X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Staley is going to give the guys who remain on the roster a chance to compete. They can cut the one they don't like whether before or after roster cutdowns.

I don't really trust Chris Harris to be the slot corner. He's living on reputation just like Hayward was.
    I guess the issue for me is that it is not obvious that Campbell would not be competitive with a number of the CBs that are on the roster (like 4 of them). And that does not even count Harris, who is in decline as you have suggested.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      That gives the Chargers six CBs on the roster: Michael Davis, Chris Harris, Brandon Facyson, John Brannon, Donte Vaughn, Ryan Smith. Plus they will presumably be signing or drafting another CB to start on the outside when Harris plays the slot. Does that mean that they won't be re-signing exclusive rights free agent Tevaughn Campbell? It probably doesn't matter much.
      Tevaughn Campbell contract and salary cap details, including signing bonus, guaranteed salary, dead money, roster bonuses, and contract history

He is signed for this year! He's fast! Had a good game vs J-E-T-S. Promising. New/better CB coach and better DC/defensive minded HC. He could blossom even more.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
        https://overthecap.com/player/tevaughn-campbell/7742/

He is signed for this year! He's fast! Had a good game vs J-E-T-S. Promising. New/better CB coach and better DC/defensive minded HC. He could blossom even more.
        Popper from The Athletic told me he was a free agent. However, this article quotes his agent as saying he re-signed with the Chargers in February:

But the Chargers haven't announced the transaction, so I don't know what to think. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

My guess is that Staley likes Campbell for his scheme.
          Just a hunch.
          An instinctive hunch.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
          X