• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

So a guy has a 75-3 record and you are concerned about a few quotes in a magazine? Without nfl coaching the kid has outperformed the market on a ho hum attitude. Perhaps you might look at him as whats going to happen when he grows into a professional attitude?

I wont say hes a cant miss player guaranteed of anything but he has a stellar resume. He just got married which tends to be a stabilizing force force for players maturity wise. Id pick him #1. He has a good shot at success other than the Jags decimated their defense after being a championship caliber team so they are in major rebuild mode now. The ? is are the Jags the right team and offensive philosophy for success of this kid?

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I think our players don't need to be "competitive"...

As long as they want to improve, it is enough for me.

(That's why I became Herbert's fan since he always said that he/we can/will improve...)

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Trey Lawerence looks ready for a fall. So much hype, so much bravado , so much money. One of these guys has to hit the NFL wall. Might as well be him, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
          There is no chance that Lawrence will live up to all HYPE he received
          Actually, his likely value has been significantly understated. The Jags are terrible, so it may not show right away, but he has better natural talent as both a passer and runner than Herbert does. He really would have been the #1 player taken in any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 drafts had he been eligible for the first two.

The statement that he is the best prospect since Luck undervalues Lawrence. He is almost certainly going to be much better than Luck.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Actually, his likely value has been significantly understated. The Jags are terrible, so it may not show right away, but he has better natural talent as both a passer and runner than Herbert does. He really would have been the #1 player taken in any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 drafts had he been eligible for the first two.

The statement that he is the best prospect since Luck undervalues Lawrence. He is almost certainly going to be much better than Luck.
            Technically that is not possible. People have been slobbing all over his knob for some time now. If he does not win more SB's than Brady and pass for more yards than Brees for their careers then he will be a draft bust based on the hype.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Technically that is not possible. People have been slobbing all over his knob for some time now. If he does not win more SB's than Brady and pass for more yards than Brees for their careers then he will be a draft bust based on the hype.
              That right there could get to him. We will surety know ...when the bullet hits the bone.
              Last edited by Caslon; 05-09-2021, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I don't care at all if Lawrence is a bust. He isn't our QB but id say I don't think he will be a bust. He has the goods, just needs to work at it.

I think Wilson and Lance are possible busts. More so Lance.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I like Fields as a prospect. I’m not sure he’s in a good situation to help him succeed. I do think Lance is in a good situation.

Comment

A QB's team winning a Super Bowl does not establish how good the QB is. SB history is littered with lesser QBs that were on SB winning teams (Eli Manning (x2), Plunkett (x2), Dilfer, Williams, and many more). So, anyone pegging QB greatness to his team's Super Bowl wins is already not examining the quality of the QB's play correctly.

Also, the majority of individuals have stated that Lawrence is the best QB entering the NFL since Luck. Thus, the majority of individuals have undervalued Lawrence as Lawrence should be much better than Luck, who was always overrated. You need to go back further than Luck in terms of the QB prospects.

Elway was the most hyped QB ever. He is an example of a QB that was not as good as his considerable hype and also an example of one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

Further, some actually have made the ridiculous statement that Burrow is better than Lawrence. That hugely undervalues Lawrence. That is actually slap in the face level undervaluing of Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      I don't care at all if Lawrence is a bust. He isn't our QB but id say I don't think he will be a bust. He has the goods, just needs to work at it.

I think Wilson and Lance are possible busts. More so Lance.
                      I agree that Lawrence has all of the tools. He is by far the best prospect.

I think Fields is easily the second best prospect.

Jones is limited and scheme dependent. The McDaniels offense is a good fit for him.

I agree that Lance and Wilson carry the greatest bust potential, but I think they also have more upside than Jones.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

They could have been adding a reach-around finger fondle.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

A QB's team winning a Super Bowl does not establish how good the QB is. SB history is littered with lesser QBs that were on SB winning teams (Eli Manning (x2), Plunkett (x2), Dilfer, Williams, and many more). So, anyone pegging QB greatness to his team's Super Bowl wins is already not examining the quality of the QB's play correctly.

Also, the majority of individuals have stated that Lawrence is the best QB entering the NFL since Luck. Thus, the majority of individuals have undervalued Lawrence as Lawrence should be much better than Luck, who was always overrated. You need to go back further than Luck in terms of the QB prospects.

Elway was the most hyped QB ever. He is an example of a QB that was not as good as his considerable hype and also an example of one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

Further, some actually have made the ridiculous statement that Burrow is better than Lawrence. That hugely undervalues Lawrence. That is actually slap in the face level undervaluing of Lawrence.
                          Too many people are slobbing all over his knob. Ill wait until I actually see him play before I crown him the GOAT over Montana and Brady.

Comment

Working...
                          X