• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

If TT could scoop Nelson and Villa would really give us some breathin room this draft.

Comment

• BoltingUP
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Send PM

I'm afraid when it comes to the Steven Nelson's of the world the call goes like this:

TT: Steven we would be thrilled to have you join the Chargers. We are willing to make a significant investment for your services.
      SN: Thanks Tom, you have a great team out there with Herbert and all......
      SN: Don't you guys play home games in front of 80% hostile crowds. I remember you playing the Steelers Renegade song at your home stadium while we were really kicking your butt to begin the 4th quarter. It was a nice tribute to our Steelers fans that dominated the crowd.
      TT: We are opening in a new stadium
      SN: Do you expect it to be filled with Chargers fans?
      TT: [Silence]
      SN: Ill get back to you Tom

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
        I'm afraid when it comes to the Steven Nelson's of the world the call goes like this:

TT: Steven we would be thrilled to have you join the Chargers. We are willing to make a significant investment for your services.
        SN: Don't you guys play home games in front of 80% hostile crowds. I remember you playing the Steelers Renegade song at your home stadium while we were really kicking your butt to begin the 4th quarter. It was a nice tribute to our Steelers fans that dominated the crowd.
        I truly think its about money (and scheme fit if on a one year deal) for a guy like Nelson. Maybe Kyle Fuller wanted to get back with Fangio or maybe they offered $1m more than the Chargers.

The Chargers have the cap space - they really do. And one benefit of having that cap space is the ability to get players week 2 of free agency That doesn't mean the Chargers should sign him just to sign him but he seems to make more sense than Butler or Sherman.

Chargers still can easily get a guy like Nelson and another OL for depth, pre draft. A player like Todd Davis is the vet minimum or close to it - so not that expensive.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He was an all pro in 2018. Had a down year in 2019. And then complained his way out in 2020. It’s not like the team that traded for him was dying to keep him either.
          It's not like we have much after our 2 starters either though.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Why could not we trade MW for OBJ - LT sorted
            Sign that Nelson guy - CB
            Then draft WR in round 1
            xD

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
              Why could not we trade MW for OBJ - LT sorted
              Sign that Nelson guy - CB
              Then draft WR in round 1
              xD
              Well, I am not sure the Ravens are even putting Brown on the trade block. They might want to run out the best team possible this year and let him leave next spring in Free AGency. Also the Ravens would have to want Mike Williams and negotiate a longer term deal. The Chargers would need to negotiate a longer term deal with BRown. And finally, what else would the Chargers have to give up.

I am still on the - keep MW; just draft your OT for the next five years in this draft. There might be better fits for the Chargers OL and scheme than Orlando Brown Jr.

Chargers can still sign Nelson but that doesn't mean CB is still not a need for this team,.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That was when DJ was playing. He got exposed when DJ was out for the year.
                Kng's rookie year was before James came: he looked very good that year.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Kng's rookie year was before James came: he looked very good that year.
                  I’m talking about the 2018 season when both DK and DJ played together. DK’s number were off the charts. Then 2019 happened, DJ was out 11 games and DK stats came crashing down.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Last edited by MagicMamba88; 03-23-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

It's not like we have much after our 2 starters either though.
                      Slot corners are more easily replaceable than boundary corners. We currently have Harris as our nickel. We’ll probably get two more corners through FA and/or draft.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

Hilarious!! I read this an hour ago and it is still funny!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Slot corners are more easily replaceable than boundary corners. We currently have Harris as our nickel. We’ll probably get two more corners through FA and/or draft.
                          A late-round/UDFA nickel who could have an immediate impact on ST is a guy we’ve already been in contact with. Avery Williams. He’s a little smallish at 5’9, but he’s 200 lbs. A lotta good nickels have that kinda frame.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡