• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    There are round three OLTs in this draft.
    ​​​​​
    Now that we have stabilized IOL, we could live with Pipkins, Tevi, Villanueva, Reiff, whoever.

I would just as soon put the exclamation point on IOL with one more early/mid round shitkicker.

What did TT say ?
    We need to improve at running game and Red Zone offense.
    I would add short yardage...that all points to IOL.
    My dream scenario is Slater in R1 and Wyatt Davis in R2

I just don't think Villanueva or Reiff are the right long term answers. Maybe a one year deal for 5m. Thats why I like Dennis Kelly. The Chargers need to quit jerking around and fix the damn LT for the long run!

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2020
      • Send PM

Phillip lindsay is now a free agent the broncos took out the tender
      interesting good rb and will play with angry revenge against the donkeys

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
        Phillip lindsay is now a free agent the broncos took out the tender
        interesting good rb and will play with angry revenge against the donkeys
        Nice.....seems like Linsay would light us up for a big run every time we played them.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Lindsay was a fan fav and media darling....and also pretty damn good...and the Broncos original round tender is dirt cheap....so why the hell they let him go? Me thinks underlying health issues forecast.
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Lindsay was a fan fav and media darling....and also pretty damn good...and the Broncos original round tender is dirt cheap....so why the hell they let him go? Me thinks underlying health issues forecast.
            Yeah, It was weird to see him released this way. I'd take him if the price was right.

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How many years have the "media" talked about how teams that are patient and get better value in free agency are applauded. This year, the Patriots blow their load the first day (and hey Belichick has shown he has a clue as a head coach ) - and he is the talk of the town. If that had been the Jets - probably not the same. Belichick had to upgrade the roster as he has failed as a GM in some ways the last few years
              ​​​​​​Agreed. He knew he had to re-tool, and he did it. Benefit of the doubt. Drafting near the end of every round, for the last 20 years, looked like it caught up with him last year. 3 starters opting out didn't help either. We'll see if it works. If it does the copycats are going to make the start of FA even crazier going forward.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I just don't think Villanueva or Reiff are the right long term answers. Maybe a one year deal for 5m. Thats why I like Dennis Kelly. The Chargers need to quit jerking around and fix the damn LT for the long run!
                Im with you. Fix the OL for the next 3 years in this draft.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  The Linsley signing was great. The other one’s ok, he seems like Steelers version of Jeremy Clary. Still probably an upgrade for how awful this line was last season.

I don’t understand how Telesco decided to take a nap yesterday though. Gerald Everett was available and ended up signing for cheap with Seattle. He could’ve replaced Henry for us. Haason Reddick ended up signing a cheap 1 yr deal with Carolina. He had 12 sacks last season. He could’ve replaced Ingram for us.

I don’t get it, does Telesco think free agency is over and now he’s just gonna rely on the draft entirely?

I think the hype from signing Linsley got to his head. We still have MAJOR needs at CB, S, LG, LT, OLB, DT and DE.
                  Gerald isn’t going to replace Henry. He’s been on a downward spiral the last two seasons. Reddick would have been interesting given that it was only a one year deal. But it may also depend on what Staley wants also.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Given their age, we can all agree that at best they’re bridge LTs until we can get a successor in place. Hopefully this year.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Given their age, we can all agree that at best they’re bridge LTs until we can get a successor in place. Hopefully this year.
                      I can't say I have watched Villanueva much the past year or so, but have a friend that is a huge Steeler fan and his take is that he doesn't have much left and is happy the Steelers are moving on from him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Im with you. Fix the OL for the next 3 years in this draft.
                        But I still think they need make sure they have better depth than last year. I think one more good player, whether OT or OG, would help solidify the Oline and not have to rely on two rookies - unless they win the job. Which is what you want - sign the veteran, 3-5m depending on player. But the rookies Slater and Davis , win the jobs!

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I can't say I have watched Villanueva much the past year or so, but have a friend that is a huge Steeler fan and his take is that he doesn't have much left and is happy the Steelers are moving on from him.
                          Agree with your friend and I don’t know why we’d want more Steelers OL. Ben gets beat to shit back there

Comment

Working...
                          X