• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Personally I like Jamies. He's very experienced and provides positional flexibility which is what we need in backups. You can't have too many rookie offensive lineman on your team at any given year. There's only so many spots on a roster.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
      Personally I like Jamies. He's very experienced and provides positional flexibility which is what we need in backups. You can't have too many rookie offensive lineman on your team at any given year. There's only so many spots on a roster.
      We are only going to carry 8/9 on the 53. 2 rookies is about right.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Someone already posted this in another thread but it bears repeating:

The Athletic surveyed NFL evaluators about how the 2021 draft played out.

Front-office people said they were impressed with the drafts of the Cowboys, Chargers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Ravens, Steelers and Vikings, among others.
        The Chargers were praised for their solid first two picks, offensive tackle Rashawn Slater and cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., as well as wide receiver Josh Palmer. One front-office person said he thinks all three are starters, with Palmer being a No. 2 receiver who runs excellent routes. Their second pick in the third round, Tre’ McKitty, was called “the best blocking tight end in the draft.” One predicted fourth-round pick Chris Rumph II will enhance the team with excellent technique, intelligence, savvy, athleticism and character.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Someone already posted this in another thread but it bears repeating:

Don’t tell crusher, he’ll vehemently disagree with those NFL professionals.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Don’t tell crusher, he’ll vehemently disagree with those NFL professionals.
            Thought draft grades across the board were inflated, for nearly every team. Chargers did A+ finishing the OL rebuild but secondary only a B, could have been crushed but it wasn't, even for zone scheme. Completely missed on safety higher or free agency considering losing Rayshawn Jenkins. Webb may develop but its not a short window, they need a starter now. Don't get their thinking on letting Hunter Henry walk? If the "Y" TE who is all around, complete TE so valuable you have to spend a 3rd rd. pick on a 5th rd. guy, I wish they had just signed Hunter. Can understand Jenkins, because the draft had them but Tom Telesco doesn't move up very often, or down for that matter, just lets the draft come to him,

Overall still stick with a B+ grade as posted day after draft, despite additional information and analysis from the so called NFL professionals and media peeves.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Time will tell on the OL. Love the Slater pick, ... as far as the FA go ...we'll see. Not that they had much other choice. There were too many holes on the roster to just try and fill all OL from the draft.

I like the picks we had, and I think Staley will at least be able to run his schemes. Not every new HC get to do that, many are stuck running a lot of the old coaches stuff, because they don't have the pieces in place yet. The draft added enough people that I think they go out and run the new coaches stuff, at least to the degree it is ever possible. You can never run everything you want to, because all rosters are a work in progress.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

We are only going to carry 8/9 on the 53. 2 rookies is about right.
                  This is why I think the Chargers need to sign a Larry Warford, Austin Reiter (back up C and probably can play OG if need be) or a Dennis Kelly for depth at OT. They could use a bit more experienced depth for the OLine. And I think the number should be 9/10 OL

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This is why I think the Chargers need to sign a Larry Warford, Austin Reiter (back up C and probably can play OG if need be) or a Dennis Kelly for depth at OT. They could use a bit more experienced depth for the OLine. And I think the number should be 9/10 OL
                    Very unlikely we sign another OL player barring injury.
                    Unless the expanded PS/53 active rules carryover from last season 9 is the maximum OL.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Very unlikely we sign another OL player barring injury.
                      Unless the expanded PS/53 active rules carryover from last season 9 is the maximum OL.
                      Why not - its not like Gilliam, Norton, St. Louis or Qberry are not players where the depth cannot be upgraded. I am not talking about spending a lot. The net cap hit would be like a million bucks or less. I mean, there are free agents out there that are better -

Antwaun Woods was released by the Cowboys - not sure if he is a fit - but IDL depth.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Why not - its not like Gilliam, Norton, St. Louis or Qberry are not players where the depth cannot be upgraded. I am not talking about spending a lot. The net cap hit would be like a million bucks or less. I mean, there are free agents out there that are better -

Antwaun Woods was released by the Cowboys - not sure if he is a fit - but IDL depth.

Do you like all the 3rd stringers cut by other teams?

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Do you like all the 3rd stringers cut by other teams?
                          IF they are better than players I see on the roster - yes
                          for the record

Dennis Kelly - starter last year in TN
                          Woods - was a contributor in Dallas last year - they have a new defense
                          Larry Warford was a good player, I think pro bowler before he opted out
                          Austin Reiter was a starter on the KC OLine last year

Not all the players I suggest are third stringers - the comment was 1) uncalled for 2) devoid of fact 3) bull shit
                          have a good day

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡