• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Everyone giving Tevaughn Campbell the Jerry Tillery and Trey Pipkins treatment... Waiting For Godot. Sometimes, they just don't get better.
    Brandon Staley-type CB's don't grow on trees. Got us a really good one in last year's draft... also brought in a scheme fitting veteran FA for 2 years/$17 million.
    CB is high on my list.
    "Waiting for Godot"...excellent literary reference there, Nut...yes, we can wait forever on some of these dudes, but the truth is some of them NEVER get better...I say, sign or draft an upgrade and send dudes like Campbell to the PS...give them the Vizzy treatment...if they up their game, fine, being 'em back if the starter gets hurt or doesn't produce...don't want to spend the rest of this season and next season like, ahem, a "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof!!!" Or even worse, like "On the Waterfront!" ("I coulda been a contendah...")

brando.jpg
    Last edited by Topcat; 11-22-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Forrest Merrill vs Kendrick Green #Bullrush

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Forrest Merrill vs Kendrick Green #Bullrush
        I'd like to see more of Fireplug Forrest...dude is so strong...I posted a vid several weeks ago about him deadlifting a minivan...

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Saw that...when u give Fireplug Forrest a chance to catch his breath, and use him in the rotation, he can give u some nice, disruptive penetration...
          He' good for a quick 2-minute spurt.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I suspect Campbell will be really good in the long run. But. I hate the growing pains.
            Campbell is 28 years old. He played in the CFL for four seasons. I honestly think right now is the best he's going to get. I may be wrong, I frequently am. But I suspect this season is going to be Campbell's swan song as a Charger.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Campbell is 28 years old. He played in the CFL for four seasons. I honestly think right now is the best he's going to get. I may be wrong, I frequently am. But I suspect this season is going to be Campbell's swan song as a Charger.
              Campbell was our secret weapon against Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill. I'm thrilled how well he has played in spot duty. But he had a terrible Viking game, and took another bad angle last night in the Steeler game. I love his game but he's not a starter. One more things about that Viking game, Jefferson tied Randy Moss team record for career 100 yard games this past Sunday. You are talking about a Hall of Fame start from production standpoint on Jefferson.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Campbell was our secret weapon against Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill. I'm thrilled how well he has played in spot duty. But he had a terrible Viking game, and took another bad angle last night in the Steeler game. I love his game but he's not a starter. One more things about that Viking game, Jefferson tied Randy Moss team record for career 100 yard games this past Sunday. You are talking about a Hall of Fame start from production standpoint on Jefferson.
                Campbell also forced two fumbles in on game, who was that against, I can't remember? He's tough, but he may be a liability in coverage.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Wait a minute...this is the Chargers we're talking about here...if he's serviceable he can be back-up. We're putting him on #1 receivers and expecting miracles. Yeash!

:Cheers1:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Campbell also forced two fumbles in on game, who was that against, I can't remember? He's tough, but he may be a liability in coverage.
                    K.C. And Vato recovered both.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Palmer has passed Guyton in receptions this year.
                      :stirringshit:

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Palmer has passed Guyton in receptions this year.
                        :stirringshit:
                        Not sure that’s stirring anything, Palmer’s playing style seems to better fit what Staley/Lombardi want to do. Except they keep playing Guyton more. Not sure what’s up with that.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Black Friday sale for The Athletic if anyone’s interested. It should be $1 a month deal for 12 months. I enjoy Popper but there’s other great writers on there too. Dane Brugler is a great draft guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X