• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    I am having trouble feeling too confident about the Chargers at this point in he season. A very pedestrian Steelers offense looked anything but that against the Chargers defense. The Chargers offense has been very up-down this season, along with ST play. I very much want to believe in this team, but they are so difficult to figure out week to week. I know it’s still a win, but I came away even more confused from the Steelers. The Steelers also had very significant number of injuries as well.
    We were cruising to a win until special teams got special. Blocked LAC punt. Pit 1 & G on 3 = TD
    We exchanged TDs.
    Heyward tipped a pass- int- Pit 1 & G on 6 = TD
    LAC 4 & out.
    Pit 1 on LAC 34 = FG
    LAC TD
    2 sacks and a bad pass + Game over.
    Our special teams helped them get back in it and give Pit some credit, they have some good players & coach.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Definitely agree with Jim.
      We all know our D isn't great but half of Pittsburgh's point can be attributed to short fields provided them by our O and Teams.
      Without eithers miscues, we win going away.
      Same for New England game- O doesn't give them pick 6, we win. And with Dallas- our O shows up at all that day, we win.
      Our offense is laden with stars- they're SUPPOSED to be the reason we WIN games, not lose them.
      That said, D's mistakes(poor tackling, bad gap assignments) are coachable.
      O gets up to speed, and D solidifies the basics, we should/ could be a very good team going into the post season.
      Teams.....not worth talking about....ugh....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Good post UK.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We were cruising to a win until special teams got special. Blocked LAC punt. Pit 1 & G on 3 = TD
          We exchanged TDs.
          Heyward tipped a pass- int- Pit 1 & G on 6 = TD
          LAC 4 & out.
          Pit 1 on LAC 34 = FG
          LAC TD
          2 sacks and a bad pass + Game over.
          Our special teams helped them get back in it and give Pit some credit, they have some good players & coach.
          Pittsburgh for 17 of those fourth quarter points on short fields
          block punt
          tipped pass
          turnover on downs.

Defense did a pretty good job for the most part

If the defense, especially the young DTs like Fehoko, Gaziano, Merrill - play another solid game - I think the Chargers defense will slow down the Broncos offense

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Now that we won, I can laugh at how high that pass doinked off of Hayward's helmet. Herbert can throw a very heavy ball and it showed. It had to be in the air for over 3 seconds.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              Now that we won, I can laugh at how high that pass doinked off of Hayward's helmet. Herbert can throw a very heavy ball and it showed. It had to be in the air for over 3 seconds.
              Definitely longer than our OL can protect JH :biggrin: hopefully it becomes a point of emphasis the play is not over until the ball hits the ground. O need to look for the ball when tipped.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Everybody was looking around but nobody looked up. I remember Slater looking side to side like WTF?????

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  Definitely agree with Jim.
                  We all know our D isn't great but half of Pittsburgh's point can be attributed to short fields provided them by our O and Teams.
                  Without eithers miscues, we win going away.
                  Same for New England game- O doesn't give them pick 6, we win. And with Dallas- our O shows up at all that day, we win.
                  Our offense is laden with stars- they're SUPPOSED to be the reason we WIN games, not lose them.
                  That said, D's mistakes(poor tackling, bad gap assignments) are coachable.
                  O gets up to speed, and D solidifies the basics, we should/ could be a very good team going into the post season.
                  Teams.....not worth talking about....ugh....
                  There are short fields and then there are miniature fields in the 4rth quarter when you are short on defense.
                  A lot of talk about how decimated the Steeler's D was; their offense was fine and the Chargers were missing DTs, K9 (at least another body), and maybe their best corner.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

More mention needs to be made of rb and running the football more effectively next year, given the problems the Bills are currently facing.

Maybe, players there are banged up and at reduced capacity.

Maybe, Daboll can play head games with them to get them to produce.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

There are short fields and then there are miniature fields in the 4rth quarter when you are short on defense.
                      A lot of talk about how decimated the Steeler's D was; their offense was fine and the Chargers were missing DTs, K9 (at least another body), and maybe their best corner.
                      K9 played
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I hear ya. The vaunted Lions defense held them to 16 points and they score 37 points on us. Just the Chargers being the Chargers, I guess. The fact that we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat gives me hope. Think we will reap some reward later in the year in giving the backup DL guys some game-time experience. Going to need a lot of rotations come playoff time.
                        I didn’t see the Lions game, how many times did they gift the Steelers the ball at their own 2 yard line? Every game is different, simpleton comparisons like this are usually non-value.
                        Steelers were 5-3-1 in 2nd place coming in to the game, and the Chargers won and that’s that.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s definitely underrated on here.
                          What Charger isn’t underrated on here? I guess Eke, maybe Joey? Anyone else? Our QB gets more criticism than love. KA is no longer underrated mainly because he’s no long playing like the KA of yore.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X