• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Nothing specific jumps out to me. Maybe Denver? Only 1 week, game situations will cause week to week variance.
    Yup same here. I agree. It depends on how good the pass rush is.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Like a majority of current network booth guys, Dedes has taken it upon himself to be a superfan cheerleader for BOTH teams.

It gets old, fast. It's a constant stream of gushing superlatives, and the same recycled soundbytes of info: "The former Day One draft pick who's struggled stay healthy! Oh, my this just shows you what he's capable of when he's not in am ambulance!" Yada yada.
      Come on now - he worked in “majestic” when describing one of Herbert’s beautiful passes - how many announcers can do that????

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

You might be right.
        Other than his voice, he brings nothing to the table. Yet, he seems to always be on our broadcasts! Maybe if we become a better team, the network will offer up better announcers?
        Well, he must be cheap as he was the Chargers Pre-season TV play-by-play. Sunday, we have the #1 CBS team, Nantz and Romo as it is the featured game of the week.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
          I've been reviewing some of the analytics, and I found the following interesting:
          1. Herbert's QBR was only 61.1 for this game. By comparison, Tyrod's was 76.2. Herbert's interception and fumble (yes, called fumble, as I don't think it was a fumble) certainly didn't help. But I also look at that as proof that there is room for Herbert to improve some of his reads -- he did have Ekeler wide open and should have gone there a few times -- and improve more. He did spin it well, don't get me wrong, but he can be better.
          2. Slater's PFF grade was 73ish; six points lower than Sewell. At first I scoffed, but then watching the game again, Slater did make some mistakes and areas where he needs to improve. He was aided by Herbert reading and releasing the ball quickly. I also thought this showed me that Sewell -- despite being worked by Nick Bosa -- did well overall and likely remains the best LT prospect from this last draft.
          3. Derwin's PFF grade was 90. Not a surprise.
          Slater's PFF grade was higher than Sewell for pass blocking. It was the 65 run blocking that brought it lower.

Taking a naive average of the 2 for the composite grade seems rather dumb.

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

You might be right.
            Other than his voice, he brings nothing to the table. Yet, he seems to always be on our broadcasts! Maybe if we become a better team, the network will offer up better announcers?
            Winning fixes everything.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I've been reviewing some of the analytics, and I found the following interesting:
              1. Herbert's QBR was only 61.1 for this game. By comparison, Tyrod's was 76.2. Herbert's interception and fumble (yes, called fumble, as I don't think it was a fumble) certainly didn't help. But I also look at that as proof that there is room for Herbert to improve some of his reads -- he did have Ekeler wide open and should have gone there a few times -- and improve more. He did spin it well, don't get me wrong, but he can be better.
              2. Slater's PFF grade was 73ish; six points lower than Sewell. At first I scoffed, but then watching the game again, Slater did make some mistakes and areas where he needs to improve. He was aided by Herbert reading and releasing the ball quickly. I also thought this showed me that Sewell -- despite being worked by Nick Bosa -- did well overall and likely remains the best LT prospect from this last draft.
              Good stuff.
              Excellent start against a quality opponent with a top 5-10 D.
              Room for improvement that will come incrementally as the season progresses.

Dallas is the anti-WFT. Strong offense and suspect D.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Make of it how?
                The direction we could be going offensively. We utilized play action more in the opener but that was with Tyrod Taylor. Just an interesting albeit small sample size.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The second highest graded lineman last week was GB OT. This was a team that couldn't run the ball, protect the quarterback.... They pretty much couldn't get anything right. I think PFF has its uses, but I think they absolutely suck at grading offensive and defensive line. Our Center graded out in the 50s.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

1. Herbert's QBR is affected by the INT of course but also the blundered Fumble/touchback call on him too.

3. Derwin shut down anything happening within his vicinity.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Derwin!

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dak versus Derwin is gonna be amazing.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

The second highest graded lineman last week was GB OT. This was a team that couldn't run the ball, protect the quarterback.... They pretty much couldn't get anything right. I think PFF has its uses, but I think they absolutely suck at grading offensive and defensive line. Our Center graded out in the 50s.
                          Yeah they're good with QBs, WRs, man CBs, edge rushers, safeties, and OTs in isolated pass pro. Their ratings of IOL, run blocking, IDL run defense, and ILBs tends to be very, very strange and inconsistent at best.

Comment

Working...
                          X