How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Bama, OSU, Georgia, LSU. You all get the idea. Big SEC teams.

And please tell TT, NO MORE NOTRE DAME !!!!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Eich go in round 2, especially if TT goes non-O-line in round 1...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

My failure rate is 50% so you need to draft 4 to ensure you have at least two starters. anything more would be lucky and like landing herbert last year.

:whistlin:
      This offseason - for me the Chargers need to
      1) release Turner and sign a better player. I prefer Linsley but if Austin Blythe for the block scheme works or Feliciano - thats fine too
      2) draft two players in the first 3 rounds and at least one more on Day 3
      3) hit the UDFA market harder than normal. If one hits it - you have struck gold
      4) I think I am bringing back Tevi and Lamp. Tevi because of his versatility; Lamp because he is probably close in talent to Feeney but cheaper

thats my OL to-do offseason

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

From a Ravens blogger website. I think he is undervaluing Orlando Brown for either the Chargers 13th pick or MW/2nd rounder but I would absolutely do both trades. And of the two - I probably would rather use the 1st RP for Brown actually. But truly a 2nd and MW would be fine too

Realistic trade partners and proposals for Orlando Brown Jr. - Baltimore Beatdown

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

We don't owe the Ravens any favors.
          It's their problem that Zeus Jr went public.
          Make us a very good offer or go away.
          Especially for this guy.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• therber219
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2017
            • Iowa
            • Send PM

I really don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.. Yes Brown is extremely talented, but I don't think the Chargers are magically going to change their character standards... And he did the same thing that brought Des a one way ticket outta town.... He went public with his complaints, that's not someone they bring in. He is also gonna want a big payday in another year, so I just don't see the benefits over the draft.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post
              I really don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.. Yes Brown is extremely talented, but I don't think the Chargers are magically going to change their character standards... And he did the same thing that brought Des a one way ticket outta town.... He went public with his complaints, that's not someone they bring in. He is also gonna want a big payday in another year, so I just don't see the benefits over the draft.
              If this trade ever happens, hopefully he doesn’t pull a “Gaither”. Gaither played good with the Ravens/Chargers then got lazy after the Chargers paid him $$$.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Bama, OSU, Georgia, LSU. You all get the idea. Big SEC teams.

And please tell TT, NO MORE NOTRE DAME !!!!
                Dude, you guys don't get. TT's side chick is from Notre Dame.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Brown and a second for MW. That’s my trade.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Brown and a second for MW. That’s my trade.
                    What Contract for Brown?

If we trade for Brown sign GB center and draft LT at 13 i am happy with those changes.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I said 2-3, but it will probably be 1 or 2.

With cap room, and our QB situation... we could be a popular landing spot for FA's who are looking to stay competitive, but not break the bank.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Yup. You can add Desmond King to this list.

Comment

I generally agree with what you are saying.

Brown has let it be known that he wants out. That immediately lowers his trade value.

Also, Brown allowed 3 sacks and the Ravens passed the ball less than two-thirds of the time that we did. So that would translate to a good 5+ sacks allowed. Now, I could be persuaded that some of that was Jackson holding the ball while trying to make a play and PFF certainly seems to like Brown, but Brown is not an elite option. He may be solid to good, which is much better than what we have had most of the time in recent years, but he is not elite.

And, as you noted, he will be entering the last year of his contract, so I would want him extended as part of any deal that gets made. But the offer would be no more than a second round pick by itself for Brown.

I want us to have the chance to trade back for some team wanting a QB in the first round this year, giving us their second round pick in the process. That way, if we traded for Brown as I have noted and succeeded in trading back as outlined, we would end up with a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rd round picks and Brown.

I would consider restructuring/extending Williams if possible. The other way to do it to pay him this year and let him walk next year in free agency to a high paying team. He might be worth a 4th round compensatory pick if we go light enough on our own free agency signings.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍