivers would of gave it one more year, they were competitive, and came close to advancing out of the wild card week, they have a good O-line, good RBs with Hines and Taylor, good WRs and will get the deep threat back next year in Parrish Campbell and they have a good defense. that is a team that can compete for a Super Bowl appearance next season

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Much love to Philip. I brought my second son home from the hospital in his jersey. I cursed when we drafted him in 2004 (I also cursed when we drafted Herbert). Boy was I wrong. It was a joy watching him play. I loved his competitiveness. I plan to be there when he gets inducted into Canton.

He truly gave his all to our team and the fans. He was our quarterback. Thank you.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Love and respect to my favorite qb ever
                        Nunc Coepi
                        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...