• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Wonder what type of issues this will cause with the restrictions placed on non-vaccinated players?

This will be an issue. What if most of our starting OL is with the non-vaccinated group. I remember last year it affected the Raiders when Brown tested positive so the rest of the starting OL were sent home. They were unable to practice. The same thing can happen to the Bolts.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Wonder what type of issues this will cause with the restrictions placed on non-vaccinated players?

I guess as of today, we’re no longer below 50%.
      A person familiar with the vaccination rates says two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp.

homer TheSimpsons GIF by Live What You Love Business Coaching

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

This will be an issue. What if most of our starting OL is with the non-vaccinated group. I remember last year it affected the Raiders when Brown tested positive so the rest of the starting OL were sent home. They were unable to practice. The same thing can happen to the Bolts.
        Yup. Whether we like it or not, whoever passes the NFL’s threshold will have a distinctive competitive advantage in terms of practice and even games played.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Maybe. It's a moving target.
          If we were going to Wash with less than 50% vac, probably.
          The numbers will change.
          ..and local nurses who tested pos had to take two weeks off before ret to work, not crew members. Not optimal but not season destroying either. The rest of the world isn't doing that "everybody they work with" crap.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Yup. Whether we like it or not, whoever passes the NFL’s threshold will have a distinctive competitive advantage in terms of practice and even games played.
            Fosho.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Belicheck has already figured out how to cheat the vaccine requirements and reporting. If there is a competitive advantage to be gained by breaking or bending a rule, he is all over it.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Belicheck has already figured out how to cheat the vaccine requirements and reporting. If there is a competitive advantage to be gained by breaking or bending a rule, he is all over it.

TG
                And then caught, and have absolutely nothing happen to him.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Maybe. It's a moving target.
                  If we were going to Wash with less than 50% vac, probably.
                  The numbers will change.
                  ..and local nurses who tested pos had to take two weeks off before ret to work, not crew members. Not optimal but not season destroying either. The rest of the world isn't doing that "everybody they work with" crap.
                  No one said that the NFL rules and regulations made any sense.
                  Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

FYI
                    Fully vaccinated players and coaches exposed to a COVID-positive individual won’t be labeled a high-risk close contact and subject to the mandatory five-day quarantine like in 2020, but unvaccinated players and coaches will be subject to it.

The Raider OL thing isn't likely.

I don't see a significant % of LAC players being vac hold outs. Staley will make sure they understand NFL Vac policy and it's team impact. There will be a few with personal reasons but most will take a shot for the team if not for other reasons. A high % of EUA covid vaccine users are survivors. I'm one.

No one can be required to use a drug that has no FDA approval. So what is the FDA waiting for? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

FYI
                      Fully vaccinated players and coaches exposed to a COVID-positive individual won’t be labeled a high-risk close contact and subject to the mandatory five-day quarantine like in 2020, but unvaccinated players and coaches will be subject to it.

I don't see a significant % of LAC players being vac hold outs. Staley will make sure they understand NFL Vac policy and it's team impact. There will be a few with personal reasons but most will take a shot for the team if not for other reasons. A high % of EUA covid vaccine users are survivors. I'm one.

No one can be required to use a drug that has no FDA approval. So what is the FDA waiting for? Inquiring minds want to know.
                      Hopefully my response won’t lead to this thread being derailed and is all my personal opinion. But typically vaccines take 6 to 12 months for a full FDA approval. When the FDA do approve the covid vaccines, they need to make sure that they are transparent about why it got approval faster than other vaccines. Otherwise, it may be perceived as a rush job or only approved because of outside pressure, therefore increasing vaccine hesitancy.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

FYI

Anyways, back to football related stuff. But gosh, I hope you’re right about the bolded part. I would hate to know that our division rivals, especially the Chiefs, are ahead of us.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Anyways, back to football related stuff. But gosh, I hope you’re right about the bolded part. I would hate to know that our division rivals, especially the Chiefs, are ahead of us.
                          FDA approval tales @ 12 mo on avg. I looked. Moderna hasn't completed filing yet. Tch, tch!

I'm just guessing about player vac participation but I think it's likely.
                          I'd be very disappointed in them if they screw the season up by that method.
                          Then again, it might be a favor. It could set me free of this cursed Chargers jones.

Comment

Working...
                          X