• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Anybody got the skinny on Nelson? Man vs zone, good tackler, ball skills, etc.?
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Nops but accordong to same Steelers fan who describe AV as washed i need to share he reffers to Nelson as "he is good" ;-)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Think I’d rather have Nelson on a three contract similar to Davis and let Steelers resign Villanueva. Hope Telesco agrees!
        I agree - I think I would rather go with Nelson over Villanueva. At this point in their careers, Nelson is probably the better player.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Think I’d rather have Nelson on a three contract similar to Davis and let Steelers resign Villanueva. Hope Telesco agrees!
          I think TT should snatch them both up, but seems to me, LT should take priority. We currently have 0 LTs, I don't really see anything in FA aside from Villanueva that fits the bill. I think we have a really good chance of getting a starter at LT in the draft, but it is the draft, so it is still a crapshoot even in the 1st/ you don't know what you got until you have it (ex:Tillery), Plus, even if a rookie LT is ready, he could get injured, and then what? Although I said I would have signed Tevi, it would have been as backup , and I think Villanueva would at least be a step up from Tevi. Then there's the possibility that Villanueva could surprise us, with the new scheme / change of scenery, good supporting cast, and a quarterback who doesn't hold the ball way too long... and play very well. If our rookie beats him out, gravy. Or if he could use a little time to develop, we can roll with Villanueva in the meantime. I agree though, that CB needs to be addressed, and from what I've seen so far, looks like Nelson would be a good pickup. If it had to be one or the other, I think I'd go Villanueva, take a LT in the 1st, and double dip at corner in the draft if need be / trade up or down, if something lines up.
          Last edited by Longrobbdiego; 03-23-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Grab both.TT sign the men!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

In today's chat wrap - Popper must be hearing something about Todd Davis as he has mentioned him a couple times and thinks he will be the next FA signed.

Popper also pushing Eric Fisher for OT as a player to be signed. Again, if this year its a minimum deal, highly incentivized - might be a good risk. Popper is still taking OT at 13 no matter what. Though if you do have a healthy player like Eric Fisher that does allow the team to take CB in R1 and OT in R2.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Vastly overpaying him the last 4 years was one of the biggest problems in my opinion
                I don’t think MI was vastly overpaid at all.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U think Ingram pulled a Franklin?
                  Tyrion Lannister No GIF by Game of Thrones

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Either way King was an all pro at the position. You would think they could have accommodated everyone but unfortunately not.
                    He was an all pro in 2018. Had a down year in 2019. And then complained his way out in 2020. It’s not like the team that traded for him was dying to keep him either.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      It’s from 2019 and PFF, so take it with a grain of salt.

7. STEVEN NELSON, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

During the 2019 offseason, Pittsburgh searched for a corner to play opposite Joe Haden and erase the disappointment of Artie Burns. And by signing the former Chiefs cornerback, the Steelers got just what they were looking for.

Steven Nelson has made an immediate impact by quickly adapting to the combination of the Steelers' man- and zone-coverage schemes. While the Steelers have three cornerbacks ranked in PFF’s top 25, Nelson has emerged as the team's highest-graded player at the position. He is tied at 20th among his peers — with teammate Joe Haden — with a forced incompletion rate of 15.2%, and he allowed only 0.86 yards per coverage snap that ranks 17th among the 135 qualifying players at the position.

In press coverage, Nelson displays short-space quickness with long-range speed on deep routes, and his patience at the line of scrimmage allows him to prevent a free release for receivers who want access on downfield routes. He’s earned the league’s seventh–best coverage grade (80.3) while allowing opposing quarterbacks to complete 51.5% of their passes (11th) for a 73.3 passer rating (tied with Marcus Peters for 18th).

Nelson has helped transform the Steelers' secondary from last year’s 18th-ranked coverage unit (75.8) into the third-highest graded group in 2019 (85.8); he proved to be just one of many moves made by the Steelers to help rebuild a new version of their fabled Steel Curtain.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Hmm... sounds pretty good

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

I read that Nelson was top 10 last 3 years in coverage, %catches vs targets, and oppossing passers never passed 83 rating against him....maybe not a big run support guy? Or you would think there would be more buzz...sounds like Casey 2.0...Im interested.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X