• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

and - Tbilly still only has one catch for six yards.
    I guess Urban Meyer doesn't know how to use T-Billy...

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I guess Urban Meyer doesn't know how to use T-Billy...
      He’s too busy grinding week in and week out

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lynn had "Maserati Mike" these past few years...instead of setting Williams free on the speedway, he had him running errands to the grocery store...
        The other bad part about how Williams was used is that he kept getting injured selling out to make impossible catches. And those were largely his only targets.
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Interesting stat regarding drops. Our offense is still bearding despite some minor issues.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

KA is not the same KA. he pulled it together for a big 4th Q last week but the first 3 quarters were decidedly un-Allen. Similar prior weeks, not that he is bad - hes just not his usual other-worldly. Wonder if something’s nagging at him or just not feeling the groove yet.

I want more Parham in my diet, he’s growing into the stud we saw flashes of and he’s not the glaring liability on the line he used to be. Two TE sets with Cook and Parham opens up a pretty wide and unpredictable playbook imo.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              KA is not the same KA. he pulled it together for a big 4th Q last week but the first 3 quarters were decidedly un-Allen. Similar prior weeks, not that he is bad - hes just not his usual other-worldly. Wonder if something’s nagging at him or just not feeling the groove yet.

I want more Parham in my diet, he’s growing into the stud we saw flashes of and he’s not the glaring liability on the line he used to be. Two TE sets with Cook and Parham opens up a pretty wide and unpredictable playbook imo.
              Could be age. Or simply learning to adjust to the offense. Or both?

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Parham = massive hands. I love it.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Geez, im not worried about Keenan Allen one bit
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-17-2021, 07:52 AM.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Geez, in not worried about Keenan Allen one bit
                    He’s made some great KA plays but he’s also had some uncharacteristic drops. I’m wondering if all the balls going to MW has cause him to lose a little focus?

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Interesting stat regarding drops. Our offense is still bearding despite some minor issues.

So the Chargers are tied with Pittsburgh for the most drops: 12 in five games, over two per game.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...rent-this-time

Los Angeles Times: Return of Michael Schofield III to the Chargers feels different this time

By Jeff Miller
                        Staff Writer
                        Oct. 16, 2021
                        7:15 AM PT

He hasn’t been here long — not during this second stint with the Chargers, at least — so Michael Schofield III understandably was stunned.

Last weekend against Cleveland, Justin Herbert scrambled to his right and unleashed a pass seemingly toward nowhere.

“It was one of those, ‘Wait, don’t throw that! No, wait. Yes, throw that!’ ” Schofield recalled, laughing. “That was crazy.”

Herbert somehow found Keenan Allen down the sideline with absurd precision, Allen punctuating the completion with expert timing that saw him land both feet barely inbounds.

The improvised 37-yard gain converted a third and five late in the fourth quarter as the Chargers scored two touchdowns in the final 3:15 for a 47-42 victory.

“That was one of the greatest throws I’ve ever seen,” Schofield said. “It was incredible.”

Indeed, of Herbert’s 535 career completions, that one might have been the best yet.

The fact that Schofield was on the field to witness it is rather incredible, as well. He was an offensive lineman without an offense just a few weeks ago, the Chargers signing the free-agent veteran just in case.

When right guard Oday Aboushi went down because of a knee injury early against the Browns, just-in-case became reality. Schofield was thrust into the game and now, with Aboushi out for the rest of the season, is the starter.

This sort of sudden, off-script participation is a time-honored NFL tradition, one good teams almost always must follow if they are going to realize their potential.

The Chargers most recently made the playoffs in 2018. That team received unexpected contributions from Sam Tevi, Trent Scott and Isaac Rochell — support players forced into starting positions.

If the 2021 Chargers are going to become something memorable — and there might not be a team in the NFL right now generating more belief — Schofield won’t be the only bolt, so to speak, from nowhere.

“I think that we keep proving to ourselves and to everybody that we can come from behind and pull off those close wins,” edge rusher Joey Bosa said. “After missing the [extra-point attempt against Cleveland], I went, ‘Oh, God, here we go. This is an old Chargers move right there.’

“But, no, we’re able to come together. The defense made a great stop when we needed to. That offensive operation right now, they wouldn’t be denied. It definitely gives us a lot of confidence.”

Bosa was referring to kicker Tristan Vizcaino’s miss with slightly more than three minutes left. Instead of tying the score 42-42, the Chargers still trailed by a point after the errant try.

The defense responded by holding the Browns to a three and out, allowing Herbert and the offense to produce the winning touchdown.

“I think it’s always stressful a little bit …” offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi said. “There’s less stress when you know your guys are playing well, when you feel that they’re in a rhythm, when the quarterback’s finding the right throws and guys are getting open.

“You can sometimes feel that momentum. Whether it’s real or not, you believe in it. It makes it a little bit less stressful because you feel like, ‘Man, we’re gonna score if we get the ball.’ ”

Schofield was the starting right guard on the 2018 Chargers playoff team. He appeared in 47 games for the franchise in 2017-19 before departing for Carolina via free agency. He said he was reminded of something last weekend while coming off the field at SoFi Stadium, a reality as dramatic as the comeback win his team had just put together.

“In like ’17, the year we barely missed the playoffs, that’s a game we lose,” Schofield said. “We would have found a way to lose that game. This year, we found a way to win it. That’s what’s going to make this year special.”

On Sunday, Schofield will start for the Chargers for the first time since December 2019. The assignment will come against Baltimore, the team that waived Schofield just seven weeks ago.

He had signed with the Ravens as a free agent in June but failed to make their roster. Two and a half weeks later, Schofield returned to the Chargers.

“Amazing how these things work out, huh?” he said.

He’s right. The NFL does have a way of creating wild, incredible connections.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He’s made some great KA plays but he’s also had some uncharacteristic drops. I’m wondering if all the balls going to MW has cause him to lose a little focus?
                          Might be sore, a couple times he was slow to get up. I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Might be the DBs we've played against. His target / catch ratio over 5 games is 64% - what he had in 2017 season. 2020 was 68%. I seriously doubt that MW's target numbers bother him.

Comment

Working...
                          X