• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Popper and the Athletic writer for the Ravens came up with three scenarios in a trade for Orlando Brown

1) Chargers send a FRP to the Ravens. Popper said this would probably not be something Telesco does but the Ravens probably take it. I agree with Popper

2) Chargers send a 2/4 to the Ravens. Popper thinks reasonable but Ravens dude said probably not enough

3) Chargers send Mike Williams and a 5th for Orlando Brown Jr. I probably actually do this trade - the Ravens guy said the Ravens in 2017 did like MW and he fits what they need at WR.

I get the third option the dollars for Zeus Jr would be a lot but to build top OL - I am good with that

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      Popper and the Athletic writer for the Ravens came up with three scenarios in a trade for Orlando Brown

1) Chargers send a FRP to the Ravens. Popper said this would probably not be something Telesco does but the Ravens probably take it. I agree with Popper

2) Chargers send a 2/4 to the Ravens. Popper thinks reasonable but Ravens dude said probably not enough

3) Chargers send Mike Williams and a 5th for Orlando Brown Jr. I probably actually do this trade - the Ravens guy said the Ravens in 2017 did like MW and he fits what they need at WR.

I get the third option the dollars for Zeus Jr would be a lot but to build top OL - I am good with that
      Definitely cool with the 3rd option
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

If you are referring to Orlando Brown Jr, absolutely!
        If you're referring to Odell Beckham Jr, NO BLOODY WAY!
        ( But I assume you are referring to Orlando so trading a receiver( plus a late first) for an LT is kind of a no brainer)
        Ha, sorry. Should’ve been more specific. Posting a random trade scenario for Odell would be super random given the topic of this thread.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

It only works if we can offset with MW because he is due 15million
          thats what makes this trade opportunity unique in that both sides can benefit
          without MW, we’re just another team trading valuable picks for a ready-now player who will need money soon, so I would expect all the teams with higher caps ready to outbid us.
          but MW gives us an edge in that we have a ready-now WR who they’ve liked before.
          I’m not interested in a trade for just picks
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• kgbpasha
            #болтап
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I like Mike. That being said, he is expendable at 15 mil.
            The "but he makes athletic contested catches" crowd needs to understand that
            yeah he makes those kinds of catches because he doesn't get any separation.
            They're always contested since the cb's are all able to stick to him.
            I saw one catch all season where he was wide open (you all know the one)
            and it wasn't because of his tremendous separation speed or route running.
            Patrick Robinson followed Herbert's eyes and bit on the underneath route
            while MW ran past. That was Herbert and play design. Any receiver would
            have been wide open on that throw.

Create space/separation/route running...those are the WR traits that win consistently.
            Be available.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Agree Mike Williams is less important to the Chargers than he would be to the Ravens. They know that Jackson has to step up and a play better. Williams would be the best weapon he has and a great fit for the off target passes Jackson throws. The Chargers need a great OT more than they need a WR2, as much as I like Mike Williams.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                East Coast Chargers Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                • Send PM

I would do the 3rd scenario not a fan of the other 2

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Agree Mike Williams is less important to the Chargers than he would be to the Ravens. They know that Jackson has to step up and a play better. Williams would be the best weapon he has and a great fit for the off target passes Jackson throws. The Chargers need a great OT more than they need a WR2, as much as I like Mike Williams.

TG
                  In the article -- Popper thinks the Chargers wouldn't trade Mike Williams as they like him and are high on him. He said it again on twitter - he responded to me

Granted, they know the character of Williams and not Orlando Brown Jr. But all things equal in the NFL - its much easier finding a good WR than a starting OT in the NFL. So if all it costs you is a mid round pick (even the comp pick for Rivers) + MW - thats a no brainer. Again, there are other factos. Brown would NEED to accept a new contract. How is his background

But I think Williams would fit very well with the Ravens offense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the article -- Popper thinks the Chargers wouldn't trade Mike Williams as they like him and are high on him. He said it again on twitter - he responded to me

Granted, they know the character of Williams and not Orlando Brown Jr. But all things equal in the NFL - its much easier finding a good WR than a starting OT in the NFL. So if all it costs you is a mid round pick (even the comp pick for Rivers) + MW - thats a no brainer. Again, there are other factos. Brown would NEED to accept a new contract. How is his background

But I think Williams would fit very well with the Ravens offense.
                    Looks like you need to target someone else to trade lol.
                    Likely MW is extended.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Jagged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Omaha, Nebraska
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Likely MW is extended.
                      Wouldn’t that make it that much easier to trade him? ( depending on the numbers of course )

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Likely MW is extended.
                        He is the only player that makes sense for Orlando Brown in looking at the roster. Also fills a need in Baltimore

The Chargers Front Office like the guy more than I do.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Palm Springs
                          • I know nothing
                          • Send PM

A real question is if Brown would cost Williams and a second round pick, would Williams plus our second round pick net a swap of our first round pick for a top 5 to grab Sewel be a better option than Brown?

Comment

Working...
                          X