• Show
Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    Gotta ask. Are you still a Cowboys fan? If not, why? When did you start following the Cowboys? Did Herbert make you want to follow the Bolts?
    The 'Boys are a beat down. Jerry Jones is a drunk dufuss, and the Jones family runs the franchise as a personal hobby.

I graduated from UCLA and moved to Dallas, and one year later Troy Aikman did the same thing. It was easy to become a fan, with him and Jimmy and all those stars. But it's been a perpetual bummer since then.

The last few years I started to find other teams I enjoy and follow. Still #1 w/Boys but had secondary favs. This year with Justin the Chargers became a real joy to watch, so I decided to jump camps fully.
    Last edited by DragonIce; 04-01-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• DragonIce
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      I go way back to 09 to the AFC Championship game in NE. Rivers plays on a torn acl and no LT.
      May have won it all that year if healthy.
      Guessing the Chargers may be the most injured team since then?
      That was a heart-breaker. I remember watching that game and pulling for S.D.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
        This is the kind of thing an analytics department comes up with. I was disappointed to learn that the Chargers have a very small analytics group.

"Next man up" is a nice slogan... for coach's speeches and media interviews.

There simply isn't going to be a good replacement when a guy like Derwin James goes down.
        It depends. There is ALWAYS going to be a drop off when an all pro goes down. We have a tendency to have guys who are borderline not being on other rosters being forced into starters positions. 2 years ago, James went down, and Adrian Phillips went on to have a pretty good game to start the season. However, he got hurt and Roderic Teamer and Jaylen Watkins had to fill in after that, and while Watkins had some moments, Teamer never was able to find the magic he showed in preseason, and we mostly exploited.

One injury is tough, but teams do overcome that kind of problem. If Phillips had stayed healthy, we might have been able to. When Billy Ray Smith went down, and Henry Rollings stepped up is another example.

A second injury to any position group is likely the kiss of death. No team can be reasonably expected to have that much depth to overcome 2 missing starters among a single meeting room.

We could use more depth to keep players fresher. Pass rushers, in particular will be gassed at the end of the game if they have to play the whole game. There is simply no human being who can play hard on the other downs and still have the burst left in their legs. No amount of conditioning will allow a DL to be as big as he needs to be and still have the burst they need to close with the QB unless they have someone to rotate with them.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/justin-herb...nderella-squad

Interesting article about Chargers potentially being Cinderella pick to vastly improve..

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Interesting article about Chargers potentially being Cinderella pick to vastly improve..

Yeah, I saw that this evening. Great time to be PB fan.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

It will be really difficult NOT to improve from where we were last season. 17 games makes it far more likely as well. The issue will be how we fair against the Chiefs, who are the barometer of what a great team is in the AFC. Looking at how we played them strongly in Mexico city in 2019 as well as Herberts first game and including beating their backups in the final game. I'd say that the chances are looking good.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

It will be really difficult NOT to improve from where we were last season. 17 games makes it far more likely as well. The issue will be how we fair against the Chiefs, who are the barometer of what a great team is in the AFC. Looking at how we played them strongly in Mexico city in 2019 as well as Herberts first game and including beating their backups in the final game. I'd say that the chances are looking good.
                Bring 'em on! :fight:

Comment

Working...
                X