Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

OL, Edge, CB, Front 7 and OL
    Rounds 1-4 -

(i get not passing on unique talent but the chargers have big time needs at OL, DL and CB - especially with so many veterans who are going into their last year)
    Yup. No doubt. I would have included OL, but I think by now I’ve firmly cemented myself into the ‘trencher’ camp. A minimum of 2 of our first 5 picks should be OL. And I’m big on drafting Slater or AVT at #13.

I’m not always a trencher, but this year it’d be foolish not to be.

Congrats on your 3000th post btw.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Yup. No doubt. I would have included OL, but I think by now I’ve firmly cemented myself into the ‘trencher’ camp. A minimum of 2 of our first 5 picks should be OL. And I’m big on drafting Slater or AVT at #13.

I'm with u, Dude...OT in round 1 or 2, preferably round 1; IOL in round 3 or 4...maybe even a developmental O-line pick in round 6...and sign a durable, solid FA like Thuney...never missed a game in FIVE YEARS!!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Thanks! Glad I found this board. UT Forum was my "home" for many years. But it has slowed down plus I lost my password so am locked out. Sadly

2 of first 5

3 of 9 overall on OL

and even in the UDFA market - granted, the players need to want to sign with the Bolts but I go a bit heavy there too. More options the better

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Signing JuJu for 17-18 mil a season isnt very appetizing either. Karras much better value in that department.

Where they were drafted dont matter if they establish themselves in the NFL. If that was the case we wouldnt have resigned Ekeler.

I like Perryman but he dont fit the type of LB that Staley says he likes, which is LBs that can run so i doubt we keep him.
          not sure where you get the inflated dollars for JuJu.... when the cap falls from 220 to 180, somebody is gonna have to take a 20 percent cut.... think his number is closer to $13m/year ($40m/3 years) ??

and don't like this defense without Denzel in there.... the other team is still gonna try and run the ball, and.... Denzel is just as good in pass coverage as Drue.
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Karras was a day 3 pick but has performed as an above average OC over the past 3 seasons and he is only going to be 28 this season.
            Ifedi was a first rounder who struggled at OT in Seattle. He was an above average ORG last season and played well at ORT as an injury replacement. He will be only 27.
            Neither dude missing much time over their careers.
            not really debating whether Karras or Ifedi is a good add, just don't like to see guys that were readily available day three or even later day two that we coulda, woulda, shoulda drafted and gotten full value for/from them.... my wish is that we'd hit on some Olineman selections later in the draft.... Green Bay got three quality lineman day three/round six last go 'round.

and jftr, do like Ifedi some, albeit my guys for the IOL are John Miller and Alex Mack in FA, and Josh Myers and Trey Smith in the draft.... hopin'/guessin' we'll get one of each, but wouldn't mind the whole slew of 'em as not sure Lamp and Qberry are who you want to hang your hat on coming into JH10's soph season ??
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Derwin can call a play, it could still be Murray as he being the MLB will be on The field all the time. Green dot is being over emphasized here.
              That is a fucking understatement!.!.!.!
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure where you get the inflated dollars for JuJu.... when the cap falls from 220 to 180, somebody is gonna have to take a 20 percent cut.... think his number is closer to $13m/year ($40m/3 years) ??

and don't like this defense without Denzel in there.... the other team is still gonna try and run the ball, and.... Denzel is just as good in pass coverage as Drue.
                The 2020 Cap was $198 not $220.
                The 2021 Cap is about $183.

JuJu is looking for WR1 money not WR2 money. $17-$22. You want him @ $13? Fat chance.
                He is also a complete PRIMA DONA. NO FUCKING THANK YOU!

Perryman isn’t fast enough and possesses less than average coverage skills.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

His market value is allegedly to be 16-20. Nobody has to take a cut if a team is willing to pay it. Teams that have a lot of space won't be cheap. Someone like Urban Meyer with his inexperience as a NFL HC and GM might want to foolishly spend.
                  I doubt he signs for only 13 when we are talking extending MW for 11-12 mil.

Denzel is good against the run but after listening to Staley, I doubt they resign him. He isn't a LB that can run like Murray. Never know but he don't fit his discription and I initially had us resigning him til I heard that.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Thanks! Glad I found this board. UT Forum was my "home" for many years. But it has slowed down plus I lost my password so am locked out. Sadly

2 of first 5

3 of 9 overall on OL

and even in the UDFA market - granted, the players need to want to sign with the Bolts but I go a bit heavy there too. More options the better
                    I was at the UT forum as well...many years ago. I was Bolt Dude there too, but I think my last post was in like 2006.

My ideal OL situation is signing a C and G in FA (looking at Linsley, Karras, Blythe, Easton, Feiler, Ifedi, Warford). If Slater’s gone, I’m leaning towards AVT in the first then Radunz or Little in the 2nd. AVT plays LG as a rookie then replaces Bulaga at RT in 2022.

2021 OL:
                    Little - AVT - Linsley - Feiler - Bulaga.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The 2020 Cap was $198 not $220.
                      The 2021 Cap is about $183.

JuJu is looking for WR1 money not WR2 money. $17-$22. You want him @ $13? Fat chance.
                      He is also a complete PRIMA DONA. NO FUCKING THANK YOU!
                      I’m with you 100%.
                      Ju Ju’s tiktok dances? Get the hell outta here with that BS.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I’m with you 100%.
                        Ju Ju’s tiktok dances? Get the hell outta here with that BS.
                        I wouldn't want JuJu at either the 220m cap or 198m or 185m. If the Chargers were looking for another WR I would want a guy like Marvin Jones, though he might be too similar to Keenan Allen. Heck - I might Marvin Jones over Mike Williams - dollar wise they are similar per Spotrac.,

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

I wouldn't want JuJu at either the 220m cap or 198m or 185m. If the Chargers were looking for another WR I would want a guy like Marvin Jones, though he might be too similar to Keenan Allen. Heck - I might Marvin Jones over Mike Williams - dollar wise they are similar per Spotrac.,
                          Plus JuJu’s a just possession WR at this point. His top-end speed is gone. We need guys who’ll push the safeties deep and create intermediate spaces for KA, HH, and RB check down options.

Comment

Working...
                          X