Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Absolutely they have. Even with Fouts, who is not the easiest guy to get along with. Appears he is mellowing with age, but for you younger guys, he was a piece of work. Great QB. Fierce competitor. Tough player. Not so nice off the field.

TG
    I once bought him a beer at a San Diego Clippers game. He was a pussycat...............

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

If they recognize Phil at a game I may have to go to that. It’s funny I’ve been dead wrong on our QBs I wanted Brees over Rivers and hated the Herbert draft pick. Like Justin Philip quickly won me over and his spats with Cutler were good times.

Someone asked in another thread does Herbert make it easier to get over Rivers or something like that. My answer is yes. I love Rivers but IMO we may have actually improved at the QB position. That and I like that Justin stays pretty even emotionally whereas we all know Phil could get a little over hyped sometimes.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

I think this is the right thing for both sides. For sure. However, there is a tinge of surprise because you just never know with the Chargers and how they go about things sometimes. They just seem to be a little off when it comes to PR (public relations) and the right way to do things. So, count me as happy and somewhat relieved. Especially the way this went down a year ago with it seeming like both sides were so ready to move on from each other asap.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I was hoping this would happen. Thanks to the Spanos' and Rivers for coming together on this. It's not a big deal, but it really means something to us Chargers fans.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Tijuana
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Absolutely they have. Even with Fouts, who is not the easiest guy to get along with. Appears he is mellowing with age, but for you younger guys, he was a piece of work. Great QB. Fierce competitor. Tough player. Not so nice off the field.

TG
            MFIC

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
              Very grateful that the Chargers are allowing him to do this.

It will be great to see him wear the Bolts one last time
              Agree!....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

MFIC
                Dan Fouts
                I once told one of my managers MFIC, she never heard of it so I explained the acronym. she went and bought me a MFIC hat lol
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                  Humble Chargers Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Golden Hill
                  • Medical Devices Operations
                  • Send PM

It would be cool for Philip to honor those fans (us) from San Diego. This city needs that. Hope the Spanni don't f*ck it up!
                  "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                      If they recognize Phil at a game I may have to go to that. It’s funny I’ve been dead wrong on our QBs I wanted Brees over Rivers and hated the Herbert draft pick. Like Justin Philip quickly won me over and his spats with Cutler were good times.

Someone asked in another thread does Herbert make it easier to get over Rivers or something like that. My answer is yes. I love Rivers but IMO we may have actually improved at the QB position. That and I like that Justin stays pretty even emotionally whereas we all know Phil could get a little over hyped sometimes.
                      Yep...this was the most frustrating thing about PR...the talent was undeniably there...some games, Phil was just so awesome...then, the emotions kicked in and affected his game for the worse...still, thanks for the great memories, Phil!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Agreed.
                        JH actually gives you the impression that nothing is too big to overcome. A real air of calm. He's the whole package, not just a passer.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...this was the most frustrating thing about PR...the talent was undeniably there...some games, Phil was just so awesome...then, the emotions kicked in and affected his game for the worse...still, thanks for the great memories, Phil!
                          I'm not sure how much it was emotions kicking in vs him feeling that he needed to try and win games by himself and forcing things. Add in some pretty mediocre coaching and a crappy offensive line and you have what you saw.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍