Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    With new coaches and added talent it 's reasonable to assume that LAC's OL will be avg or better. One or more current OL holdovers should perform better in an upgraded OL.. I'm thinking maybe LT- D1, LG-D2, C- Feeney, RG- Groy, RT- Tevi.
    this makes sense but the problem for me is that I can't objectively tell who that could possibly be.
    this is kind of why i wanted to keep Campen as someone who could speak with Staley as to intangibles that might help
    Staley and Telesco to project which impending FAs were worth the risk.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

By the end of TC... i can already imagine Feeney wearing a cowboy hat with long hair and a straw in his mouth.
      Yep...we can have Tevi on the washboard and Pip plays the spoons...

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hopefully Pip plays the spoons with intensity

Comment

• therber219
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2017
          • Iowa
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          With new coaches and added talent it 's reasonable to assume that LAC's OL will be avg or better. One or more current OL holdovers should perform better in an upgraded OL.. I'm thinking maybe LT- D1, LG-D2, C- Feeney, RG- Groy, RT- Tevi.
          Maybe it was just the difference between Herbert and Rivers as far as mobility, but Tevi at RT looked much worse than Tevi at LT... At least it looked like it to me. I'd rather he was plan b or c at either.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

Maybe it was just the difference between Herbert and Rivers as far as mobility, but Tevi at RT looked much worse than Tevi at LT... At least it looked like it to me. I'd rather he was plan b or c at either.
            Good observation and agree. I don't know if they slid more help his way, if the light bulb went on for him, if Campen coached him up, or the change in scheme/QB or maybe all of it. But he was average to slightly above average and really was the best lineman last season. Not at all what I expected.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Agree. Since we won't have all new starters, we probably have to have an OL job for Tevi.
              Looks like the OL brain trust will be OC Lombardi, OL coach/run game coordinator Frank Smith, Asst OL Shaun Sarrett. I really like Lombardi's Saints roots. Stud home drafted OL, solid interior.
              We will be a better OL as a group. How much remains to be seen. I'm thinking 6 or 7 on a 1 - 10 scale.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Well, Tevi DID play LEFT tackle at Utah...maybe the old muscle memory kicked him back into a nice groove...

Comment

• therber219
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2017
                  • Iowa
                  • Send PM

Well, Tevi DID play LEFT tackle at Utah...maybe the old muscle memory kicked him back into a nice groove...
                  Isnt he another one that was labeled a "project" when he was drafted? Like Pipkins? Maybe its just that projects actually take more time than we might like for things to click, hence the term. Both were put into play way before they were expected to be.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Isnt he another one that was labeled a "project" when he was drafted? Like Pipkins? Maybe its just that projects actually take more time than we might like for things to click, hence the term. Both were put into play way before they were expected to be.
                    Yes Sam was a 6th round pick so a project. The issues noted by Zierlein are still issues but lesser.

Former Utah offensive tackle Sam Tevi is headed to the professional gridiron. Tevi was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers with the 190th overall pick in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL draft on Saturday in Philadelphia.

He was the seventh Ute to be selected in this year's draft, setting a school record.

A two-year starter at Utah, Tevi appeared in 48 games. Last year, he started and played in 11 games at right tackle, the previous year he started all 13 games at left tackle.

Projected as a sixth- or seventh-rounder by NFL.com, Lance Zierlein wrote of Tevi, “Has decent size and enough athletic ability to warrant a look as a swing tackle. His lack of anchor in the passing game and instincts against twists could be big problems for offensive line coaches.”
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

got me busting out with laughter. Thx mang

Comment

Working...
                      X