Nothing, absolutely nothing!

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
      Nobody loves Melvin Gordon more than the president of his fan club: Melvin Gordon.
      Fathers should tell their daughters, you need to find yourself a man who loves you like Melvin Gordon loves Melvin Gordon.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

You guys are brutal. Put tape over that dramatic headline, he didn’t say all that much. Last year was a weird, long, shitty year for a lot of people, He’s people too.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Fathers should tell their daughters, you need to find yourself a man who loves you like Melvin Gordon loves Melvin Gordon.
          Made me lol
          Thanks
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            You guys are brutal. Put tape over that dramatic headline, he didn’t say all that much. Last year was a weird, long, shitty year for a lot of people, He’s people too.
            You’re right, just poking a little fun.
            Even at his age, dude clearly can use a little mentoring beyond his infamously, obsessive father who looks to be living out his dreams through his son.
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I think what bothers a lot of us is that Gordon stubbornly engaged in that lame holdout, even though TT reportedly made a very decent offer to him. This ended up affecting the team for the worse. Then when Mel DID come back, it took him weeks to get into football shape, probably causing a few more losses. then he makes lame comments like this:

"I am not going to lie. Just cause a lot of fans and a lot of people weren't too happy with me coming in and Phil wanting to get paid and everything like that. I was like, Look man, I had no parts in that. I wanted to be here and they wanted me to be here. It was a mutual thing and it kind of just happened. It was tough, man, because I felt like a lot of people didn't accept me."

Then, when Mel equates his own situation to Rivers's contract, this is just plain delusional. When he also says "a lot of people didn't accept me," he is failing to recognize the damage he did to his own team, and also the credibility he lost from us, the fans. Nothing personal, it's a BUSINESS. If he didn't like the deal he had, he should have just quietly finished his contract, then moved on to test the FA market. But no. He had to turn this whole situation into some kind of personal issue. Like I said, the dude has a serious persecution complex--and he brings most of his woes on himself by his own foolish actions. The fact that he is still whining to the press about this is further evidence of his classic headcase status...
              Last edited by Topcat; 04-21-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

I think Gordon will be great match for a team that can believe in him, support him and have OC who believes in running.
                yes MG will sign with Lions next year.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Headline Reporter: What's up, can a headline reporter come up in your crib?

Melvin Gordon: Man F U, I'll see you at work.

Headline Reporter: Ah Melvin don't hate me because I'm beautiful Melvin. Maybe if you got rid of that stupid dread you got you'd get some money on your deposit. Oh, better yet, maybe Philip Rivers will call your dog ass if he ever stop getting it on with that wife he keeps making children with....... Badger!

Melvin Gordon: What?!

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

I know everyone was scratching their head when he didnt score one damn touchdown his 1st year.

He's probably fumbling as we speak.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Wonder ;if he watched JH's season and was like "F#@K I Effed up bad!":facepalm1:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think what bothers a lot of us is that Gordon stubbornly engaged in that lame holdout, even though TT reportedly made a very decent offer to him. This ended up affecting the team for the worse. Then when Mel DID come back, it took him weeks to get into football shape, probably causing a few more losses. then he makes lame comments like this:

"I am not going to lie. Just cause a lot of fans and a lot of people weren't too happy with me coming in and Phil wanting to get paid and everything like that. I was like, Look man, I had no parts in that. I wanted to be here and they wanted me to be here. It was a mutual thing and it kind of just happened. It was tough, man, because I felt like a lot of people didn't accept me."

Then, when Mel equates his own situation to Rivers's contract, this is just plain delusional. When he also says "a lot of people didn't accept me," he is failing to recognize the damage he did to his own team, and also the credibility he lost from us, the fans. Nothing personal, it's a BUSINESS. If he didn't like the deal he had, he should have just quietly finished his contract, then moved on to test the FA market. But no. He had to turn this whole situation into some kind of personal issue. Like I said, the dude has a serious persecution complex--and he brings most of his woes on himself by he own foolish actions. The fact that he is still whining to the press about this is further evidence of his classic headcase status...
                        I get what bugs folks. His hold out hurt the team, but hurt him more. It was a decisively bad strategy that blew up in his face and may go down as the single mistake that ruined his otherwise middling-just-above-average career. He’s not the first guy to hold out. I don’t see a lot of Gates-hate on the forum, he arguably cost us the playoffs when he held out.

Its a business, guys need to maximize what they get as that window closes very quickly. There is zero fucking loyalty or love by teams to players that no longe are useful or fit their plan, the entire loyalty emotion too often on the forum is pollyanna failure to recognize this is a billion dollar business.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Shumway
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Perth Australia
                          • Send PM

I get what bugs folks. His hold out hurt the team, but hurt him more. It was a decisively bad strategy that blew up in his face and may go down as the single mistake that ruined his otherwise middling-just-above-average career. He’s not the first guy to hold out. I don’t see a lot of Gates-hate on the forum, he arguably cost us the playoffs when he held out.

Its a business, guys need to maximize what they get as that window closes very quickly. There is zero fucking loyalty or love by teams to players that no longe are useful or fit their plan, the entire loyalty emotion too often on the forum is pollyanna failure to recognize this is a billion dollar business.
                          But if we should remove the emotion to a degree and recognise the commercial realities of the players fighting for their careers, can’t we also expect the players to act like the highly paid professionals that they are? If I went to work and complained in a public platform that people didn’t accept me and that I was sick of being under appreciated, then I’d expect they’d rightly criticise me for being a bit of a baby and demand that I get on with working and earning my lucrative salary.

Comment

Working...
                          X