Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Dak versus Derwin is gonna be amazing.
    I would like to see Derwin rush more this Sunday
    maybe I missed being as in-tuned as normal as had house guests to though we watched the whole game - there was "talking "

So if I am wrong - and he rushed more - I will pay more attention this week

But he is so versatile - I would like to see him get after Dak P

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would like to see Derwin rush more this Sunday
      maybe I missed being as in-tuned as normal as had house guests to though we watched the whole game - there was "talking "

So if I am wrong - and he rushed more - I will pay more attention this week

But he is so versatile - I would like to see him get after Dak P
      I saw 3 or 4 rush snaps from him. He was in man coverage a lot.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

What's the status of Mike Williams? They chose not to extend him before the season. Is the plan to see how he plays this year, then decide whether to offer him a new contract? Judging by a single game, he looks like he could have a pretty good season. If he does have a good season, let's say 1,000 yards and 10 TDs, is there cap space to give him a contract? BTW on Sunday, in addition to the TD he caught, he caught passes for 6 1st downs, with 82 yards on 8 catches.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

They are paying Mike Williams $15M this season. I am pretty sure they can come up with a longer term deal that is less than that per year in cap dollars

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            They are paying Mike Williams $15M this season. I am pretty sure they can come up with a longer term deal that is less than that per year in cap dollars

TG
            That would be awesome, providing Mike Williams has the kind of season we've all been hoping for. Even though he has not played up to his draft position - other WRs drafted after him in 2017 have had better careers so far - I like Mike and think he's an absolute stud. I hope he has great year and remains a Charger.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

If they use him like they did in the first game AND he can stay healthy, I'd be okay with extending him, but not for top 5 WR money. He is a good WR who benefits from being the #2 behind Allen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Apparently in our other offense Keenan as he should was the go to guy and in this one, MW playing the Micheal Thomas role will see a lot more action than he has before. That isnt MW's fault and as we saw, he can play.
                However if he goes for 75 receptions and 1100-1200 yards....he will have many other suiters driving the price up so its a matter of how much he wants to stay and continue getting the type of action he is getting for a change.

And to think many here said he wasnt getting open is why he didnt get the targets :facepalm1: .... they wouldn't keep him around for 15 mil if he wasnt getting open.
                Keenan is still going to get his targets just maybe not quite as much. But who knows, maybe we throw 650-700 passes which would be a lot that we are used to seeing.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

It's also worth keeping guys around for locker room impact. Williams is popular and taking care of your own is popular.

Still a business so the numbers must make sense. With the salary cap going to the moon the next couple years we also have to adjust expectations on what a 2nd WR is paid.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Also big shoutout to Chris Harris Jr. I think this scheme fits him way better and it will show through the season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

1. Herbert's QBR is affected by the INT of course but also the blundered Fumble/touchback call on him too.

3. Derwin shut down anything happening within his vicinity.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Come on now - he worked in “majestic” when describing one of Herbert’s beautiful passes - how many announcers can do that????
                        Seriously, I'd prefer "GUYTON! High points it, and comes down with it at the 39 yard line!"

"Majestic"?!? Gimme a break! lol We can supply our own superlatives.

Another thing I noticed: Dedes referring to a player as "elite" IMO, it's reasonable to say that ELITE is Top 5 in the league at your position. But Dedes will call Top 15 talent "elite", which is pretty much cheerleading and horn-honking, not accurate reporting.

Likewise, "So-and-so is one of the best in the NFL at <whatever>!", and immediately at least 5 players come to your mind who are more impressive. What's with the artificial hype? It's not necessary, and it's embarrassing.

Announce the game, announcers, instead of constantly promoting and inflating it! That is all!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Apparently in our other offense Keenan as he should was the go to guy and in this one, MW playing the Micheal Thomas role will see a lot more action than he has before. That isnt MW's fault and as we saw, he can play.
                          However if he goes for 75 receptions and 1100-1200 yards....he will have many other suiters driving the price up so its a matter of how much he wants to stay and continue getting the type of action he is getting for a change.

And to think many here said he wasnt getting open is why he didnt get the targets :facepalm1: .... they wouldn't keep him around for 15 mil if he wasnt getting open.
                          Keenan is still going to get his targets just maybe not quite as much. But who knows, maybe we throw 650-700 passes which would be a lot that we are used to seeing.
                          I don't have a problem with spreading the ball around to competent targets, and sparing Keenan some abuse.

Jared Cook hit the ground running, so to speak. Had a drop-- as did almost everyone-- but several clutch catches and chain-movers. So very evident he's a scheme fit ready to contribute.

K.J. Hill had 3 catches in 3 targets, and Josh Palmer 1 in 1. If they're catching the ball, Keenan can be given a few less snaps, and be saved for when he's most needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X