• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't have a problem with spreading the ball around to competent targets, and sparing Keenan some abuse.

Jared Cook hit the ground running, so to speak. Had a drop-- as did almost everyone-- but several clutch catches and chain-movers. So very evident he's a scheme fit ready to contribute.

K.J. Hill had 3 catches in 3 targets, and Josh Palmer 1 in 1. If they're catching the ball, Keenan can be given a few less snaps, and be saved for when he's most needed.
    Im pretty sure Keenan wouldn’t take kindly to that notion. But seriously, it’s not like he’s launching on go routes every other play. I think Keenan stays in as much as possible. Even when the ball’s not going to him he draws focus from the D.

Eventually I think we’re going to work Palmer into red zone and 3rd down packages (subbing Guyton out). Guyton will stay on the field on early downs and with long fields for obvious reasons. >>>SPEED >>>
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      Expecting Speero Dedes to notice ANYTHING of consequence on a football field is useless. Guy is the worst play by play dude on the network. Constantly mispronouncing names, missing plays altogether, etc.....doesn't appear to understand the nuances of professional football.
      How he keeps his job is a mystery to me???
      The dude is totally lazy. Doesn't even identify the tackler most of the time...so lame...even Fouts doesn't bother to I.D. anyone on D other than if it's a pick or fumble recovery...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Al Michaels and John Madden will forever be the kings of commentary. I feel sorry for the younger generation that didn’t get to hear them call games together. Man they were great. So much flavor.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Al Michaels and John Madden will forever be the kings of commentary. I feel sorry for the younger generation that didn’t get to hear them call games together. Man they were great. So much flavor.

And before them, Howard Cosell, although he could be polarizing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

L
            Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

And before them, Howard Cosell, although he could be polarizing.
            Lots of the old timers i liked: Pat Sumerall, Hank Stram, Curt Gowdy....

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              L

Stram was amazing the way he would look at both O and D formations and literally make the play call...and it happened just the way he called it!

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                Sigh. So many classic names. All long gone now.

Edit: Just to clarify, I was talking about Sumerall, Stram, Gowdy and Cosell. Fortunately Al Michaels and John Madden are still with us.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Stram was amazing the way he would look at both O and D formations and literally make the play call...and it happened just the way he called it!
                  Tony Romo has a bit of that.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That would be awesome, providing Mike Williams has the kind of season we've all been hoping for. Even though he has not played up to his draft position - other WRs drafted after him in 2017 have had better careers so far - I like Mike and think he's an absolute stud. I hope he has great year and remains a Charger.
                    There’s leftover salary cap money this year that they can roll over to next year if they really want to extend him after this season.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Tony Romo has a bit of that.
                      I REALLY like Romo, and just for that reason! Guy goes undrafted yet carves out a 14 season career and sets multiple records for one of the leagues storied franchises.
                      He definitely knows his s**t!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

There’s leftover salary cap money this year that they can roll over to next year if they really want to extend him after this season.
                        Ideally, he has a good year and SOMEONE ELSE throws big dollars at him!
                        We'd get a nice comp pick AND we could use his money to bring in a player at a position of greater need( and we didn't draft Palmer in the 3rd to let him sit behind Allen and Williams for the next 5 years)

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Word before the season was that this would be MW’s last with the team. Obviously playing well can change lots of things but those were the reports.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍