• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Its hard for me to believe that since the center was distracted by Murray, he couldn't rush out and help Cosmi on Bosa.
    Centers generally stay somewhere in the middle; crossing behind the right guard is risky.
    Bosa did get a lot of one on ones, which was something he rarely got under Bradley.
    Why didn't the WFT tight ends and backs help out? Probably had to do with what Staley was doing, but what was it?

Washington would have scored a td on their final drive if Bradley was the coordinator;
    Herbert and the offense would have had to scramble for a field goal with under 3 minutes.

Money Badger would have drilled it.:rimshot:

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
      LLand LLord.jpgI think its just like llama but with ff's instead.
      Reminds me of an old "Family Ties" when Mallory was dating a guy named Lloyd, and he pronounced both L's. And Michael J Fox called him a l-loser.

I'm gonna call him F-french.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Its hard for me to believe that since the center was distracted by Murray, he couldn't rush out and help Cosmi on Bosa.
        Centers generally stay somewhere in the middle; crossing behind the right guard is risky.
        Bosa did get a lot of one on ones, which was something he rarely got under Bradley.
        Why didn't the WFT tight ends and backs help out? Probably had to do with what Staley was doing, but what was it?

Washington would have scored a td on their final drive if Bradley was the coordinator;
        Herbert and the offense would have had to scramble for a field goal with under 3 minutes.

It affects the line calls. They were (and everyone we play) usually trying to shift the C to the right to double on on DT. This means that if Bosa runs a counter or inside move, the RG can come off the block to help cover the inside. If the RT knows he has inside help, he can be more agressive in his set.

Preventing the line shift put Cosmi on an island.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

It isn't all that new, aside from the formation difference in Staley's scheme. Murray has done what he did under Bradley last year.

Bosa hasn't had good pass rushing DTs to play along with. Something he needs. Then it'll make it harder for teams to double team Joey.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Quite possibly yes as we have had the defense fold late in many games but the biggest thing that would of happened even more certain is Lynn calling three straight running plays and not try and get a first down to allow Gus' defense to fail.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Nice about Staley’s D so far, it wins us the game.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats interesting.

Now give me an explanation for the spelling of Pfizer and Pfiefer and the like lol.
                  I’d assume it’s partially for the same reason. No capital f.

The P was added before the f because the P could be capitalized, but also because the F sounds derives from the Greek letter “phi”, which has a more aspirated P sound followed by the F sound.

Before anyone asks, I’ve always loved linguistics and etymology and I took Ancient Greek as my language requirement in grad school. Done me heaps of good, I tell ya.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Popper’s breakdown of Slater’s first game. Reading it again and you understand why the coaching staff want Feiler to stay at LG. There’s a good connection between Slater and Feiler.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

It affects the line calls. They were (and everyone we play) usually trying to shift the C to the right to double on on DT. This means that if Bosa runs a counter or inside move, the RG can come off the block to help cover the inside. If the RT knows he has inside help, he can be more agressive in his set.

Preventing the line shift put Cosmi on an island.
                        Thank you, that's what i was thinking Baldy meant.

You could use the DT has a blocker, with the primary responsibility of keeping the guard off Bosa, no?
                        Or you could have the center occupied by the other DT, who you place over center or in the A gap.

Lots of options Bradley could have explored, since he rarely sent the inside linebacker on a blitz.
                        Didn't even bother feigning the blitz because the inside linebacker had to race back and cover
                        4.3 40 receivers on deep posts.

Last edited by powderblueboy; 09-16-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          That is a huge gap of .14 between Joey and 2nd best Highsmith.

Jaelan Phillips impressive for the rookie.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X