• Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Chargers Rally & support for our new Stadium

Can we have this be a sticky on any news or meetings spots/Rally's for anything to do with the Chargers New Stadium proposals/negotiations

I am 100% down to attend any protest/Rally's

The fact that it has gotten down to this is ludicrous
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I am not local (anymore) but I get the feeling that now this has been announced, the average San Diegan will think of them as already gone and the apathy will continue to grow over the next year or so. Not sure what or if any rally could accomplish.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Screeme
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      I am not local (anymore) but I get the feeling that now this has been announced, the average San Diegan will think of them as already gone and the apathy will continue to grow over the next year or so. Not sure what or if any rally could accomplish.
      Funny.. Also not local, but my reaction was the exact opposite. Maybe people will finally realize this could really happen and get off their rusty dusty's and do something.

Comment

• BoltBacker
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Las Vegas, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
        Funny.. Also not local, but my reaction was the exact opposite. Maybe people will finally realize this could really happen and get off their rusty dusty's and do something.
        I agree with your point. If the opposite is true then maybe an NFL team in San Diego is not meant to be. The cost of doing business with the NFL is what it is. Not about fairness or any of that crap, it is business and Spanos has the leverage and would be stupid not to use it.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

I keep hearing the radio guys say this is on the fans, if the Chargers leave. But I'm wondering what the fans are supposed to do here. Are they suggesting hounding elected representatives to make it appear we are a majority of voters? So if the voters convince the reps that this is what the city wants, are they supposed to pursue a bad deal for the city?

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
            I keep hearing the radio guys say this is on the fans, if the Chargers leave. But I'm wondering what the fans are supposed to do here. Are they suggesting hounding elected representatives to make it appear we are a majority of voters? So if the voters convince the reps that this is what the city wants, are they supposed to pursue a bad deal for the city?
            I haven't heard anyone on the radio say it's on the fans. Most blame the city, some blame the Chargers.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

I think they're more using it as a rallying cry. The loose cannons yesterday, and Dave and Jeff this morning. They were saying (paraphrased) "If the Chargers leave, Charger fans will need to look in the mirror when looking for who to blame.". I heard it like 10 times. I'm just asking in response, what are the fans supposed to do? This is a nuanced issue, I don't support giving the Chargers a stadium at any cost.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Kreonky forced their hand. Its do or die time and IMO a privet group with no athorety is a non starter that fails to recognize the reality that time is short. Too short to think ANYTHING can be done in San Diego.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Saw this posted on the chargers.com forums but I don't know how legit it is. The link to the Facebook event doesn't work.

I think the big event to attend is the public forum meeting on March 2nd.

Regardless of your viewpoints on the whole LA debate, now is your time to support the Chargers staying in San Diego. Boltblitz.com is hosting their fan meetup this Saturday (2-21-15). Members from the team and some surprise guests will be showing up. Come out and show your support.

Event info below:

Date: 2/21/15

Time: 3:00pm

Where: Lucky Bast*rd Saloon
                  840 Fifth Ave (Between E & F St), San Diego, California 92101

FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/9257...ilter=upcoming

Last edited by TTK; 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Where do I sign up for the field trip to Carson? Maybe we can stop at IKEA.

What a shithole.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

On a good day you can smell the canneries in San Pedro...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

That press conference was the most Mickey Mouse thing I've ever seen. The dude with the half Charger, half Raider jersey should be flogged.

Comment

Working...
                        X