Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Looks like 1.5 mil plus incentives.
    really good value at that price

there were always going to be bargains from now on because players will want to get paid something before the draft. Malcolm Butler signed for $3.5 with a max of $6 so CB - if Telesco goes that route - shouldn't be too pricey

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

His highlight video makes him look like Joey Bosa.
      Really, because I don't see anything that makes him look like Bosa.

He looks like an effort guy who only gets sacks/pressures on plays where the QB holds the ball too long.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Looks like 1.5 mil plus incentives.
        Sounds like a steal to me. I think there will be more bargains like this to come. I'd rather sign 2-3 guys like this at several positions and see who gets the scheme and plays best than 1 higher end guy at those same positions.

Defense is highly variable year to year and health matters a ton. Getting a lot of guys and playing the guy who is having the career year the most snaps seems like a decent strategy. I think we'll have the roster spots.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Really, because I don't see anything that makes him look like Bosa.

He looks like an effort guy who only gets sacks/pressures on plays where the QB holds the ball too long.
          That kind of player got 64 mil from the Rams lol. Over paid in my view.

Ironic that Floyd got half his sacks against the team whose QB is usually sacked the most every season because he holds the ball too long.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That kind of player got 64 mil from the Rams lol. Over paid in my view.

Ironic that Floyd got half his sacks against the team whose QB is usually sacked the most every season because he holds the ball too long.
            Hey now... Bosa got his 3 sacks against Josh Allen

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Interesting vid on how Sackwell was used as a spy vs. mobile QB's...our answer to Mahomes?

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Staley loves to rush an extra LB to occupy blockers to keep Floyd and Donald isolated one on one. Then that guy slides into the open spaces to squeeze down the rush lanes. It doesn't stop everything, but there are a lot of the runs the QB just gets a couple of yards and then is forced to punt or is behind on down/distance. That is a lot of how Murray was asked to do in Oklahoma, rather than drop into coverage, although OU had him back further so that it didn't tie up a blocker.

Fackrell should be a good fit to this, as well as lining up in the base 34 outside of Bosa.

It's funny that that Twitter clip didn't show any examples of Fackrell doing that.

The Rams D was as much about forcing the other teams QB to hold the ball, and give the rushers a chance to get after the QB. And since they know there is a spy there, scrambling isn't an option, you get in their heads and they start making bad decisions or no decisions ... which leads to more sacks.

Add in the fact Staley's secondary in the cover 2 shell/split S combo's and man coverage are all disguised to show the immediate post snap read to look alike, so the QB needs to hold the ball longer to see the secondary commit, and it gives the rushers more and more time to get to the QB.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

His PFF numbers.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.27.49 PM.png

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    He has had as many sacks in a season(10.5) as Mel has making 62 million.
                    Cmon Giants call Mel and after him 15 mil to keep pace with your other spending.
                    Whoa 10.5 sacks in 2018? Can we still source his discontinued steroids, asking for a friend. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X