How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    I bet we only draft 1 OL and but look to make a splash in F.A. I don't believe OL will be the pick @ #13 unless it's BPA.
    Given we have 9 picks I would consider that really light! Maybe we pick only one in the third but I can't see them passing on any good prospects they like in the latter rounds. Special teams and developmental oline.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Given we have 9 picks I would consider that really light! Maybe we pick only one in the third but I can't see them passing on any good prospects they like in the latter rounds. Special teams and developmental oline.
      Aren't we expecting most of our guys to be back? (I.e Tevi , Lamp) We have development OL (Pipkins and Quessenberry, Storm)and as for special team those guys can be found in the udfa pool.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

We have plenty of holes to fill but none more pressing than the O-Line. I've historically been a Best Player Available at a position of need guy. But the trencher in me has had it with the lack of success. So my take is that until the talent is at acceptable levels we should use all resources on the offensive front. So as limiting and unlikely as it would be, I vote all 9 picks go to the o-line, our greatest weakness. It will never, ever, happen, but the odds of success increase with increased numbers.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
          We have plenty of holes to fill but none more pressing than the O-Line. I've historically been a Best Player Available at a position of need guy. But the trencher in me has had it with the lack of success. So my take is that until the talent is at acceptable levels we should use all resources on the offensive front. So as limiting and unlikely as it would be, I vote all 9 picks go to the o-line, our greatest weakness. It will never, ever, happen, but the odds of success increase with increased numbers.
          I agree! This year there is some depth at OL in the draft, so anything less than three picks will have me scratching my head. The OL has been a consistent problem for quite some time now. This is the year to rebuild it completely with some young talent and supplement it with some solid FA pickups.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I agree! This year there is some depth at OL in the draft, so anything less than three picks will have me scratching my head. The OL has been a consistent problem for quite some time now. This is the year to rebuild it completely with some young talent and supplement it with some solid FA pickups.
            Three picks - yes
            but one on day 1 or in R2
            one on day 2
            and one on day 3

I don't want Telesco waiting until Day 3 and he uses his 4th 6th and 7th on OL

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

This article has the Chargers taking Rashard Slater with the first pick and Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey with second pick saying goodbye to Feeney.

I'm on board with these two picks.

"With Dan Feeney set to be a free agent, the Chargers could be looking to upgrade at the center position. Humphrey isn’t the most athletic lineman, but toughness, intelligence, instincts and consistency in pass protection and the run-blocking department are starter quality."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/charger...151322129.html

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                This article has the Chargers taking Rashard Slater with the first pick and Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey with second pick saying goodbye to Feeney.

"With Dan Feeney set to be a free agent, the Chargers could be looking to upgrade at the center position. Humphrey isn’t the most athletic lineman, but toughness, intelligence, instincts and consistency in pass protection and the run-blocking department are starter quality."

I'd rather have a tough, smart and steady C than someone like Feeney who gets rag-dolled regularly...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

This! -- this would be the best way to start the draft: OT and OC. The Chargers need a strong OC as much as a strong LT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

My current answer is 2.5 .
                    Round 2, Round 3a and Round 6b, maybe.
                    There are particular players who fit my algorithm.
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                    Ben Herbert

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      My current answer is 2.5 .
                      Round 2, Round 3a and Round 6b, maybe.
                      There are particular players who fit my algorithm.
                      I am at a strong 3
                      1 in either R1 or R2
                      one in R3
                      and like you said 6B pick at worst but open to R5 as well

also hit the UDFA market from last year and this year hard! - meaning guys who didn't make rosters last year because of covid that might be options.

I don't give a crap if Bulaga is the only starter back. Hell he should be hte only starter back.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

I would be more than happy if the Chargers went that route. I am back and forth between Slater and Darrisaw really..

Although very unlikely I know, but a trade to mortgage future picks perhaps to grab an interior like Wyatt Davis also would be icing on the cake.. by the way, will either Davis or Humphrey be available in the third??

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd rather have a tough, smart and steady C than someone like Feeney who gets rag-dolled regularly...
                          Or put on skates

Comment

Working...
                          X