• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree with your friend and I don’t know why we’d want more Steelers OL. Ben gets beat to shit back there
    After the Chargers signed Feiler, I read some of their board and they didn't understand the signing because the Steelers run game was so bad. But Villanueva, DeCastro and Pouncey all have seen their better days. So maybe it wasn't all Feiler. Maybe there was an overall decline in play.

And another thing - I am glad Telesco didn't do what Keim has done in AZ so far. I guess AZ is where people go to retire. Individually, adding Prater, Watt and Hudson are solid moves . But collectively, adding those three plus three more of the Cocoon gang in AJ Green, Beachum and Alford - not sure that is "going all in with Kyler" the right way. I think its why I am pushing for Adoree - there is a potential there not realized.

There are a lot of DBs out there - you know what you will get, won't break the bank at this point that if the Chargers do not decide on Adoree - they can be very patient.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Rescinding the RFA tag on Lindsey makes no sense. I can't imagine that someone wouldn't have given up a late round pick for his rights. I agree that something seems fishy.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree with your friend and I don’t know why we’d want more Steelers OL. Ben gets beat to shit back there
        To be fair, Ben has always has issues holding onto the ball too long.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Time to resign SupaMel. He played the market and found out his value is diminished. Time to bring him home on a realistic contract. We have no realistic Edge prospects that can produce more than him next year.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            The Linsley signing was great. The other one’s ok, he seems like Steelers version of Jeremy Clary. Still probably an upgrade for how awful this line was last season.

I don’t understand how Telesco decided to take a nap yesterday though. Gerald Everett was available and ended up signing for cheap with Seattle. He could’ve replaced Henry for us. Haason Reddick ended up signing a cheap 1 yr deal with Carolina. He had 12 sacks last season. He could’ve replaced Ingram for us.

I don’t get it, does Telesco think free agency is over and now he’s just gonna rely on the draft entirely?

I think the hype from signing Linsley got to his head. We still have MAJOR needs at CB, S, LG, LT, OLB, DT and DE.
            Gerald Everett didnt start for the Rams. He was the second TE behind Higbee. He isnt that great of a blocker. Seems some of you just want to sign anyone to fill a spot, but im betting TT and Staley and Lombardi want a fit.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

I was a bit tired yesterday and so I lacked some clarity. I disagree with Popper and most on these forums. Telesco's plan and ideas only work if he can draft players and those players can be developed. The problem with the Chargers has been Telesco's drafts, stated simply. FA becomes a better place to build a team right now because of Telesco's drafting deficiencies. If Telesco could draft like NE, or AJ Smith, or the 49ers, then the idea of Telesco's "plan" might make sense. But Telesco has a history of significant misses, and more so misses in rounds -- 3 through 6 -- where you need to score to build your team. Right now, there is no real developing talent on the team, and this draft will likely be the first "in flux" of that type of talent.

Someone compared Telesco to AJ Preller. They are nothing alike. Preller recognized the need to obtain as many lottery tickets as possible and to build a talent base. Then from there, he could spend in free agency or trade that talent base for players. Telesco has failed to draft adequately, has not built up a large number of picks (instead often trading away future picks for ill decided move ups to take a Manti Teo), and has not built a talent base that can yield compensatory picks. Therefore, while I appreciate Popper and others being optimists and discussing building through the draft, over Telesco's eight years as GM, the drafts have proven extremely lacking and I do not see a basis for believing he will suddenly discover some new drafting prowess.
              Last edited by AKFlyFisher; 03-18-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Time to resign SupaMel. He played the market and found out his value is diminished. Time to bring him home on a realistic contract. We have no realistic Edge prospects that can produce more than him next year.
                Fits his play. We have no one that can produce more than his zero from last year? Pass

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                  I was a bit tired yesterday and so I lacked some clarity. I disagree with Popper and most on these forums. Telesco's plan and ideas only work if he can draft players and those players can be developed. The problem with the Chargers has been Telesco's drafts, stated simply. FA becomes a better place to build a team right now because of Telesco's drafting deficiencies. If Telesco could draft like NE, or AJ Smith, or the 49ers, then that might make sense. But Telesco has a history of significant misses, and more so misses in rounds -- 3 through 6 -- where you need to score to build your team. Right now, there is no real developing talent on the team, and this draft will likely be the first "in flux" of that type of talent.

Someone compared Telesco to AJ Preller. They are nothing alike. Preller recognized the need to obtain as many lottery tickets as possible and to build a talent base. Then from there, he could spend in free agency or trade that talent base for players. Telesco has failed to draft adequately, has not built up a large number of picks (instead often trading away future picks for ill decided move ups to take a Manti Teo), and has not built a talent base that can yield compensatory picks. Therefore, while I appreciate Popper and others being optimists and discussing building through the draft, over Telesco's eight years as GM, the drafts have proven extremely lacking and I do not see a basis for believing he will suddenly discover some new drafting prowess.
                  I am not a fan of Telesco. I always look at the bright side, been a fan too long, but I wanted him fired along with Lynn as I wasn't sure who was at fault but I know its not like Telesco is "killing it." Popper in his youtube last night said Telesco values draft picks...

but he has traded away many picks and he has whiffed on many third and fourth rounders or he has overdrafted Sammie Small Schools. You are right - you build your team with those mid round players on cheaper contracts. And he has been below average in the third and fourth round when he makes a pick but how many has he traded away. I count 3 fourth rounders and 1 third rounder. Adding in missing on Mager, Tuerk, Watt, Perry. And the players he traded up for - didn't really pan out that great

Maybe it was more Lynn and McCoy coaching than Telesco drafting but this year - its put up or get the hell out.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Fits his play. We have no one that can produce more than his zero from last year? Pass
                    I would take a chance on Carlos Dunlap, Ryan Kerrigan or Justin Houston before Ingram if signing an older veteran for DE in a Staley scheme. Hell - I would even try Attaouchu again. Ingram looked out of shape last year and slowed down. Easy pass on that guy,. Let some other team have a chance with Ingram

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

After the Chargers signed Feiler, I read some of their board and they didn't understand the signing because the Steelers run game was so bad. But Villanueva, DeCastro and Pouncey all have seen their better days. So maybe it wasn't all Feiler. Maybe there was an overall decline in play.

And another thing - I am glad Telesco didn't do what Keim has done in AZ so far. I guess AZ is where people go to retire. Individually, adding Prater, Watt and Hudson are solid moves . But collectively, adding those three plus three more of the Cocoon gang in AJ Green, Beachum and Alford - not sure that is "going all in with Kyler" the right way. I think its why I am pushing for Adoree - there is a potential there not realized.

There are a lot of DBs out there - you know what you will get, won't break the bank at this point that if the Chargers do not decide on Adoree - they can be very patient.
                      If Wilford Brimley was still around, may he rest in peace, they could stick him on the inside....both ways...ol' school
                      The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
                        Phillip lindsay is now a free agent the broncos took out the tender
                        interesting good rb and will play with angry revenge against the donkeys
                        Hurt often and Ekeler and Jackson are that as well and he isnt very big @ 5'8", 190 lbs. He would be our smallest RB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          They may value what Nwosu can do with Staley vs Bradley scheme, and is already here...plus there is the draft. Bye bye SupaMel...
                          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

Working...
                          X