• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

How do you get the mocks from PFF to load. I’ve done them but can’t get them uploaded.
    Load to this site?
    I screenshot them and then crop em a little so they aren't so big. Shrink em from top and bring the bottom up and bring the sides in just enough so everything still shows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Woulda grabbed a late round receiver instead of Menet. Looking at Jonathan Adams, Imatorbhebhe, or Fehoko. Otherwise, stellar draft.
      Yeah I usually do if there is someone I like but I think Menet is great value there and just changed it up. I have probably three of these saved in my pics that I've done recently and took screenshots. Most of the time Harris don't make it to our #77 but he gets close. Meinerz usually gone too.

Menet can play OC, Meinerz at OG, Little at LT.... But realistically we aren't starting three rookies on the OL lol.

Honestly I'm not sure any of those last three picks are even there in those rounds. I think Menet is a 4th-5th rounder at worst.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

We probably won't start 3 rookies.

If they are an improvement over the other bodies we have, they might.

You just would want to split up the rookies and mix the vets among them, so there is not one area that the D can completely attack. That is usually why 2 is about the limit. With Baluga returning, then we have 4 other spots to fill. Either vet players we have must step up, or the rookies need to step in.

Optimists will say we can use vets, but history says that will fail, and probably badly.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          We probably won't start 3 rookies.

If they are an improvement over the other bodies we have, they might.

You just would want to split up the rookies and mix the vets among them, so there is not one area that the D can completely attack. That is usually why 2 is about the limit. With Baluga returning, then we have 4 other spots to fill. Either vet players we have must step up, or the rookies need to step in.

Optimists will say we can use vets, but history says that will fail, and probably badly.

My thinking is that two of the spots will be filled in free agency and two with rookies along with Bulaga. This is all predicated though on Telesco picking two OL in the first three rounds where the team will have four picks. I want Telesco to also use OL on Day 3 - maybe R5 or R6.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

The thing I find funny with Little is he hasn’t played in 2 years and he is still viewed by a lot of people as the second best pure LT behind Sewell, but people are hesitant about grabbing him at 13. I get the questions with the 2 years off but he still has high quality tape and plenty of time removed from injury. I feel like if he had played last year we wouldn’t have a shot at him at 13, so if we take him there I have no problem with it. I get the people saying trade down and you might still grab him but TT doesn’t trade down, he takes his guy or he trades up.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

My point for over month now
              when your Oline is in need of upgrades at both OT and OG, don’t expect prospects like Slater or AVT to stick outside.
              And dont let “position flexibility” fool you, that means they are guards in the NFL
              Don't forget about center... and the other OG position. Hell, you could even add RT to the list after this year.

My point is this... you probably need to draft at least 2 quality starters this draft. Whether they stick at OT, OG, or OC could be debated.
              It seems that both Slater (who shut down Chase Young in 2019) and AVT are both huge upgrades over Tevi/Pipkins.
              Both Slater and AVT are far better than DJ Fluker. Somehow the "Ghost of DJ Fluker" still haunts the halls of TPB forums...

Most pundits place Slater and AVT right around the #13 spot.
              Which prospects would you suggest drafting over both OT/OG's?
              What would you do in the 2nd round if the 6 top OT's are gone by pick #47...?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Don't forget about center... and the other OG position. Hell, you could even add RT to the list after this year.

My point is this... you probably need to draft at least 2 quality starters this draft. Whether they stick at OT, OG, or OC could be debated.
                It seems that both Slater (who shut down Chase Young in 2019) and AVT are both huge upgrades over Tevi/Pipkins.
                Both Slater and AVT are far better than DJ Fluker. Somehow the "Ghost of DJ Fluker" still haunts the halls of TPB forums...

Most pundits place Slater and AVT right around the #13 spot.
                Which prospects would you suggest drafting over both OT/OG's?
                What would you do in the 2nd round if the 6 top OT's are gone by pick #47...?
                Ideally the Chargers in Rd 1 get Slater or AVT
                and in Rd2 - they get either Wyatt Davis or possibly Creed Humphrey if they do not get Center in Free agency. Granted, if they sign a guy like Austin Blythe for Center as the Linsley market is just too crazy, they can still go Creed in the draft and put Blythe at OG. Dickerson in R2 also makes a lot of sense - can play either OG or Center.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

and in Rd2 - they get either Wyatt Davis or possibly Creed Humphrey if they do not get Center in Free agency. Granted, if they sign a guy like Austin Blythe for Center as the Linsley market is just too crazy, they can still go Creed in the draft and put Blythe at OG. Dickerson in R2 also makes a lot of sense - can play either OG or Center.
                  No he doesnt. He has been injured so much in college he may never make it thru a NFL season.
                  If he is there day 3 maybe in the 5th round he would be worth a flier. 6th for sure. He is just too risky.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yeah, I agree. Blythe makes sense since he has experience at center and guard. Another FA IOL that has experience @ OC/OG is Ethan Pocic. Both guys won't break the bank... if over-paying is a worry.

As far as the draft goes, good OG/OC'd can probably be had in the 4th round... if you want to save your 2nd/3rd draft capital for other PON's (CB/DL/RB etc.).
                    I would imagine that 1 of David Moore, Quin Meinerz, or Kendrick Green will be there in the 4th round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Forrest Lamp sure looked good against Tim Williams.

You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Forrest Lamp sure looked good against Tim Williams.

When was that? He plays in the CFL now for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

When was that? He plays in the CFL now for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
                          It was at the same point of his career as Slater's is currently.

Both were injury free at this juncture too.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡