• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
    Did no one see McKitty setting the edge on Rountree’s 10 and 15 yard runs in the 3rd quarter? That’s what he is going to bring this year, his receiving game is going to come along slower as he has 2 pass catching TEs in front of him.

For me if I’m keeping a 6th WR right now I’m taking Bandy. His short area explosiveness and acceleration separate him from the rest and he looked better as a returner. I’d also be ok going with 5 WR, 4 TE and then giving an extra spot to one of the bubble CBs. Ekeler also provides a force in the passing game so I wouldn’t feel undermanned in the passing game with that set up.
    In the 2nd quarter, McKitty (red) slowed the Seahags defender just enough to spring Rountree for a first down:

mckitty.JPG
    Last edited by Topcat; 08-29-2021, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

With the O-line the Bolts have put on the field for the final two preseason games, I don't see how it's possible to give a fair evaluation to a running back.

I *did* hear a broadcaster say that Joshua Kelley's pass protection has been the best of the group.

Rountree made more plays running behind the same Bean Dip O-line the other RBs took snaps behind. I don't know how he could play noticeably better than anyone else in his position group, and not make the team.

Glad Ekeler didn't have to get the snot beat out of him taking snaps this summer.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

On another nice Rountree run, it was Anderson from the upback position (red) who pancakes his man to help spring Rountree (yellow) for a first down. Props to Jaimes (blue) for another good block:

anderson good block, jaimes.JPG

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Kelley missed the block on the fumble-TD, not good pass protection. Just another reason to cut him.

Still don’t like Daniel but without anybody better keep both him and Stick, for COVID.

Bandy has convinced me, he should be on the team at the expense of [insert fav player who never makes plays here].

Waiver wire swing OT please, Norman and Pip should be gone.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

2021 Draft Class post camp evaluation?

Slater and Asante, so far, seem as good as advertised..maybe better.

Palmer and Jaimes have both been very pleasant surprises...I would feel confident if either on of them had to pull starter duty right now, and figure they will both contribute plenty this year...and if they continue to grow and improve, are both verifiable draft steals.

McKitty and Rumph didn't wow, but I liked what I saw, and am confident they will both, at the least, develop into solid players, and maybe even really good players.

Did any draft pick actually disappoint, or look like they don't belong on an NFL roster at all?

Still got a lot of proofing of the product to do....but so far, this draft class is as promising across the board as any I have seen in a long, long time.
            The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Palmer and Jaimes have both been very pleasant surprises...I would feel confident if either on of them had to pull starter duty right now, and figure they will both contribute plenty this year...and if they continue to grow and improve, are both verifiable draft steals.

McKitty and Rumph didn't wow, but I liked what I saw, and am confident they will both, at the least, develop into solid players, and maybe even really good players.

Did any draft pick actually disappoint, or look like they don't belong on an NFL roster at all?

Still got a lot of proofing of the product to do....but so far, this draft class is as promising across the board as any I have seen in a long, long time.
              Word.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Rumph only played in 2/3 games with limited snaps and still managed 9 tackes,1.5 sacks, 3 TFL, and 3 QB hits, not to mention a bunch of pressures. That’s a ‘wow’ for me.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

We have carried 2 QBs before for years so I wouldn't mind doing that again.
                  ​​​​​​ Why keep 3 if they stink? Just like some OL, got to be a better one we can pickup.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat;n1235011[B
                    ]On another nice Rountree run, it was Anderson from the upback position (red) who pancakes his man to help spring Rountree (yellow) for a first down[/B]. Props to Jaimes (blue) for another good block:

anderson good block, jaimes.JPG
                    If Anderson is taking snaps in the backfield, and as an FB, I'm thinking Nabors might be expendable.

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      We have carried 2 QBs before for years so I wouldn't mind doing that again.
                      ​​​​​​ Why keep 3 if they stink? Just like some OL, got to be a better one we can pickup.
                      I agree but with COVID it might be prudent to keep three. If they keep three do they only keep three RB's then? I think JJ is cut since he is always hurt. I think the IOL backups are serviceable, but the back up tackles are worrisome. Neither K did anything for me either and I believe FG's will be adventure all season again sadly. Maybe they can find a K off someone other teams cuts.

I agree this 21 draft class seems pretty solid from top to bottom. Palmer flashed more then I though he would. McKitty should develope but he was still picked too early.

Overall very happy with the TC since this is the first time in awhile nothing major happen.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Niemann also had a very impressive preseason. Always near the ball, did a great job first 2 games of wrapping guys up and stopping them when he got his hands on them, looked better dropping into coverage than I expected (still a lot of work to do there), and has above average speed at the LB spot. LB is already stacked with Murray, White, and Tranquill but Niemann is a nice piece as the 4th LB and ST piece. Promising future for a 6th rounder.

Webb looked like he was doing a lot of thinking in coverage but when he got going downhill his athleticism really came through and he made some solid plays. 7th rounder so you expect him to need time to develop but definitely doesn’t look like a cut candidate which isn’t always a guarantee for those late picks. Him missing time with injuries during TC probably set him back with the defense but if he can contribute on just ST this year he will be a very good pick.

Also liked the development of some of the backend roster guys and PS guys from last year. Fehoko was generating consistent push, Broughton was also generating some good pressure consistently, Gaziano looked stronger at the point of attack and still showed some solid pass rush potential. Bradwell looked much more decisive this year and ran with more power although he didn’t get a lot of chances after the Rams game. Egbule had a couple plays where he really flashed speed off the edge and a quick first step.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I agree but with COVID it might be prudent to keep three. If they keep three do they only keep three RB's then? I think JJ is cut since he is always hurt. I think the IOL backups are serviceable, but the back up tackles are worrisome. Neither K did anything for me either and I believe FG's will be adventure all season again sadly. Maybe they can find a K off someone other teams cuts.

I agree this 21 draft class seems pretty solid from top to bottom. Palmer flashed more then I though he would. McKitty should develope but he was still picked too early.

Overall very happy with the TC since this is the first time in awhile nothing major happen.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!!
                          I just don't see how Jackson stays on the roster. He isn't available enough.
                          And McKitty is looking more like Virgil Green than Hunter Henry. WAAAAAY over drafted.

Comment

Working...
                          X