• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I don’t get the back and forth about the last FG. Even if it was an 80 yard attempt, they’d go for it: if they make it they go to the playoffs, if they don’t they go to the playoffs. No downside for them, we were screwed once they crossed their own 35 yard line with the clock running down like that. Only way we win is if we’d had a TD, and we fucked up. Again.

Is there a speedy dude we can draft in round one? Cuz we are exposed.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

I think with an experienced and knowledgeable DC we go 12-5 this season. Instead we're 9-8 and sitting home.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        I think with an experienced and knowledgeable DC we go 12-5 this season. Instead we're 9-8 and sitting home.
        I think with better effing players when we all saw the defense couldn't stop the run and a better RT (when we knew all offseason Bulaga was injury prone) - might have gone 12-5

The defense was not good all year. They could not get off the field. Minimal pass rush, terrible run defense ,resulted in not very good third down conversion rate

This year is on Telesco more than anybody.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think with better effing players when we all saw the defense couldn't stop the run and a better RT (when we knew all offseason Bulaga was injury prone) - might have gone 12-5

The defense was not good all year. They could not get off the field. Minimal pass rush, terrible run defense ,resulted in not very good third down conversion rate

Yes and No! Dumb coordinators wear out their star players cause they don't know how to rotate. Keeping Bosa in almost every play was just stupid. I'm going tosay that if we had someone like Ron Rivera like we go 12-5 no matter what.

:facepalm1:

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

s

Yes and No! Dumb coordinators wear out their star players cause they don't know how to rotate. Keeping Bosa in almost every play was just stupid. I'm going tosay that if we had someone like Ron Rivera like we go 12-5 no matter what.

:facepalm1:

Bosa played 72 snaps yesterday.
            On the very last offensive play for the Raiders O, they went at him on the 10 yard.

Look at the Chargers Dline under Rivera's first full year: a lot of retreads from the Chicago Bears.
            No song and dance about how things will be ducky once he brings in 'his' guys.

Staley is no Ron Rivera.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              s

Bosa played 72 snaps yesterday.
              On the very last offensive play for the Raiders O, they went at him on the 10 yard.

Look at the Chargers Dline under Rivera's first full year: a lot of retreads from the Chicago Bears.

Staley is no Ron Rivera.
              Probably 72 snaps against two players continuously! I'm just using the concept of competent DC vs. Inexperienced un proven guy who can't make the right defensive calls on the fly.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Raiders fans were shitting bricks about their weak right side to the Oline: Brandon Parker & Alex Leatherwood.
                Their center is nothing to write home about.

Staley, again, didn't take advantage of opposing team weaknesses.

Raiders must bench Brandon Parker posted November 30th

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Explain please.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I feel most badly for Herbert. His play was epic in those two drives late in the game to tie the score. Then in OT, he drove down the field again to get the ball into range for Hopkins to tie it, again. But the defense let him down. The D knew what the Raiders were going to do - run the ball. And they couldn't stop it. The entire defense owes Herbert an apology, after what Herbert accomplished to put the team in position to win or tie and get into the playoffs, only for them to blow it.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I feel most badly for Herbert. His play was epic in those two drives late in the game to tie the score. Then in OT, he drove down the field again to get the ball into range for Hopkins to tie it, again. But the defense let him down. The D knew what the Raiders were going to do - run the ball. And they couldn't stop it. The entire defense owes Herbert an apology, after what Herbert accomplished to put the team in position to win or tie and get into the playoffs, only for them to blow it.
                      He'll get that apology about the time all of us fans get one from Staley for being a complete dumbass.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

r

Belichick once went for it on his own 28 yard line against Indy and failed near the end of a game.....they lost.

He never repeated that mistake.

Staley keeps on blabbing about analytics driven decisions......he'll never learn with that mindset.
                        Coming up with exact percentages on the success and winning percentage of any given play in the 3rd quarter is absurd...monumentally absurd.
                        Success leaves you with the ball on the 20 yard line...
                        what's been gained with success?

He needs to rethink that aspect of his coaching.
                        I remember that game. Was watching it with a friend of mine b who was a big indy fan. We both thought it was complete arrogance on Bellis part lol.

Was that 2006 year when indy won it all? I can't recall exactly.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I'm all for this. That's why I want Fangio on board at DC. With even a middle of the pack defense, this team is going places.

Comment

Working...
                          X