• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yep, tempering my excitement on Slater, the team and Coach Staley. So far so good this year, but its only one game. I'm like Rich... 48 years of being a fan since I was a kid (going back to the Deacon Jones appearance) its very easy to be jaded, especially with this team history.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Yep, tempering my excitement on Slater, the team and Coach Staley. So far so good this year, but its only one game. I'm like Rich... 48 years of being a fan since I was a kid (going back to the Deacon Jones appearance) its very easy to be jaded, especially with this team history.
      New culture as another poster suggested no more turtling from this team so in reciprocation no turtling from its fans. All hail Staley :youaretheman:

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Fixed few little typos you had. But hell yeah to your post. Props!

Some fans are are tepid, some sleepy, some droopy, some in a shell. Sure wish they exuded more love, life, passion. This drove me nuts with Dallas fans too. They sit on their butts at the stadium. My style of fan is KC, Pittsburg, or Seattle's 12th man. Imagine actually impacting your team, willing them, pushing them to victory--and being a very real part of it.

Seattle's 12th man isn't a gimmick. They make a difference...and have so much more fun because they are invested.

Rise Up. Bolt Up.
        LOL. I was going to say top 5 across the board.....but as I was typing it I had to step back and double check it. Man we've got cornerstone pieces. Al NFL teams work on getting the Franchise QB, a top rated pass rusher and a top rated LT. It could take a decade just to find one of those pieces. We got all 3!

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

42 years of charger fandom for me. However, I am not jaded. I've also been a Toronto Maple leaf fan even a few years more. The Leafs have never made a Stanley cup appearance since before I was born in 1970.

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And yet Penei Sewell had a higher PFF rating for week #1.
            What did Slater do wrong? Maybe lack of effort by defenders goes into their ratings.
            I've wondered the same thing. Several PFF guys were profuse in their praise of Slater in weekly YouTube shows; woulda expected higher score.

Slater's score was good--better than Young--just not great. :thinking:

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I went to my first Charger game as a kid when I was 10. I just turned 60 so I have literally had 50 years of disappointment, suffering and soul crushing losses.

I have not been this excited about a team and coaching staff since the Air Coryell days.
              I just turned 60 myself (last month). I still think we are one year away, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Wow. So many of us in this same group. What gluttons for punishment we are! Or perhaps I should say, what loyal friends we are. Not being from San Diego I always have to explain to others my allegiance to our team.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I just turned 60 myself (last month). I still think we are one year away, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this.
                  No shit! I’ll take as many Ws this season as this very solid team can get. Yes!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

New culture as another poster suggested no more turtling from this team so in reciprocation no turtling from its fans. All hail Staley :youaretheman:
                    Finally, a coaching staff that won't have their pants pulled down and seltzer squirted in their face by Bill Belichick.

Comment

• boldarblood
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I went to my first Charger game as a kid when I was 10. I just turned 60 so I have literally had 50 years of disappointment, suffering and soul crushing losses.

I have not been this excited about a team and coaching staff since the Air Coryell days.

Got me beat on time, 40 years.

And I completely agree with you, most excited than I can really remember. Have to give Dean and TT credit for the past 2 years, solid Franchise Moves. It goes without saying mistakes have been made, no need to rehash it. Giving credit where credit is due. I am hoping that Staley is the catalyst to our own SB win, even in just a short time, you can feel the culture change on this team happening. Wait until they get that confidence good teams just have.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Baldys Breakdowns.
                        Best in the Business.
                        Rashawn is so consistent.

Slater--ASJ.
                        Best 1-2 picks.
                        Out of 32 teams.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Here is film with Montez Sweat, and his long arms on our short-armed rookie OLT's throat. Slater was hanging tough, with great balance and lower body strength.

Meanwhile, a big play by LAC was negated by a bogus Hands to the Face penalty against Oboushi.

Slater is so, so impressive. Let's see how he handles speed vs Randy Gregory, et al.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡