• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
    I've been reviewing some of the analytics, and I found the following interesting:
    1. Herbert's QBR was only 61.1 for this game. By comparison, Tyrod's was 76.2. Herbert's interception and fumble (yes, called fumble, as I don't think it was a fumble) certainly didn't help. But I also look at that as proof that there is room for Herbert to improve some of his reads -- he did have Ekeler wide open and should have gone there a few times -- and improve more. He did spin it well, don't get me wrong, but he can be better.
    2. Slater's PFF grade was 73ish; six points lower than Sewell. At first I scoffed, but then watching the game again, Slater did make some mistakes and areas where he needs to improve. He was aided by Herbert reading and releasing the ball quickly. I also thought this showed me that Sewell -- despite being worked by Nick Bosa -- did well overall and likely remains the best LT prospect from this last draft.
    3. Derwin's PFF grade was 90. Not a surprise.
    Herbie’s INT was on him. But most of the remaining QBR subtractions were a phantom fumble and receiver drops that had nothing to do with his play. Very few bad passes, Any player can improve but I’ll take the exact same Herbie every Sunday
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbie’s INT was on him. But most of the remaining QBR subtractions were a phantom fumble and receiver drops that had nothing to do with his play. Very few bad passes, Any player can improve but I’ll take the exact same Herbie every Sunday
      Yeah, agree. Unfortunately Herbo’s INT was on him. He had Ekeler wide open on the flat and got a little greedy. Tried to squeeze it into coverage to Anderson and got burned. Gotta remember that Herb’s still a 2nd year guy (just 23!), even though he seems like a vet.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        L

Lots of the old timers i liked: Pat Sumerall, Hank Stram, Curt Gowdy....
        Waaaay better than today's crop.

They gushed and promo'd far less than practically every announcer today.

IMO, Jim Nance embodies everything wrong with how play-by-play is done now.

Won't shut up. Repeats himself. Constant hyperbole. Cheers for both teams endlessly. And-- most embarrassing of all-- creates imaginary dialog.

"Oh, Bonzo tackles him short of the first down! 'Not in MY house!', he says!" Super cheesy.
        Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 09-15-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The INT Justin threw is a bit baffling, unless he was expecting Anderson to be in a different place. Justin threw it right to the defender, very JH-unlike. But maybe that is where he was expecting Anderson to be.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            The INT Justin threw is a bit baffling, unless he was expecting Anderson to be in a different place. Justin threw it right to the defender, very JH-unlike. But maybe that is where he was expecting Anderson to be.
            It was a 'read' play, but Anderson and J-Herbo didn't read the same thing. I heard that more experienced receivers would have read it the way Justin read it.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

It was a 'read' play, but Anderson and J-Herbo didn't read the same thing. I heard that more experienced receivers would have read it the way Justin read it.
              Yup and it looked like JH was leading him but Anderson slowed down a little bit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herberts INT was on him. And yes there are other options. But I know 13 just took himself out - not sure 82 should have been the option on that play. JH has to learn who he is throwing it too - knowing who the best option is for each play.

I am not sure I know a play where 82 is option 1

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

It was also reported that the defender baited Herbie into the throw, then jumped the route...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

OMG... Quite Frankly. I haven't seen a post of yours in probably 10+ years, over at the UT

Glad you've survived!
                    Yeah I have been around....I wanted to stay active at the Tribune forum...but somehow my profile/login got messed up and no matter how many times I contacted support nobody ever got back to me to fix it..that was the problem with that site....always technical issues.....anyway hello!...this looks like a good forum...Go Bolts!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Not baffling, really...just wasnt as god-like as most of his other throws that game...receiver had position, ball just floated a little high and away...
                      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                      23. A. Mitchell WR
                      37. K. Jenkins DT
                      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It was also reported that the defender baited Herbie into the throw, then jumped the route...
                        Thats BS....just an off throw...when you jump a route, you are cutting between the QB and his receiver...this guy was behind receiver, and benifited from a slight overthrow.
                        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                        23. A. Mitchell WR
                        37. K. Jenkins DT
                        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

If I remember correctly Jackson was actually in man coverage on the WR going over the top but he broke off when the receiver got into the safeties zone and came down to Anderson. Throw was off by Herbo and Jackson was coming back towards the ball and made a play on it. Still on JH but a good play by Jackson too.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍