Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    All 3 LA Chargers preseason games carried on NFLN.
    https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-network...reseason-games
    Great news!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

DEN has only one !

Comment

• SBbound
        Casual fanatic
        • Feb 2019
        • Merced/San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Great news!
        You're not kidding, very welcome news. I'm going to be stuck in South Bend and I thought this might be the first Charger game I'd have to miss in 30+ years.

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Slater and the two third rounders are still unsigned. Why? No idea. Though if they have the same agents or agency…
          I ways looking at this a couple days ago. 4 of the 6 unsigned 1st round picks are represented by... Tom Condon, Jimmy Sexton, and Patrick Collins.

7fcu41hi2re41.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e2c6f6cfea3dcd8a9f3ab2320ec180851ef23b7c.png

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

I ways looking at this a couple days ago. 4 of the 6 unsigned 1st round picks are represented by... Tom Condon, Jimmy Sexton, and Patrick Collins.

7fcu41hi2re41.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e2c6f6cfea3dcd8a9f3ab2320ec180851ef23b7c.png
            Slater is the most important. Followed by McKitty and then Palmer last.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its been pretty tame by the looks of it. These things usually go full blown political. I think most here know the effect those types of battles have on me. I go full blown Warlock. And i appreciate the tone being civil.

Moderating a full blown "NO Politics" ban is really difficult. The line has to be drawn and enforced. But some topics can sort of easily cross over the line and look like they are not political. But lets face it...we have the pro vaccine and anti vaccine tribes. And most of them can be traced back to a political party. The virus from the beginning has been a big political talking point. And many will use its seemingly harmless discussion possibilities as a trojan horse for sharing there political message. And i cant tell you how many have thanked me for the ban. So i have to play Dad with the belt sometimes. lol

Carry on.....
              Not so sure about the lineage assumptions. Its a lot blurrier than that.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

4 guys represented by 3 agents sounds like 2 of them are just representing one guy. Did they have any other clients that did sign?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  Less skits more wins. lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Less skits more wins. lol
                    Fleet = Schotty ??
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Fleet = Schotty ??
                      Pretty much. This girl who runs the social media team has a gnarly work rate. And is always around the players trying to get them to do silly things. She is the best in the biz at what she does. But no other team puts in the social media time with its players like we do. Its constant. We have good players....that are constantly underperforming or regressing even. Its like an elimination diet. If you cant diagnose the illness....start over. Remove most things you are doing and focus on the basics. Water. Fruits and veggies maybe. There is something making you sick. lol

Even on their own social media accounts....its politics....bitcoin....video games. Self promoting. Go play fucking football. Eat sleep and shit football. Strip away all the other focus BS. Win games. If you start winning games....you will know that its a possibility that there was too much emphasis on winning the wrong game. The social media game. I dont care about it. Having a great social media team and seeing our players do cool shit on social media never makes the losses better. It makes me think its a defocus.

Play football win football. Bad players start to think its ok to be mediocre because social media types that dont understand the game or care about wins...love them so much and always promote them. Badgley a classic example.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Pretty much. This girl who runs the social media team has a gnarly work rate. And is always around the players trying to get them to do silly things. She is the best in the biz at what she does. But no other team puts in the social media time with its players like we do. Its constant. We have good players....that are constantly underperforming or regressing even. Its like an elimination diet. If you cant diagnose the illness....start over. Remove most things you are doing and focus on the basics. Water. Fruits and veggies maybe. There is something making you sick. lol

Even on their own social media accounts....its politics....bitcoin....video games. Self promoting. Go play fucking football. Eat sleep and shit football. Strip away all the other focus BS. Win games. If you start winning games....you will know that its a possibility that there was too much emphasis on winning the wrong game. The social media game. I dont care about it. Having a great social media team and seeing our players do cool shit on social media never makes the losses better. It makes me think its a defocus.

Play football win football. Bad players start to think its ok to be mediocre because social media types that dont understand the game or care about wins...love them so much and always promote them. Badgley a classic example.
                        Regarding social media and football, one big mistake a lot of players make is whining publicly on Twitter about their issues with management, coaches, fans or players, whether lack of playing time, touches, not being respected, second guessing coaching decisions, etc. I might even agree with some of the statements some of them make, but the end result is to frequently foment division, locker room cancer, management conflict and sometimes even resentment from fans. Yep...prefer that players shut up and play...
                        Last edited by Topcat; 07-20-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Regarding social media and football, one big mistake a lot of players make is whining publicly on Twitter about their issues with management, coaches, fans or players, whether lack of playing time, touches, not being respected, second guessing coaching decisions, etc. I might even agree with some of the statements some of them make, but the end result is to frequently foment division, locker room cancer, management conflict and sometimes even resentment from fans. Yep...prefer that players shut up and play...
                          I agree with Fleet: win games and watch the fan base grow.

But I guarantee the Chargers’ social media team has been charged with invigorating/building a fan base. It’s a marketable team in a big-market town. And we need to fill the seats at SoFi—preferably with Charger fans. They’re doing a good job from their end. The winning games part is up to the players and the new coaching staff.

The ship is turning.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X