• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The kind of talented perpetually miscontented player the Chargers could have used, but one Staley and Telesco won't ever let near their locker room.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
      As you know, Baby Spanos used to be head of scouting which is why many of us still think he exerts too much influence on picks.

If you examine track records, Baby Spanos didn’t earn any positions he’s held based on merit.

Over the past two decades, the more the Spanii inserted themselves into running the organization the more the team failed.

Perhaps that will change with Staley and he can influence personnel decisions beyond his HC responsibilities.
      You’re just guessing. 100% - you’re guessing. Literally zero evidence from you that Baby Spanos overruled a single pick in 20 years? May of us think … thats called gossip.

Come back when you have something factual
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe you havent. But its been implied and some have said TT flat stinks and i always bring up the fact that every GM misses on picks and have actually laid out the Ravens draft the past 10 years of drafts to show it and they are usually pretty good at drafting. They havent been much, if better at all.

IMO TT has been weak in making trades at the deadline aquiring players for little giving up a late pick like others do. I dont think its needed every year but when we are in the mix like this year. He has been weak in acumulating extra picks til this year with comp picks though they are all late rounders.

His drafting has been at least on par with others imo. Better than some, worse than others....and sure his weak spot has been the OL but he did hit on Slater for a change.
        I didnt say he was the worst or anything close to that. But 9 years is a lot of time to show you can build a champ or not. Been on par with … thats .500 ball you’re describing. Which is roughly the TT era, right? Do you want another decade of .500 ball? If so, i am confident he can deliver to that level of expectation.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dcblanton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What are you smoking, you need to share with us? LAC weren’t picked by anyone to win the division this year. Or last. Or year before that. Or before that? I don’t think they were picked to win the division once in the last decade, much less every year.
          You have a very limited memory. Chiefs' fans are always annoyed because even though they have owned the division for the last five years, every offseason, the Chargers get a lot of run.

They may not have got that run when Manning was in Denver, but since then, they get a fair amount of believers every offseason.

And, realistically, the Chargers always have a ton of talent. This year, they have been able to stay mostly injury free which has allowed them to challenge for the division and earn a playoff spot.

Comment

• dcblanton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The kind of talented perpetually miscontented player the Chargers could have used, but one Staley and Telesco won't ever let near their locker room.
            Bell should have led with. I should be hanging them up because I am washed, but some dumbass organization is still willing to write me a check, so I'm down to get paid.

In 2020 he was cut. Chiefs signed him. He played one year. He had a total of 254 yards. He didn't play in the AFCCG or the Super Bowl. Despite the Chiefs injuries at the position. He actually went on social media and trashed Reid. Apparently, he had beef with Reid, despite the fact that I don't know of another player in the world that has beef with Reid. He is well regarded by literally everyone that is ever asked about him, other than this twat.

He was signed by the Ravens this year. A team that excels at running the ball. That is their #1 go to. They lost their entire backfield before the start of the season. He played in five games. He ran the ball 31 times and caught the ball once. He had one reception and lost a yard on it.

We've all heard the quote, you're not pretty enough to have that attitude. In other words, guys will put up with a total bitch if she is hot. Well, Bell isn't productive enough to be that much of a pain in the ass.

The Buccaneers have Tom Brady. That is probably the one guy that can keep him in line. Heck, he keeps Antonio Brown in line for the most part. Any team with a young up and coming QB needs to stay away from guys like this.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Looking at draft picks or free agent is not the entire process when evaluating a GM:

Its about the WIN -LOSS record and under Telesco
              ZERO division titles
              two wildcards only, two wins
              a bunch of losing
              and on his third head coach

He really should be fired after this year.

You want to compare to the Ravens - compare the number of playoffs the last 9 years compared to the Chargers. Thats all that matters
              The difference there is the Ravens have had Harbaugh the entire time while we have had McCoy and Lynn. Their coaching has been better than ours and they have better owners without medling Sons and how we ended up with McCoy and Lynn.

Thats how im comparing them.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

Bell should have led with. I should be hanging them up because I am washed, but some dumbass organization is still willing to write me a check, so I'm down to get paid.

In 2020 he was cut. Chiefs signed him. He played one year. He had a total of 254 yards. He didn't play in the AFCCG or the Super Bowl. Despite the Chiefs injuries at the position. He actually went on social media and trashed Reid. Apparently, he had beef with Reid, despite the fact that I don't know of another player in the world that has beef with Reid. He is well regarded by literally everyone that is ever asked about him, other than this twat.

He was signed by the Ravens this year. A team that excels at running the ball. That is their #1 go to. They lost their entire backfield before the start of the season. He played in five games. He ran the ball 31 times and caught the ball once. He had one reception and lost a yard on it.

We've all heard the quote, you're not pretty enough to have that attitude. In other words, guys will put up with a total bitch if she is hot. Well, Bell isn't productive enough to be that much of a pain in the ass.

The Buccaneers have Tom Brady. That is probably the one guy that can keep him in line. Heck, he keeps Antonio Brown in line for the most part. Any team with a young up and coming QB needs to stay away from guys like this.
                Well said.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I didnt say he was the worst or anything close to that. But 9 years is a lot of time to show you can build a champ or not. Been on par with … thats .500 ball you’re describing. Which is roughly the TT era, right? Do you want another decade of .500 ball? If so, i am confident he can deliver to that level of expectation.
                  When you have the fact that as a first time GM, the Dean hired a consultant to hire a HC because Telesco was a first time GM and the consultant picked McCoy, that isnt Telescos fault that they didnt let him hire his own. Thats on Dean and his Sons imo.

Then when the word is JohnBoy is the one who liked Lynn and picked him himself.....i dont know how accurate that is or what but if there is any truth to to it, then there is more medling and not letting the GM do his job. Ill call that not on TT and would tell Dean to tell his Sons to sit the fuck down and butt out. They are paying Telesco to be the GM of their franchise so they should stand back and let him do it and let him make those decisions.

Medlers dont win anything. Just look at Jerry Jones, and Dan Snyder.

Now we havent heard who was the head guy making the decision for Staley so hopefully it was TT who had the final word.

Do the Ravens do it that way? Ozzie made those decisions (GM since 2002) and then when he he stepped down (2019) he handed it to the guy (Eric DeCosta) who was his assistant and has been with the Ravens since 1996. They hired Harbaugh in 2008 after Billick. Newsome still works in some smaller capacity with the Ravens.

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has 2 Sons and only one works in sales for the team. He doesnt have anything to do with personel or hiring anyone.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-22-2021, 01:33 PM.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

You have a very limited memory. Chiefs' fans are always annoyed because even though they have owned the division for the last five years, every offseason, the Chargers get a lot of run.

They may not have got that run when Manning was in Denver, but since then, they get a fair amount of believers every offseason.

And, realistically, the Chargers always have a ton of talent. This year, they have been able to stay mostly injury free which has allowed them to challenge for the division and earn a playoff spot.
                    Relative to previous seasons, sure.

Still, they have lost two starters on their oline early in the season, and a starting corner near the half way mark who might not return. When the Chiefs lost two starters
                    on their Oline against Tampa, they couldn't compete

I can think of only a precious few Chief starters, over the last three years, who were lost for the year at some point in the regular season.

So, you can spin your statement around in this fashion: the Chief's ability to stay injury free during the regular season has allowed them to win the division title for the last 5 years.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Not sure how I feel about TT, but we are 2 games back of the division leader, with a first year head coach.

Speaking of HCs, how many has TT had now, two, three? Does he take a few lemons ala his OL picks before hitting on somebody solid (Staley, Slater)? And I don’t care who the GM/HC is, this team hasn’t played without significant injury every year since forever. Show me the team who won the SB with backups and scrubs all over their starting lineup, I’ll wait.

IMHO, players need to make plays, but they can’t even mess up if they aren’t playing.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

To be honest, I don't see much difference between Brandon Staley and Anthony Lynn, yet. Last season, Lynn didn't have Derwin James at all and he had the worst OL in the league. He didn't have a LT like Slater or a C-LG combo like Linsley-Feiler. Lynn never had OL personnel like the 2021 Chargers have. He also didn't have Ekeler for a good part of the season. When Lynn took over in 2017, the Chargers lost their first 4, 3 of those games by 3 pts or less. Then Lynn's Chargers went 21-7 over the next 1-3/4 seasons and had a 12-4 record in 2018 and a playoff victory on the road. During that time the Chargers had win streaks of 4 games twice and a 6 game win streak. Lynn's Chargers had an additional 4 game win streak to close last season. Staley has one 3 game win streak early in this season, but since has only been able to win consecutive games once since, mostly alternating wins and losses week to week. Lynn would never have gone for it on 4th goal as the half was about to expire, he would have taken the points.

I'm not defending Lynn, as much as I am pointing out that Staley has not really been an upgrade over Lynn, in my opinion. His style is radically different, but the results haven't necessarily been better. With Staley, we were expecting a big leap forward for this defense, which got a huge boost from the return of James, but it has been a disappointment, currently ranked 22nd. His "Real football people understand what I’m doing" remark was an eye-opener, a bit arrogant, defensive, something that you would expect a coach with thin skin to say. The dogged determination to stick with analytics, when common sense dictates you take the three points on 4th and goal with seconds left in the half, and his defensive remarks afterward reminds me a bit of Josh McDaniels in 2009-10

This team should have no problem winning their final three against the Texans, Broncos and Raiders, barring catastrophic injury or losing too many key starters to the dreaded COVID list. Let's see if he can do it, and then let's see what he does in the playoffs.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You’re assuming Bell is good anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X