• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Jalean Philips at #27?
    He would be a good thought at 27; maybe a solid OG like Wyatt Davis; maybe a good DE or LB; CB

My mantra with the Chargers - even if they trade for Orlando Brown Jr - the first four rounds: OL, Front Seven and DB.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

Good to be here! I don't know why but I'm not super excited with our pick options at #13 this year. It may be the odd college season and lack of exposure with the combine being cancelled hasn't led to the usual buzz. I think there will be a wider evaluation range for all the players between different teams more so than in regular years, so I'd rather get more darts to throw at the board. This may also dampen any bidding war, as I don't think teams want to give up the high draft picks knowing they'll have to also hand him a Tunsil contract as well. That said locking up a protector for Herbert's blindside for the next 7-10 years would be among the most useful future building blocks.
      Im not terribly enamored either. As far as OL goes. Im fine with Slater there. Still prefer a move back for most of the other guys though. Grab another pick. I do like some of the skill guys. Surtain and Farley would fill needs long term. Also help this year. Not sold on pass rushers. Really like Parsons skillset. If we try and move on from Mike Will and free up that 15M wouldn't be too upset with one of the big three WRs. But i like the WR class this year and think you can find value in round 3. Love Pitts. I have been saying for a while that i like a lot of guys in this draft from he 20-100 range. I love Najee Harris as well. Just not sure at 13. But he is a load. And an amazing compliment to Ekeler. But even if the idea is to treat Ekeler like Kamara(Hes not AK) he will see time at RB. Making Harris a 200 carry guy. Not sure about the value for a guy not really taking over that RB lead roll. Ekeler was also compared to Sproles which means Lombardi sees him as a complimentary type. I also really like the 2 NC RBs. Especially Williams. Slater at 13 and him in the 2nd would work. We have to get better in the run game. Obvioulsy that means OL as well.

Again good to have you. Make yourself at home.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Im not terribly enamored either. As far as OL goes. Im fine with Slater there. Still prefer a move back for most of the other guys though. Grab another pick. I do like some of the skill guys. Surtain and Farley would fill needs long term. Also help this year. Not sold on pass rushers. Really like Parsons skillset. If we try and move on from Mike Will and free up that 15M wouldn't be too upset with one of the big three WRs. But i like the WR class this year and think you can find value in round 3. Love Pitts. I have been saying for a while that i like a lot of guys in this draft from he 20-100 range. I love Najee Harris as well. Just not sure at 13. But he is a load. And an amazing compliment to Ekeler. But even if the idea is to treat Ekeler like Kamara(Hes not AK) he will see time at RB. Making Harris a 200 carry guy. Not sure about the value for a guy not really taking over that RB lead roll. Ekeler was also compared to Sproles which means Lombardi sees him as a complimentary type. I also really like the 2 NC RBs. Especially Williams. Slater at 13 and him in the 2nd would work. We have to get better in the run game. Obvioulsy that means OL as well.

Again good to have you. Make yourself at home.
        Agree, ....need more draft takes from you Fleet.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Really busy man. Im sorry lol

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I concur!
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

We should all help to unload Fleet’s other responsibilities so he can get back to delivering hard truths here on TPB

1. Jolt, you sip on mai tais all day long
              2. ninja, swing on a hammock until your ass goes numb
              3. I’ll hangout by the women’s outdoor gym looking pretty and making cat calls to the ladies

I think we got your day covered Fleet, back to it!
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Haha epic. Lets do it. Freaking dying for a real Mai Tai on my porch. Staring at the ocean. Should be able to get out for a couple months this summer.

Comment

• Portland1961
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hillsboro Oregon
                  • Construction Re-roof Estimator
                  • Send PM

Living here in Hillsboro Oregon, you can look at the mountains on both east or west, no Ocean. But you can also stare at the fires, snow(Sometimes) and rain all the time. No Mai Tai for me,
                  only Jack & Coke or a good sipping whiskey on the rocks.

Comment

• pigskin
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Southern Oregon
                    • Send PM

I would be weary of Orlando Brown, he blocked for the best running QB in the league. He knows the DE isn't going to make an inside move otherwise his Qb is off to the races. All he has to do is set up outside, it makes his job a whole lot easier.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

I heard somewhere that it's more difficult to play OL when you don't know where your QB is.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Brown's dad was a bit of a late bloomer back when he played for the Browns and Ravens. I think the son might be a similar type of guy if he is willing to dedicate the same amount of work on his fundamentals. Really fast players could beat his dad on the corner, but for the most part his fundamentals were so strong, you mostly just spent the whole game trying to run around him, and both the father and son are a $40 dollar cab ride to get around. The father was a bit quicker and more physical which is why he was a better run and pass blocker than the son is, although he may continue to develop some if he stays motivated.

Brown would be a big upgrade to any player on our roster now, but I think he might be more infatuated with the money than the responsibility that goes along with being a LT.

Overpaying for one guy is a big problem if the rest of the OL doesn't get upgraded. The best OL are generally the ones with at least 4 good players in them. You can generally cover up for 1 guy, but if there is more than one whole in the lineup, then it gets tougher and tougher to scheme around.

Comment

Working...
                        X