• Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Here’s the way I see the matchups:

We’ll handle Waller much the same as Kelce—with Vato and James. We need to hit him at the LOS and not give him free releases.

When Vato’s not on Waller, he’ll be on Edwards.

ASJ will matchup with Ruggs on the outside. It’s a good matchup because ASJ is inexperienced and Ruggs is unpolished.

If CHJ plays, he’ll handle Renfrow from the slot. Renfrow isn’t a burner, but he’s a crafty, sly devil, which is a perfect matchup for CHJ, who’s seen it all.

Justin Jones and the ILBs will need to bring their lunch pails because Jacobs will play.

Norton vs Crosby is critical. Look for chips from TEs and RBs.

Look for us running vertical routes from the slot.

If Hayward is one on one, look for vertical routes and comebacks.

I see another big day from Dub.

Bosa will beat Leatherwood like a rented mule carrying a redheaded step child. The Raiders will need to chip.
    I agree with most of what you said. But no way in hell do I have ASJ on Ruggs. We have two speedsters with length to utilize against the tight end and Ruggs. Braylon Edwards is a much better match up for Asante. Renfro gets covered by whoever is playing the slot

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

They are people.That comes with a lot of baggage.
      Slater & Samuel had pro athlete dads who coached them as kids, may have helped get them on track.
      ASJ had an absentee dad. That is all genetics and admiration it doesn't have much to do with his father teaching him at all

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Some prospects hit the ground running but most will go through adjustments in the NFL.
        K9 is in his 3rd defensive system in 3 years. He is thinking too much and it’s really affecting his aggressiveness, situational roles, and his run fits.
        There are not many athletes who are 6’2-1/2s’’ / 246# / 33’’ AL / explosive, fast, physical, high IQ, huge motor, off field grinder that come along.
        I had K9 as the #9 Overall prospect and #2 OBLB. I think we got major value but he’ll have to prove it on the field. He’s only 19 games in to his career so chances are he’ll be an outstanding player. K9 did set the all-time Bolt record for TKLs as a rookie. Better than Seau so must be something to work with.
        I agree,... and also agree that some just pick things up easier or just go out and do it instead of thinking. Tranquill seems to be better right now than Murray in this defense though we know his cieling isnt as high as Murrays is.

Murray really came on late last year in his last 4 games but with a year in the NFL under his belt, hopefully it wont take that long this year.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Will we see Square and Philon too ?
          It feels like we're playing our B Team.

Why wouldn't we win this one going away?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I agree with most of what you said. But no way in hell do I have ASJ on Ruggs. We have two speedsters with length to utilize against the tight end and Ruggs. Braylon Edwards is a much better match up for Asante. Renfro gets covered by whoever is playing the slot
            Then we’ll disagree like gentlemen.

Size-wise, skill-wise, and experience-wise, ASJ is the best matchup for Ruggs. Yes, Ruggs is a bit faster on the track, maybe the combine turf, too. But football speed is different from straight-line speed.

I do not see Ruggs burning ASJ if that’s your concern.

On the other hand, I will cringe if CHJ covers Ruggs. Speed will matter then. If CHJ ran a 40 today, I’d guess 4.65
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Then we’ll disagree like gentlemen.

Size-wise, skill-wise, and experience-wise, ASJ is the best matchup for Ruggs. Yes, Ruggs is a bit faster on the track, maybe the combine turf, too. But football speed is different from straight-line speed.

I do not see Ruggs burning ASJ if that’s your concern.

On the other hand, I will cringe if CHJ covers Ruggs. Speed will matter then. If CHJ ran a 40 today, I’d guess 4.65
              CHJ? Yeah that's not who I want covering them either. I honestly think we need to have both Michael Davis and Campbell on the field vs this particular offense. Yes I think Ruggs speed is absolutely elite, and I'm not knocking Asante at all, I don't think many can run with him . I am very aware of track speed and football speed, Ruggs can outright fly anytime and anywhere.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Some prospects hit the ground running but most will go through adjustments in the NFL.
                K9 is in his 3rd defensive system in 3 years. He is thinking too much and it’s really affecting his aggressiveness, situational roles, and his run fits.
                There are not many athletes who are 6’2-1/2s’’ / 246# / 33’’ AL / explosive, fast, physical, high IQ, huge motor, off field grinder that come along.
                I had K9 as the #9 Overall prospect and #2 OBLB. I think we got major value but he’ll have to prove it on the field. He’s only 19 games in to his career so chances are he’ll be an outstanding player. K9 did set the all-time Bolt record for TKLs as a rookie. Better than Seau so must be something to work with.
                Don’t think I’ve seen K9 lined up on the front @ edge, but we all saw what Micah did to Norton, could Chargers try him on edge in similar fashion?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

CHJ? Yeah that's not who I want covering them either. I honestly think we need to have both Michael Davis and Campbell on the field vs this particular offense. Yes I think Ruggs speed is absolutely elite, and I'm not knocking Asante at all, I don't think many can run with him . I am very aware of track speed and football speed, Ruggs can outright fly anytime and anywhere.
                  The reason I’m interested in CHJ seeing the field is strictly because of Renfrow, aka 3rd and Renfrow, who’s most effective from the slot.

Renfrow is not a burner, but he’s slicker than a lube salesman. Short 4-6 yard routes on crucial downs is his bread and butter. He knows the subtle tricks of route running. But cheap tricks don’t work so well on savvy vets like CHJ, a guy with the experience to have seen every slot trick in the book.

But honestly, I don’t wanna see CHJ matchup with anyone else on the Raiders roster.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

CHJr's ability to play safety allows James to move around more. He could have 50%+ of his snaps at safety.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

ASJ had an absentee dad. That is all genetics and admiration it doesn't have much to do with his father teaching him at all
                      I thought of LT. Obviously genetics play a role but his Mom was his role model and inspiration.
                      Folks is folks.
                      One of the things I like most about sports is the work ethic and reinforcement of doing the right thing. Successful stay at home pro dads point out that path early on but it,s FAR from being the only way. One of Merriman's coaches basically adopted him.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Somewhere Troy Polamalu's dad is drunk at a bar desperately trying to take partial credit for his son's achievements.
                        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Don’t think I’ve seen K9 lined up on the front @ edge, but we all saw what Micah did to Norton, could Chargers try him on edge in similar fashion?
                          I think the Gus experience set Murray back almost a year and he’s playing like a rookie right now. A bit slow to react and process. Tranq is balling, he’s earned the right to see more snaps imo.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡