Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That was a thing of beauty.

I just want to point out that Adderly has been playing great this season. I know he has had some mistakes, but in terms of growth he has been I think, what we all thought he was going to be when he was drafted. He has not been the ball hawk, but his run support has been lightyears above what I thought it would be. He has also made a lot of great timed pass defense plays. Overall, it has been a very good season for him.
    He has show solid growth in what is effectively his second season. Can’t forget he came out of an almost-JuCo level of play in Delaware. Huge jump in class
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Keenan Allen's 2 TD catches Sunday gives him 4 for the season, and 46 for his career. He has surpassed Kellen Winslow (45) to move into 5th most TD catches in franchise history. His next TD catch will tie him with Charlie Joiner for 4th. I expect Allen will pass Joiner this season to claim the No. 4 spot for himself alone. After Joiner, only Gary Garrison (58), Lance Alworth (81) and Antonio Gates (116) are ahead of him. Allen is already 2nd all time in receptions, with 710, trailing only Gates, who had 955. KA is 4th in receiving yardage with 8,326 yds, having already surpassed Garrison. Joiner, Alworth and Gates are still ahead of him. KA is leading the Chargers in receptions (86) yardage (929), and is on pace for 121 catches for +1,300 yds this season. But he needs almost 900 yds to catch Joiner in yardage, which isn't going to happen this season. His 86 receptions this season are tied for 2nd most in the league this season with two others. His 929 yds is currently 8th most.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I don't put a lot of stock into those career stats. All kinds of things affect them - like how many years a guy plays, how much passing the team was doing when he was playing, did he have a good QB throwing it to him? When you think about it, it's remarkable that both Garrison and Alworth are high on the list since they played at the same time. Gilman's offense shared the ball very well.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Gates. 116 TDs. Unbelievable.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I want to see it more often, please !
            When you blitz both safeties, better hope one of them gets to the QB before he gets a pass off because it usually means a TD or big gain given up.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

When you blitz both safeties, better hope one of them gets to the QB before he gets a pass off because it usually means a TD or big gain given up.
              If done correctly, the safeties, at least one of them, gets to the QB so fast that if he does throw a pass, it is usually a short dump-off that the LB's should be able to handle...I like that safety blitz...keeps the QB rattled and on his toes, so as soon as he feels pressure in successive downs, he is more apt to throw the rock away or turtle up for the sack...

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If done correctly, the safeties, at least one of them, gets to the QB so fast that if he does throw a pass, it is usually a short dump-off that the LB's should be able to handle...I like that safety blitz...keeps the QB rattled and on his toes, so as soon as he feels pressure in successive downs, he is more apt to throw the rock away or turtle up for the sack...
                It's like going for it on fourth down - great when you make it but bad when you don't. Double safety blitz can win big or lose big. It needs to be a complete surprise, meaning you should use it sparingly.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He has show solid growth in what is effectively his second season. Can’t forget he came out of an almost-JuCo level of play in Delaware. Huge jump in class
                  I like his attitude. He has no fear tackling RB or TE twice his size

Comment

• joebarnin
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    When the last time Chargers have turned it over 3 times and still won 41-22
                    Last time they had 3 turnovers and won was 2014 vs the 49ers.

Last time they had 3 turnovers and won big (by at least 19) was 2010 vs the Jags (38-13). Jags turned it over 6 times.

(I love my stathead subscription)

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

We’re exactly in the middle right now. Or possibly frisky lol.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        We’re exactly in the middle right now. Or possibly frisky lol.
                        Take KC and Buffalo out of the top tier and move them to the 2nd tier. Move the Cardinals and Patriots to the top tier. The Chargers are right where they should be. LOL @ Broncos and Raiders fans "not happening this year" is right.

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          When you think about it, it's remarkable that both Garrison and Alworth are high on the list since they played at the same time. Gilman's offense shared the ball very well.
                          Must have been a wonderful time to be a Charger fan!

Comment

Working...
                          X