• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalDan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Was that a 15 yard penalty, like for his bro? Such bullshit …
    Interesting how PFF has him rated higher than Slater even though he allowed a sack, allowed a tackle for a loss, and a pressure. Hm.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

May be the pick of the draft. Not just out picks, but the entire draft. He went up against some good competition this week and was solid. Not bad for a guy who hadn't played a snap in a real game in 20 months.

Comment

• SoCalDan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
        May be the pick of the draft. Not just out picks, but the entire draft. He went up against some good competition this week and was solid. Not bad for a guy who hadn't played a snap in a real game in 20 months.
        Totally agree with you. It wasn't just against Young either. Some said, " let's see it against someone other than Young" he actually did do it against other DEs. Was unsure of this pick, honestly. Wanted Penei, but...he has shown a lot so far.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
          TT has picked what looks like best 2 players at the most important positions on the team in the last two drafts.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SoCalDan View Post
            First post! Good to be at a Chargers forum again, was on the official one till it was gone. Or maybe I couldn't find it again for whatever reason. Glad to see Slater did so incredibly well. Hope he can continue to protect Herbert. Was a great game yesterday. #BoltUp
            Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Staley seems to have found the way to get some of the usual knuckleheads to get their heads out of their asses. They looked a little lost on the 2nd and 3rd drives of the game, but other than that, they really seem to lack the usual Charger stupid play and lack of urgency. It's kinda nice.
              There was the play in the second drive, Herbie was waving for the call, it came late, he had to hurry the snap, I think Rountree gained 3 yards but that series ended in a punt and it took another quarter or so for the players to get the their mojo back. On the coaches, hope they do better against Dallas.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

TT has picked what looks like best 2 players at the most important positions on the team in the last two drafts.
                I don't get it. If I were to tell Chargers fans 2 years ago that the Chargers will end up having a top 7 QB, top 7 LT, and top 7 pass rusher....oh and our best HC since Bobby Ross.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Those picks don't count because they were "obvious".

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SoCalDan View Post
                    Totally agree with you. It wasn't just against Young either. Some said, " let's see it against someone other than Young" he actually did do it against other DEs.
                    Many regard Montez Sweat as a better pass rusher than Young, at least for now. Slater smoked them both. Watching the film I seriously started asking: Are the WFT dudes not trying 100%?! I did truly and sincerely ask myself this.

It was not only dominance, it looked so effortless...I was asking repeatedly: Are the WFT dudes not trying 100%?! Does Slater have strange AI mental-war-game powers? It was just WEIRD, it was so beautifully and almost casually dominant.

Casual dominance, you ask? Puts opposers in slow mo. Like this:
                    keanu reeves 90s GIF
                    Last edited by DragonIce; 09-15-2021, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I don't get it. If I were to tell Chargers fans 2 years ago that the Chargers will end up having a top 5 QB, top 5 LT, and top 5 pass rusher....oh and the best HC since Bill Belichick's prime.

Fixed few little typos you had. But hell yeah to your post. Props!

Some fans are are tepid, some sleepy, some droopy, some in a shell. Sure wish they exuded more love, life, passion. This drove me nuts with Dallas fans too. They sit on their butts at the stadium. My style of fan is KC, Pittsburg, or Seattle's 12th man. Imagine actually impacting your team, willing them, pushing them to victory--and being a very real part of it.

Seattle's 12th man isn't a gimmick. They make a difference...and have so much more fun because they are invested.

Rise Up. Bolt Up.
                      Last edited by DragonIce; 09-15-2021, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Fixed few little typos you had. But hell yeah to your post. Props!

Some fans are are tepid, some sleepy, some droopy, some in a shell. Sure wish they exuded more love, life, passion. This drove me nuts with Dallas fans too. They sit on their butts at the stadium. My style of fan is KC, Pittsburg, or Seattle's 12th man. Imagine actually impacting your team, willing them, pushing them to victory--and being a very real part of it.

Seattle's 12th man isn't a gimmick. They make a difference...and have so much more fun because they are invested.

Rise Up. Bolt Up.
                        I went to my first Charger game as a kid when I was 10. I just turned 60 so I have literally had 50 years of disappointment, suffering and soul crushing losses.

I have not been this excited about a team and coaching staff since the Air Coryell days.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Many regard Montez Sweat as a better pass rusher than Young, at least for now. Slater smoked them both. Watching the film I seriously started asking: Are the WFT dudes not trying 100%?! I did truly and sincerely ask myself this.

It was not only dominance, it looked so effortless...I was asking repeatedly: Are the WFT dudes not trying 100%?! Does Slater have strange AI mental-war-game powers? It was just WEIRD, it was so beautifully and almost casually dominant.

Casual dominance, you ask? Puts opposers in slow mo. Like this:
                          keanu reeves 90s GIF
                          And yet Penei Sewell had a higher PFF rating for week #1.
                          What did Slater do wrong? Maybe lack of effort by defenders goes into their ratings.

Comment

Working...
                          X