• Show
Clear All
  • Boltsfan70
    East Coast Chargers Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
    • Send PM

Bolts Interested In OT Alejandro Villanueva

I still want us to sign him to make our draft wide open to pick BPA first round. Can get solid Ol and Cb in rounds 2-3. If BPA in round 1 is CB or OL that is a bonus.

• Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

as the potential RT or depth on a team friendly deal, can't play LT anymore

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      If he wants to sign a $3-4m contract - very team friendly - I might look into him (or other vet OT types). Still doesn't change the fact that Telesco needs to get OT by R2 - preferably for me R1

Though - it would be nice to have a better LT option in place before the draf to allow Telesco the flexibility to maybe go say CB in R1 and OT in R2

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        idk.
        I only want him if he’s a serviceable LT
        If our reported interest is legitimate, than I assume he can, because I doubt we’re interested in him as a backup RT, we basically have that in Feiler.
        I’ll be okay either way.
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Tevi > Villanueva at this point in their careers. True statement or false?

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

I would put Feiler at RT day1 if he does it better than Bulaga, especially knowing Bulaga will likely miss games. What position did he play in Pitt last year? I know he was the RT a few years ago.
            Start Bulaga and Aboushi at guard. Maybe Lamp will be resigned at the minimum for depth?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Why would we pay a grip of cash for the most washed up tackle in FA and play him at our greatest positional deficit when we can draft a fresh, super talented player for next to nothing?

Theres plenty of talented 1-2nd round tackles in this draft. Immediate starters. Don’t worry about reaching a spot or two.

Here’s a little secret they don’t want you to know:

The draft is an inexact science.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I would say true.

Tevi, as bad as he was is still somewhat improving. His 2020 season was a bit better then 19.

The same can not be said about Villa.....his play is declining.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

I get it, Villanueva's play is declining and it is noticeable. But lets back off of the hyperbole and put down the illegal substances for a moment. It would take several more seasons of rapid declining for him to perform below Tevi. Tevi was the Feeney of left tackles, his best day is 99% of the rest of the leagues LT's bad days.

That being said I do not want us to sign Villanueva, I just wanted to pump the brakes on the insanity for a bit.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                    #болтап
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

hard-no.jpg

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Tevi is gone...signed by the Colts...

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

All the talk about Villanueva declining, and allowing all those pressures, had me ready for us to re-sign Tevi as a backup, but obviously that ship has sailed. However, after looking into it a little bit more, Villanueva might be the best way to go. Last year, PFF had him graded at 74.6 overall...Tevi was 52.9. Also, while he did have 43 pressures allowed, he only allowed one more sack than Tevi, with roughly the same number of snaps. Seeing that, it's easy to buy into the idea that all those pressures allowed were morso the result of Big Ben holding the ball too long. I've heard Kelly's name thrown around a little bit, I don't know too much about him, but Villanueva has played LT his whole career, while Kelly is more of a RT, who has played some LT, so I don't know how good he would be in that role.

I think we should sign Villanueva if we could get him on an affordable enough contract, and most definitely pick a LT in the draft, 1st round, given the market, and depth of CBs in this class. Then, we would have Villanueva in case of injury, or if it turns out our rookie needs a little time to develop.

Comment

Working...
                        X