How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge!
    replied
    alot depends on FA.... and who is available when we draft?...... Chargers have needs at almost EVERY position so BPA is the way to go...... no reaching for OL(who can't cut it) just because we have needs.....

Leave a comment:

• sonorajim
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Imo Staley will secure whatever pieces he needs for a top 5 defense primarily through FA so he doesn’t depend on rookies
    look for vets past their prime who will take less to work with Staley to regain their form/brand.
    The draft will be offense heavy and Lombardi will be tasked with simply improving the offense with hopefully 2 new starters on the OL one being a FA (Trent Williams) and the other a rookie (Slater), along with rookie depth to compete with Feeney and Tevi or whoever we resign.
    OC Joe Lombardi & OL coach Frank Smith have strong Saints roots where the OL starters are all 1st - 3rd rd Saints draft picks. That didn't happen in 1 season. I'm guessing that they will be inclined to want to see what they can do with Chargers current 2nd-3rd rd picks, Lamp, Feeney, Pipkins and that we will add a 1st rd OT.
    That won't be all but the top OT is an absolute need. Fortunately there will be top 3 quality available at 13 in this QB heavy draft.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Feliciano and Blythe are IOL.
    It takes a solid OT.
    I think the Chargers need 4 new starters - Bulaga is locked in. I will take better over last year any of the positions

But yes, there is no doubt that LT is the number 1 priority for Tom Telesco this offseason. No doubt. In fact - there is not a second or third priority when compared to LT!

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied
    0 was not a choice

EDIT: I misread the poll. I thought it said how many Oline WILL the Chargers draft

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Feliciano and Blythe are IOL.
    It takes a solid OT.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Austin Blythe from the Rams - (I know I throw out a lot of Rams players but with their cap situation - they might be able to bring everybody back) - look at PFF - Blythe was a 69 and Feeney at 48. I get its one metric but if you can say release Turner, bring in Feliciano and Blythe and not bring back Feeney - that might be better depth. I think Lamp will be cheaper than Feeney and Tevi did show something - so today, I am probably bringing back Tevi and if truly for depth - well Lamp.
    Sounds like a plan...

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree...I've been tough on Tevi in the past, but he DID show SOME improvement at LT this past season...so re-sign him at a team-friendly deal...on Lamp and Feeney, team needs to evaluate how well they fit system and whether there's upside that can be coached up...if so, sign one or both to team-friendly deal...if not, let one or both go...I'd like to keep at least one for depth...
    Austin Blythe from the Rams - (I know I throw out a lot of Rams players but with their cap situation - they might be able to bring everybody back) - look at PFF - Blythe was a 69 and Feeney at 48. I get its one metric but if you can say release Turner, bring in Feliciano and Blythe and not bring back Feeney - that might be better depth. I think Lamp will be cheaper than Feeney and Tevi did show something - so today, I am probably bringing back Tevi and if truly for depth - well Lamp.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is the correct answer

Release Turner and sign a better long term player

I am also okay bringing back Tevi and Lamp or Feeney for depth
    Agree...I've been tough on Tevi in the past, but he DID show SOME improvement at LT this past season...so re-sign him at a team-friendly deal...on Lamp and Feeney, team needs to evaluate how well they fit system and whether there's upside that can be coached up...if so, sign one or both to team-friendly deal...if not, let one or both go...I'd like to keep at least one for depth...

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

Round 1 - OT
    Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
    Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...
    I think this is the correct answer

Release Turner and sign a better long term player

I am also okay bringing back Tevi and Lamp or Feeney for depth

Leave a comment:

• Eurobolt
    replied
    "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

Round 1 - OT
    Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
    Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...
    Pretty much this.

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Imo Staley will secure whatever pieces he needs for a top 5 defense primarily through FA so he doesn’t depend on rookies
    look for vets past their prime who will take less to work with Staley to regain their form/brand.
    The draft will be offense heavy and Lombardi will be tasked with simply improving the offense with hopefully 2 new starters on the OL one being a FA (Trent Williams) and the other a rookie (Slater), along with rookie depth to compete with Feeney and Tevi or whoever we resign.
    Agree. Just watched Chargers weekly when Chris Hayre and Jeff Duncan (Saints writer) talked about Joe Lombardi. They talked about the Saints offense changing throughout the years depending on personnel. From pass heavy with meachem, etc., then TE focused with Jimmy G. now with Kamara. Jeff said what didn’t change was the Saints investing their 1st and 2nd on OL. Hopefully Joe carries it over to this year’s draft.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍