Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    If Walker Little is available at #77 do we make that pick? Let him compete? Slater to RG if Little wins??
    I got no problem with that....I don't think Walker beats him out this year...and if Slater is successful, who is to say Little can't play the right side after Buluga is done? Two good tackle prospects only upgrades the overall talent in that oline room.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

I can't argue with that list. Solid!
      I should probably add Holland.

Moehrig would be the best, but let’s be realistic.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Good question. I think the problem is Slater is being listed as a LT. As a LT, its a B. But I think your point is well taken, that if you view his positional versatility and that he will likely be a great G, then an A in that regard. Except he was taken early for a guard, so that drops him a bit to maybe a B+. To me, this is where grades get tricky and aren't very helpful.
        Quentin Nelson wasn’t an A+ pick by the colts? He was selected much higher purely as a guard and I don’t think anyone that has seen him play a snap of football would grade him as anything other than an A+ as an all pro guard.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Who’d you want at 13 AK?
          Honestly, I wanted to trade down several times and get more picks. I wanted either Jenkins or Radunz or Newsome late 1st or early second. Someone gave me a hard time today when I said that and told me Jenkins wouldn't be there: appears he was. Of course, that is assuming you have someone to trade with. If forced to pick at 13, I liked Paye.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Quentin Nelson wasn’t an A+ pick by the colts? He was selected much higher purely as a guard and I don’t think anyone that has seen him play a snap of football would grade him as anything other than an A+ as an all pro guard.
            Look, I said Slater will be an all pro G. But he isn't Nelson. Not close. And he hasn't played football in a year. Slater's best college film was in a game where his team lost by 49 points. I think the pick is a B if you think he is a LT and a B+ if a guard. The grades are all silly anyway, as I noted. I think Slater will be good. Nelson good? Nope. But still a likely all pro, which is better than Telesco normally drafts.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Leatherwood has measurables for T and started at Alabama. I think they got it right, as Slater is more a G and Leatherwood a clear LT.
              Leatherwood will not hold up at OLT. He’ll kick inside. He doesn’t have the feet, set points,angles, or recover agility.

Im not sold that Slater can hold up @OLT but he’ll be ten-times the OT Leatherwood could be.
              Slater needs to put on mass via his proday weight to gain traction in his anchor but he has very few other limitations other than arm length. His impeccable technique with both his hands/feet in unison is amazing, this mitigates opponents superior length.
              Would like him to play at 315#-320#.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Again.... an all pro is a B grade for you?
                You have to be HOF to get an A. He does not grade on a curve.

BTW Pro Bowl only gets you a C.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Leatherwood will not hold up at OLT. He’ll kick inside. He doesn’t have the feet, set points,angles, or recover agility.

Im not sold that Slater can hold up @OLT but he’ll be ten-times the OT Leatherwood could be.
                  Slater needs to put on mass via his proday weight to gain traction in his anchor but he has very few other limitations other than arm length. His impeccable technique with both his hands/feet in unison is amazing, this mitigates opponents superior length.
                  Nice post. In 2021 I’m just hoping Slater is an improvement over Tevi. In his rookie year I doubt he’ll be as good as Wills, Becton, or Wirfs. Solid is what I want, and steady improvement from there.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Any list of bpa yet?
                    from fellow bftb friends.
                    I think defense is the way to go now.
                    Thats stating the obvious though.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Honestly, I wanted to trade down several times and get more picks. I wanted either Jenkins or Radunz or Newsome late 1st or early second. Someone gave me a hard time today when I said that and told me Jenkins wouldn't be there: appears he was. Of course, that is assuming you have someone to trade with. If forced to pick at 13, I liked Paye.
                      Look at the bright side...at least we didn't do anything stupid and move up in the draft and kill our second rounder.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I think that #315-#320 is not too far off.

2 areas. First is the speed rush. He's probably the best OT prospect in sliding protection and maintaining balance one-on-one against speed edge rushers. Second is against bull rushes. He seems to anchor well. BUT...Does anyone have any clips of him getting pushed back on sleds?

Point being I want examples of him getting beat off the edge by pure speed...and examples of him getting pushed back into the QB/pocket.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Look, I said Slater will be an all pro G. But he isn't Nelson. Not close. And he hasn't played football in a year. Slater's best college film was in a game where his team lost by 49 points. I think the pick is a B if you think he is a LT and a B+ if a guard. The grades are all silly anyway, as I noted. I think Slater will be good. Nelson good? Nope. But still a likely all pro, which is better than Telesco normally drafts.
                          Ah so an OROY, DROY, and 1st team all pro as a rookie in the last 5 years aren’t impressive to you? Cause that’s how TT normally drafts.

Comment

Working...
                          X