Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah even gifs will create a flame war. Just how extreme its become. I try to run a 100% politics free forum now. lol

Thanks dude.
    So sad that this is the way things have to be now days.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah even gifs will create a flame war. Just how extreme its become. I try to run a 100% politics free forum now. lol

Thanks dude.
      Forums are always a hair away from a flame war anyway. Add political fuel to the fire and forget it. If people want to talk politics there are many political sites to go to, but if you want to talk some Chargers ball you shouldn’t have to wade through the piles of political shit to get there. Well done Fleet.

Comment

• Fleet
        Fleet commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man
    • like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

California AG Rob Bonta gets involved in Spanos family dispute over Chargers

The ownership dispute within the Los Angeles Chargers is now seeing involvement from the California Attorney General.

According to Daniel Popper of TheAthletic.com, California AG Rob Bonta filed court papers to become involved in the legal filings between Dea Spanos Berberian and her siblings over the future of the franchise. Berberian has sought to have the 36 percent stake of the team controlled by the Spanos trust sold as she claims the team is unable to fulfill its financial commitments to charitable causes due to the debt of the franchise.

Dean Spanos, Alexis Spanos Ruhl and Michael Spanos have stated they will not be selling any aspect of the team and disagree with their sister’s stance about the franchise.

They also disagree on what exactly the AG’s involvement in the dispute implies for the case at hand.

“The AG generally doesn’t do this unless it has real concerns,” Berberian’s lawyer Adams Streisand said. “The AG has the right to support our petition or to file its own petition seeking to compel the sale. It also has the right to take action against the trustees that can amount to substantial civil penalties. The AG can seek to have the trustees removed from office so that trustees can be in place who can be relied on to take appropriate action.”

A named source close to the team told Popper a different tune for the involvement.

“The California State Attorney General traditionally watches out for the interests of California-based charities in these types of cases, to make sure the interests of the charities are protected,” this source wrote in an email. “This is a well-established rule played by the State AG in similar cases.

“The State AG in this case is NOT seeking to intervene — in other words, the AG is not seeking to become a party to the case. … Instead, what the State AG is asking for is to receive notice of everything filed in this case. … The four charities involved here have all agreed/understand that the remaining monies due under the pledges will be paid once the trust settles up with the IRS.”
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Interesting. So two completely different points of view. Dea Spanos is saying the franchise is so broke they can't even honor their charity pledges of money.

Dean, Alex and Michael is saying their is absolutely no problem with financials of the franchise.

I wonder which one is right ?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
          Interesting. So two completely different points of view. Dea Spanos is saying the franchise is so broke they can't even honor their charity pledges of money.

Dean, Alex and Michael is saying their is absolutely no problem with financials of the franchise.

I wonder which one is right ?
          Probably like everything - some where in between.

But if you told me Dean mismanaged funds and not in the best shape financially - I probably would believe it

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

How many are hoping the sister wins and the judge orders them to sell the team?
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I certainly am!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                As long as we don’t rebrand. That would end my fandom.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I'm remembering how happy we were when Klein sold the team to Spanos. Now we know that Spanos isn't much better, if any, than Klein was. If this happens I hope they get a better owner this time.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Probably like everything - some where in between.

But if you told me Dean mismanaged funds and not in the best shape financially - I probably would believe it
                    One indication to look for is to see if the charities received their money. They could make a public stink if they don't get it, causing embarrassment to Dean.

If they get their money then Dean could be right

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I'm remembering how happy we were when Klein sold the team to Spanos. Now we know that Spanos isn't much better, if any, than Klein was. If this happens I hope they get a better owner this time.
                      Based upon my understanding, there is basically a zero percent chance of there being any sale of part of the team that will affect the controlling ownership of the team. The other three trustees claim to have the right under the terms by which the trust is held to acquire the 9% share of the sister wanting to sell. If they have that right, they will exercise it and that is pretty much the end of the story. Exercising such a right would not require NFL approval.

Even if they do not, the NFL has to approve any new owners and Dean Spanos has been a loyal owner. I could very easily see an attempted involuntary sale to any third party over the objection of a financially capable Dean Spanos being rejected out of hand by the league's owners, essentially forcing a sale to Dean Spanos or no sale at all.

This is a non-issue.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

And Popper needs more YouTube subscribers.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡