• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im seeing Basham falling. Saw him at 88 on a couple places where he was higher before.
    I hope so. Any of these high motor kick your butt because I love the game type prospect always .I've move up my board.
    The players with low motor, low awareness or rely on quickness and finesse but will get beat up in a phone booth. I'm not a fan.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      I have had Basham and Tyron as targets for 2nd and 3rd rd picks for months
      and now I'm seeing mocks of the both picked in Rd1.
      :coffee:

There is a lot to like about both. Very physical players. They have athleticism but they don't play a style that relies on it. When I watch them play, I see a high motor style of I'm going to kick your butt. They are also leaders on their teams and show the alpha male trait that I like in prosects.
      Barmore too.
      Horn too.

I really like athleticism, size and strength with the I'm going to outwork you and kick your butt style of play. That is the type of defense Im hoping Staley wants to build.
      Tryon is a top 50 talent. He could go in round 1.
      Boogie is more a top 100 dude. Physical, high motor, technique is solid, but moderate athleticism.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I hope so. Any of these high motor kick your butt because I love the game type prospect always .I've move up my board.
        The players with low motor, low awareness or rely on quickness and finesse but will get beat up in a phone booth. I'm not a fan.
        Sometimes you just need to draft "football players" who produce on the field and like you said, bust their butt. As Mel Kiper would say "he was productive".

Sometimes a guys potential will lead to somebody being fired as NFL can stand for Not For Long. Telesco really has one year to make or break. If the team misses the playoffs, and the OL/Special Teams still stink - he might be gone. I can see Telesco being a bit more conservative this year. Maybe lower ceiling, but higher floor players.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Sometimes you just need to draft "football players" who produce on the field and like you said, bust their butt. As Mel Kiper would say "he was productive".

Sometimes a guys potential will lead to somebody being fired as NFL can stand for Not For Long. Telesco really has one year to make or break. If the team misses the playoffs, and the OL/Special Teams still stink - he might be gone. I can see Telesco being a bit more conservative this year. Maybe lower ceiling, but higher floor players.
          That word potential does get many fired.
          Jamarcus Russell and Ryan leaf had it.
          Tony Mandrich supposedly had the potential to be best left tackle in nfl history when he was drafted

There is the real love of the game and working on your craft because you really want to be great and the coach doesn't have to try and unlock your potential, he see you are working your butt off to unlock your own and he can guide you along the way. That is real potential. Not projected protential.

Comment

I would not love Barmore as the pick. I do not like either the value or the player fit. Even though Alabama ran a 3-4, I do not like Barmore at either NT or 3-4 DE at the NFL level. To me, his best use is as a three-technique 4-3 DT. My preference for a 3-4 DE would be for the player to be more athletic and/or maybe just a little bit longer, though Barmore is listed at 6'5". That said, if Barmore really is that tall, then with his appearance (read gut), it seems like he would be heavier than his listed 310 pounds (but I will defer to those with scales and other measuring devices).

Also, I would not take Barmore over Farley in the draft first posted in this thread. At least that is not as bad as the recent mock draft I saw (McShay), which had us passing on Parsons (who I see as a top 5 player) and taking Slater so the Patriots could take Parsons at #15.

I agree with the poster that said that the Raiders will not be taking a QB, at least not in the first round. Carr finished 10th in passer rating in 2020 with exactly 1 above average receiver and should be in the top 50% of the league's starting QBs going forward for the rest of the prime of his career. It is more likely that Lance will be worse than Carr versus being better than him, so that would really be a wasted pick for them.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

That word potential does get many fired.
              Jamarcus Russell and Ryan leaf had it.
              Tony Mandrich supposedly had the potential to be best left tackle in nfl history when he was drafted

There is the real love of the game and working on your craft because you really want to be great and the coach doesn't have to try and unlock your potential, he see you are working your butt off to unlock your own and he can guide you along the way. That is real potential. Not projected protential.
              And I think the Chargers have the star power when you have a young QB like Herbert with players like Allen, Bosa, James (if healthy) and maybe even Ekeler. So in my opinion, Telesco doesn't need to take a high upside potential guy with the core he has today. He needs good solid rotational football players because the team has a good core to build around. Just need to be strategic in how he feels out the roster.

Comment

IMO, high motor guys are fine, but definitely should not be moved up the draft board because they are high motor guys. Those are guys that it is best to let fall to where their natural ability says they should be selected. Then, you have a good draft pick instead of a reach.

The early round picks should always be guys with elite natural abilities and/or technique that will translate to the NFL level. For example, it seemed like everyone on the planet except Telesco knew that Te'o's lack of athleticism would hurt him at the NFL level. Multiple plays in the Alabama game (the closest thing to NFL competition at the time) showed that Te'o was often a step late. And who can forget John Harbaugh just shaking his head at Te'o's 40 time at the combine. Good motor, good instincts, absolutely not a good NFL player due to a lack of athleticism.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im seeing Basham falling. Saw him at 88 on a couple places where he was higher before.
                  Tryon more a consenses second. Only seen Jeremiah have him in round one.

I think this draft will have many surprises and players could be all over the place with no combine.
                  Interesting, I thought Basham had a pretty good Senior Bowl

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

NFL Mock Draft season is in full swing approaching all-important Pro Days for prospective early-round selections and ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay believes this year's quarterback class could rival one of the best all-time in terms of available talent.

McShay expects heavy changes inside the Top 10 as teams in need of immediate help at quarterback move up to select their guy. He is the first prognosticator this spring to project four signal callers taken in the first four picks.

McShay said this week there's one team in particular that has made it clear they're going quarterback with their top selection.

"Carolina is desperate for a quarterback, a difference maker," McShay said this week on ESPN's NFL Draft podcast. "I talked to Matt Rhule. I talked to their defensive coordinator. I talked to another assistant coach on the staff. They all have the same message: 'we lost eight games last year by one score. We need a guy that can come in and make that drive in the fourth quarter. We need a guy that can can lead us on the game winning drive. If we win four or five of those eight games we're in the playoffs. And instead, you know, we have a five win season.'

Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

Here's a look at McShay's mock draft 2.0, as revealed Tuesday night on SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt:
                    1. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: TREVOR LAWRENCE, QB, CLEMSON

(Photo: Chris Graythen, Getty)
                    Trevor Lawrence is the presumptive favorite to go in the top spot to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who will be led by first-time NFL coach Urban Meyer in 2021. Meyer has spoken at length on Lawrence and other quarterbacks in this class and it's clear he likes Clemson's signal caller at No. 1.

2. NEW YORK JETS: ZACH WILSON, QB, BYU

(Photo: Jasen Vinlove, USA TODAY Sports)
                    The New York Jets haven't yet been crystal clear on their plan at quarterback for 2021 and beyond with Sam Darnold under contract, but it appears they'll go after one of the best players on the board at No. 2 overall in Zach Wilson. A competitive playmaker at BYU, Wilson adds a new element to New York's scheme and gives the Jets options offensively.
                    3. CAROLINA PANTHERS (TRADE WITH MIAMI DOLPHINS) TREY LANCE, QB, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

(Photo: Justin Tafoya, Getty)
                    Todd McShay projects Matt Rhule and the Carolina Panthers to trade up a few spots to get their guy in Trey Lance, the lesser known of the four elite-level quarterbacks available this cycle. Essentially a younger Teddy Bridgewater with a better running ability, Lance could potentially open things up alongside Christian McCaffrey with the Panthers.
                    4. ATLANTA FALCONS: JUSTIN FIELDS, QB, OHIO STATE

(Photo: Kevin C. Cox, Getty)
                    Slim pickings for the Atlanta Falcons at No. 4? Hardly. Justin Fields is a two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year who shattered numerous passing records over his short stint with the Buckeyes. He's an athletic option, but pass-first player from the pocket who would give Atlanta a new dynamic offensively.
                    5. CINCINNATI BENGALS: PENEI SEWELL, OL, OREGON

(Photo: Christopher Mast/Icon Sportswire, Getty)
                    It's time for the Cincinnati Bengals to protect their investment in top overall pick Joe Burrow, who is coming off a season-ending knee injury at the hands of getting beaten up by his offensive front. Penei Sewell is the top offensive lineman available and should be on the board at No. 5, per McShay.
                    6. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: JA'MARR CHASE, WR, LSU

(Photo: Brett Davis, Getty)
                    Hard to argue with this pick for the Philadelphia Eagles, who appear to be moving forward with Jalen Hurts as QB1 in 2021 and are in dire need of playmakers at the wide receiver spot around him. Ja'Marr Chase would be a heck of a pickup, a field-stretcher who scored 25 touchdowns at LSU in 2019.
                    7. DETROIT LIONS: DEVONTA SMITH, WR, ALABAMA

(Photo: Tom Pennington, Getty)
                    The second receiver off the board could be the biggest question inside the Top 10 despite his obvious talent level as the Heisman Trophy winner. In recent weeks leading up to the draft, Alabama playmaker DeVonta Smith has seen his size put into question, which could square a team off that was thinking about taking him as the first pass-catcher on Day 1.
                    8. MIAMI DOLPHINS (TRADE WITH PANTHERS): JAYLEN WADDLE, WR, ALABAMA

(Photo: Mark J. Rebilas, USA TODAY Sports)
                    Jaylen Waddle showed courage in the national championship game, playing on a surgically-repaired ankle for the first time in months despite urging from others not to do so. He's talented enough to be the first wide receiver taken and pairing him with Tua Tagovailoa in Miami is an immediate fit.
                    9. DENVER BRONCOS: PATRICK SURTAIN, CB, ALABAMA

(Photo: Collegiate Images, Getty)
                    No cornerback in college football was more impressive on film this season than Surtain, who graded out as one of the nation's best at his position. He put the clamps on Ohio State star Chris Olave in the national championship game and quieted several of the SEC's best during the regular season.
                    10. DALLAS COWBOYS: CALEB FARLEY, CB, VIRGINIA TECH

(Photo: Scooter Waller, 247Sports)
                    This draft's first cornerback selected is coming down to Alabama's Patrick Surtain II and Caleb Farley from Virginia Tech, both long and physical cover corners who will be instant starters at the next level. Farley opted out of the 2020 season, but that hasn't affected his draft stock whatsoever.
                    (Photo: Collegiate Images, Getty)
                    11. New York Giants: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida Gators

12. Chicago Bears (trade with San Francisco): Mac Jones, QB, Alabama Crimson Tide

13. Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern Wildcats

14. Minnesota Vikings: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC Trojans

15. New England Patriots: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State Nittany Lions
                    (Photo: Steve Mitchell, USA TODAY Sports)
                    16. Arizona Cardinals: Greg Rousseau, Edge, Miami Hurricanes

17. Las Vegas Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

18. Miami Dolphins: Jaelen Phillips, Edge, Miami Hurricanes

19. Washington Football Team: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida Gators

20. San Francisco 49ers (trade with Chicago) Trevon Moehring, S, TCU Horned Frogs
                    (Photo: Getty)
                    21. Indianapolis Colts: Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan Wolverines

22. Tennessee Titans: Azeez Ojulari, LB, Georgia Bulldogs

23. New York Jets: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson Tigers

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Christian Darrisaw, OL, Virginia Tech Hokies

25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington Huskies
                    (Photo: Brett Rojo, USA TODAY Sports)
                    26. Cleveland Browns: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa Golden Hurricanes

27. Baltimore Ravens: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina Gamecocks

28. New Orleans Saints: Jalen Mayfield, OL, Michigan Wolverines

29. Green Bay Packers: Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF Knights

30. Buffalo Bills: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama Crimson Tide
                    (Photo: Casey Sapio, USA TODAY Sports)
                    31. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Tryon, OLB, Washington Huskies

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama Crimson Tide
                    Start the Conversation">247SportsGo VIP - One Month for Only $1
                    JOIN TODAYReport: Pro Bowl offensive tackle Orlando Brown 'wants to be traded' from Baltimore Ravens

By SAM MARSDALE4 hrs
                    The Baltimore Ravens have a situation on their hands. A report yesterday from CBS Sports’ Jason LaCanfora said “multiple” teams were interested in dealing for star offensive tackle Orlando Brown, as the 24-year-old is entering the fourth and final season of his rookie deal. Fast forward to today, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport says the former Oklahoma Sooners standout "wants to be traded" from the team.

“Sources: #Ravens OT Orlando Brown wants to be traded. After tweeting his desire to only play left tackle – he filled in there for Ronnie Stanley and shined this season – Brown will only play for a team that will play him at his preferred spot,” Rapoport tweeted Wednesday morning. “Baltimore would need a major haul.”

Brown was drafted in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft and has played both right and left tackle for Baltimore in his first three seasons. He has also been named to the Pro Bowl in back-to-back seasons. He stepped in at the left tackle spot for Stanley after he suffered a fractured and dislocated ankle in Week 8 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Two weeks ago, Baltimore GM Eric DeCosta expressed his desire to get a contract done with Brown. However, if Brown is demanding to play left tackle as Rapoport states, that makes the situation a lot more complicated.

“We will try to keep as many good, young players as we can,” DeCosta told members of the media at his end of season press conference. “We believe in an offensive line. We believe in being a strong offensive line. We want to have the best offensive line we can, and Orlando had a great year this year.”

Brown played more offensive snaps (1,026) than any other Baltimore player in 2020. After the season he talked about how he expects his game to continue to improve.

“Personally, I’m still far from playing my best ball,” Brown said after the team’s AFC Divisional Round playoff loss at the Buffalo Bills. “And next year, I’m going to get there—or get close. I’m very motivated to be the best me that I can be, as an individual, to help put us in the best position going forward.”

Brown starred at Oklahoma for three seasons before moving on to the Ravens. He started 40 games and was a key member of the Sooners’ offensive line. He was named Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year in both 2016 and ‘17. In his junior season, Brown was named a unanimous first-team All-American and was a finalist for the Outland Trophy.

Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

The Ravens enjoyed an 11-5 regular season and defeated the Tennessee Titans in the Wild Card playoff round on the road before falling to the Bills. The team figures to come back strong next season. Whether Brown is a part of the equation remains to be seen.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Imagine O. Brown and M. Parsons on the Chargers roster !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

woodMock v2: Weapons, Oline and Scheme Fit

Round 1/13. Najee Harris RB Alabama 6'2" 230# Forty 4.52
                        Power, contact balance, vision, patience, quick feet, hands, full route tree, pass pro, TD maker.
                        There are a lot of tools in the toolbox here.
                        ZBS fit. Inside and outside. Short yardage back.
                        Najee has a very effective stiff arm.
                        He can return kicks.
                        Harris' upbringing was challenging and tough.
                        He plays angry.
                        Lot's of people compare him to Matt Forte.
                        Bay Area dude.
                        I am thinking Beast Mode.

Round 1/45. D'Wayne Eskridge WR Western Michigan 5'9" 190# Forty 4.3
                        As a former CB, D'Wayne has sophisticated, nuanced techniques for defeating press coverage and getting open early in routes. Quick Slants all day. Deep speed and excellent tracking downfield. There is elite Stop/Start and Change of Direction which creates consistent separation. Performs on all Special Teams. KR, PR, Gunner. D'Wayne blows people up with his tenacious blocking. Strong steady hands to catch the football.
                        Here's our Tyreek.

Round 3/77. Josh Myers C the Ohio State Univ 6'3" 315#

Round 3/97. Brady Christensen OT Brigham Young 6'6" 300#

Round 4/117. Benjamin St-Juste CB Minnesota 6'3" 200# Forty 4.5

Round 5/156. Tariq Thompson S San Diego St 6' 210# Forty 4.55

Round 6/194. Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame 6'3" 260# Forty 4.85

Round 6/202. Naquan Jones DT Michigan St 6'4" 340#

Round 7/237. Pro Wells TE Texas Christian 6'4" 255# Forty 4.7

Najee Harris and D'Wayne Eskridge,added to Austin Ekeler and Keenan Allen would give the Chargers an explosive offense capable of matching Kansas City. They are both undervalued, have skills that translate well to the NFL, and can assume multiple roles. These are sure thing, solid picks, who project to successful extended NFL careers.
                        Think of how OPOY Derrick Henry and AJ Brown helped Ryan Tannehill improve his performance.
                        Now project that we are talking about Justin Herbert here, substantially better than Tannehill.

This is all provided we are OK with our protections and our offensive line performance is adequate.
                        Part 2 soon...
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I do not hate the Harris pick at all.
                          As he will contribute right away.
                          And as you said he can run routes too.
                          Normally I would stay away from RB in rd 1.
                          But he is worthy of the exception.

Comment

Working...
                          X