• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

We need to block well for punts consistently. Coverage doesn't matter if the ball is on the ground behind LOS.
    Block in the back killed several of our best returns.
    Our STs made a lot of mistakes. The above were just two of the most damning & repetitive.
    Coaching matters.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I don't buy that it is poor special teams players that led to the terrible performance. Other than the kicker and punter, anyone who makes an NFL roster should be smart enough and talented enough to play special teams. It is up to the coaches to teach them what to do and MOTIVATE them to do it. Telesco can fall on his sword but this all goes back to the coaching staff in my opinion.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        I don't buy that it is poor special teams players that led to the terrible performance. Other than the kicker and punter, anyone who makes an NFL roster should be smart enough and talented enough to play special teams. It is up to the coaches to teach them what to do and MOTIVATE them to do it. Telesco can fall on his sword but this all goes back to the coaching staff in my opinion.

TG
        There are CBs and WRs in this draft who are ++ Gunners.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Take away just the fatal mistakes and we’re at least plus one maybe two in the win column. The blocked punts were just brutal.

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/f...chaudhari/1838 His assistant is a STUD! One of the most renowned college coaches ever - Like a Brandon Staley of Special Teams - has offense, defense experience! Last 3 years with ATLANTA. It's a LATERAL move but I bet Staley persuaded him!

YOUNG HO KOO!!!!! (Atlanta)

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/f...chaudhari/1838 His assistant is a STUD! One of the most renowned college coaches ever - Like a Brandon Staley of Special Teams - has offense, defense experience! Last 3 years with ATLANTA. It's a LATERAL move but I bet Staley persuaded him!

YOUNG HO KOO!!!!! (Atlanta)
                actually most improvements with kickers come with their private tutors and not through special teams coaching. It is very technical. they do a lot of film work with biomechanics similar to what golfers use with their swing coaches. What causes many kickers to slip including Badgley, is it normally starts with a groin injury. Then overcompensation puts biodynamics out of wack, and the resulting misses then causes a confidence issue

Comment

Working...
                X